Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you know it's not the other way around? Maybe @LA Vol hijacked @InVOLuntary and he's being held captive in some dungeon? Chained to the wall only being taken care of by a harem of scantily clad beautiful women. Ever consider that as a possibility?

giphy.gif
I actually had that as my 1B scenario word for word, but @LA Vol never posts gifs. So my plan worked, and you’ve been outed.
#freeLA

I don’t care if someone is a good hire or not. I think he’s one of the coaches that would at least have us out of the cellar and quite honestly that’s all I’m worried about right now. I’m not even thinking past that.
yeah. you pair Marrone with Steele and Garner and then bring in a dynamic OC, we may have something there. Now, if you keep Chaney, then we're screwed.

It had been reported that Tennessee coach Jeremy Pruitt did not have the authority from UT to hire an assistant considering UT is undergoing an internal investigation from its compliance office for potential NCAA recruiting violations.

While sources said UT approved the hiring of Steele, it is not known if Pruitt has the clearance to hire an offensive line coach after Will Friend left in late December.

Also, Steele would be retained even if UT and Pruitt part ways, sources said.

Jimmy's blog: UT hires Steele on defensive staff

yeah. you pair Marrone with Steele and Garner and then bring in a dynamic OC, we may have something there. Now, if you keep Chaney, then we're screwed.
This guy was on Marrone's staff in Jacksonville. Has extensive collegiate experience coordinating pass oriented offenses.

Eric Price

I don't think CJP would hire is own replacement. Bassilio says stuff he reads on here and twitter. Him, Finebaum, and most of the sports media are just echoing what fans are saying and things that will make them listen.

I don’t think CJP has the ultimate say.

Hadn't seen that, thanks

I actually feel pity for South Carolina. They are just a total tear-down of a program right now. I think they and Vandy are the only two programs in the SEC I can comfortably say we are in better shape than, even if we keep Pruitt.
Yea I kinda feel the same, maybe because we’re close to being right there with them

I can go into depth, our offensive line who had as many 4 5 stars starting on the O line got pushed around like a JV squad, our DBs got consistently beat on inside slants and couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down, pass rush was non-existent, our LBs were lost in coverage on a consistent basis, QB play don’t get me started, WRs were hot and cold no real new development there and TEs caught maybe 10 balls all year. There’s your details for ya.
Our oline did not get pushed around in fact they were often dominating the line of scrimage against good teams. The problems the oline did have were mostly assignment errors not getting pushed around.
It was the LB's getting caught on receivers over the middle not the DB's. This was primarily due to lack of pass rush, I'll grant you that one, with out blitzing. The LB's caught in mismatches on receivers, that does not usually go well, ask Ohio State when Smith blew past that LB for a TD last night
JG was catastophically bad. We had several promising young receivers see the field, in particular Hyatt. Wideman, and Keyton.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Our oline did not get pushed around in fact they were often dominating the line of scrimage against good teams. The problems the oline did have were mostly assignment errors not getting pushed around.
It was the LB's getting caught on receivers over the middle not the DB's. This was primarily due to lack of pass rush, I'll grant you that one, with out blitzing. The LB's caught in mismatches on receivers, that does not usually go well, ask Ohio State when Smith blew past that LB for a TD last night
JG was catastophically bad. We had several promising young receivers see the field, in particular Hyatt. Wideman, and Keyton.

Our OL was destroyed against Georgia

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back