Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Basilio’s extra hour they discussed the possibility that Steele is there to be on staff but also available as interim HC to fill the gap when the time comes. Does that mean a 1 month gap or are we talking Steele as interim HC until Nov/Dec 2021?
I don't think CJP would hire is own replacement. Bassilio says stuff he reads on here and twitter. Him, Finebaum, and most of the sports media are just echoing what fans are saying and things that will make them listen.

Reactions: Rishvol
And what evidence makes you think he become a successful coach? Losing to GA st., Losing to BYU, and getting blown out by double digits against the big 3 making him 0-9 against them? Or is it the terrible roster development?
“Terrible roster development” and popular phrases like that come from ill-informed fans like yourself. Guys were being developed within this program during his first two seasons. Let’s stay the course.

Bama fan told me today he hopes we don’t hire Freeze. Said he’s a pain in their butt.
That’s really the heartbeat of where our search should start. Rivals don’t want him near UT. Enough said. Rivals could care less about Pruitt, Marrone, Chadwell, Steele, etc. Not much else needs to be said. We were also told by our rivals of the red flags against Pruitt and that he wasn’t HC material. Hmmm...

Reactions: letsgoUT29
Missouri went 5-5 with a new staff
Ole Miss went 5-5 with a new staff
Mississippi State went 4-7 with a new staff
Arkansas went 3-7 with a first time HC and new staff, after Morris spent 2 years running their roster into the dirt

If those programs which entered this season with new staffs were able to produce, Ole Miss + 1 win, Arkansas +1 win, Missouri -1 win, Mississippi State -2 wins (but 1 more than Pruitt) all that with 2 less games and playing an all SEC schedule. Yeah, I just don't think Pruitt has much to stand on with the COVID issues especially since 2 of his wins were to open the season.
All Pruitt had to do this season to hold the wolves at bay was win these 5 games. South Carolina, Missouri, Vanderbilt, Arkansas, and Kentucky. Losing 2 of those 3 especially the UK loss is completely unacceptable. No excuses whatsoever.

“Terrible roster development” and popular phrases like that come from ill-informed fans like yourself. Guys were being developed within this program during his first two seasons. Let’s stay the course.

So by your standards they only develop players every second year? So by year 10 or 12 we should be in a close game with Kentucky?

And who were those guys? Must've missed the progression. P.S. who in here decided it'd be funny to make this parody account?

The coaches he had that were good at developing left. Sherrer and Rumph to the NFL and Rocker to South Carolina. He replaced them with duds.

I know the troll thing is really fun but at the very least I wish you'd stay on one side of it.

Pruitt is the greatest coach of all-time one day then you're ready to hire Jeff Fisher the next.

Our AD has no say in who we hire?
Not saying he's not in the loop, but he ain't interviewing people and hiring them behind the coaches back. The way a firing works you fire the coach and then you start going down you list of candiates. The fact CJP is going about the day to day business of the team is a strong indication that is not going anywhere.

His defense last year was helped by having veteran guys in bituli, warrior, and Taylor. The defense this year was abysmal and his prized recruits played terrible so I’m not ill-informed like you claim me to be.

Reactions: CharlestonVol15
I support Pruitt because I believe he can develop into a good head coach here. After his second year, this program was on an upward trajectory. Then corona hit. Folks can holler excuses all they’d like but the facts are the facts. It had a profound impact on this team. Young guys don’t develop with no spring, summer, or fall practice.

That's actually you making an excuse for Pruitt. The rest of us are trying to hold him accountable. Everyone dealt with COVID.

I know the troll thing is really fun but at the very least I wish you'd stay on one side of it.

Pruitt is the greatest coach of all-time one day then you're ready to hire Jeff Fisher the next.
I want to keep Pruitt. Phil wants to keep Pruitt. If that doesn’t happen, I offer opinions on who I think would and wouldn’t be good. All it is.

I think you have to look at which coaches if they came here are guaranteed to succeed. The list is small Saban, Urban, Dabo.

Name pretty much any other coach and there is a risk with them.

This is it. We have hired mid major after mid major or assistant with no head coaching experience. You have to hire the correct one, but there is no guarantee that any of them work. I don't believe Freeze to be an option, and I don't think he's an option for many schools. Whatever opinion you have about it, hopefully most can realize that there does seem to be an issue with Freeze, and it's not just UT.

Any coach is a risk. The simplification of people just looking at "numbers" is a little surprising. On second thought, it probably isn't. Society has gotten easy these days.

For those of you asking for ammo I just found an unopened box of 45 500 count.

I don’t even have my 45 anymore

What’s that 500 round worth now?

Attachments

• 69538F69-E9DC-4047-B0A6-68ECFF3C36C2.jpeg
    69538F69-E9DC-4047-B0A6-68ECFF3C36C2.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 2
So we'll have a decent defense and still can't score?
I thought folks have been saying we’re going to set the woods on fire with Salter next season? Who, by the way, was brought in by Pruitt. Bailey will be the starter next season with a good stable of backs and receivers and we’ll be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back