Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Houston and Texas

Hadn't seen that, thanks

Hate to see it.

I actually feel pity for South Carolina. They are just a total tear-down of a program right now. I think they and Vandy are the only two programs in the SEC I can comfortably say we are in better shape than, even if we keep Pruitt.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Nah man. No cancel culture. Just obvious you're only here to troll. No real Vols fan would ever support a coach that just went 3-7, especially after the run of bad coaches we've had for nearly 15 years.
Most fans have no idea what really goes into running a successful program. The Tennessee fanbase is no outlier. Lots of armchair coaches around here who think they can do it better than the people who are put in place to do it.

It’s really shortsighted to just look at records. I don’t understand why posters can’t understand that winning at some places is easier than others.

let me help you here.

If vandys coach goes 6-6 next year he did one hell of a lot better job than if Nick Saban goes 8-4.

It’s really not hard folks

Exactly. Freeze was like 6-21 in the SEC.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
I support Pruitt because I believe he can develop into a good head coach here. After his second year, this program was on an upward trajectory. Then corona hit. Folks can holler excuses all they’d like but the facts are the facts. It had a profound impact on this team. Young guys don’t develop with no spring, summer, or fall practice.

Then explain why they still line up wrong, they can’t cover anyone, and tackling has gotten worse.

Not to mention we’re not closing any gaps with the rest of the league. In fact we’re squarely behind Kentucky. If it weren’t for a lame duck QB the Vandy score wouldn’t have been as bad either.

He checked out mentally and it showed in the way the team played as the year went on.

He’s not anything close to the picture you paint.

This is Fulmers doing. Not Pruitt. They would have announced him as a position coach if Pruitt was being retained. Instead it’s an open position so we aren’t stuck with more buyouts.
You are delusional. Fulmer ain't hiring anyone. Someone on the "Grassy Knoll" would be hiring people before Fulmer.

I support Pruitt because I believe he can develop into a good head coach here. After his second year, this program was on an upward trajectory. Then corona hit. Folks can holler excuses all they’d like but the facts are the facts. It had a profound impact on this team. Young guys don’t develop with no spring, summer, or fall practice.
And what evidence makes you think he become a successful coach? Losing to GA st., Losing to BYU, and getting blown out by double digits against the big 3 making him 0-9 against them? Or is it the terrible roster development?

That’s basically everything I’ve said in this thread today. I’m also not saying I want Marrone to be the guy, just that I see ways that it would be possible for him to succeed if he does get the job.
I see what you're saying, but unfortunately, IMO, unless by shear dumb luck, no coach/staff capable of turning this mess around will be hired here until they have a fundamental shift in priorities and goals for the program and a laser focused determination to get there. To use a bad cliche, they talk the talk, but they do not walk the walk....

As much as it pains me to say it, this doesn't bode well for the program..

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Most fans have no idea what really goes into running a successful program. The Tennessee fanbase is no outlier. Lots of armchair coaches around here who think they can do it better than the people who are put in place to do it.
Man the fans have really sucked this past decade supporting this program through the last ten years and going 60-62 in that time frame. It’s their fault for the bad hires and having no clue how to run a program. Those dang fans are ruining this program!

Missouri went 5-5 with a new staff
Ole Miss went 5-5 with a new staff
Mississippi State went 4-7 with a new staff
Arkansas went 3-7 with a first time HC and new staff, after Morris spent 2 years running their roster into the dirt

If those programs which entered this season with new staffs were able to produce, Ole Miss + 1 win, Arkansas +1 win, Missouri -1 win, Mississippi State -2 wins (but 1 more than Pruitt) all that with 2 less games and playing an all SEC schedule. Yeah, I just don't think Pruitt has much to stand on with the COVID issues especially since 2 of his wins were to open the season.

Looks like some of our fans became soft trying to spin the narrative that Marrone would be a good hire.

More sad times ahead of us I’m afraid.
I think you have to look at which coaches if they came here are guaranteed to succeed. The list is small Saban, Urban, Dabo.

Name pretty much any other coach and there is a risk with them.

Reactions: VolGee4

You can’t call anyone an arm chair when your arm chair is coming from the soap box you stand on.

Reactions: 5FingerVolPunch
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back