Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
“Terrible roster development” and popular phrases like that come from ill-informed fans like yourself. Guys were being developed within this program during his first two seasons. Let’s stay the course.
When we had a good coaching staff they were. All our good coaches left and more keep leaving under Pruitt. We have a weak staff now.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Not saying he's not in the loop, but he ain't interviewing people and hiring them behind the coaches back. The way a firing works you fire the coach and then you start going down you list of candiates. The fact CJP is going about the day to day business of the team is a strong indication that is not going anywhere.
Ok put money on it? What role did Steele get again? Has it been named?

They never go in to details and when asked for examples they say, "But we lost to GA ST."
I can go into depth, our offensive line who had as many 4 5 stars starting on the O line got pushed around like a JV squad, our DBs got consistently beat on inside slants and couldn’t get off the field on 3rd down, pass rush was non-existent, our LBs were lost in coverage on a consistent basis, QB play don’t get me started, WRs were hot and cold no real new development there and TEs caught maybe 10 balls all year. There’s your details for ya.

Not saying he's not in the loop, but he ain't interviewing people and hiring them behind the coaches back. The way a firing works you fire the coach and then you start going down you list of candiates. The fact CJP is going about the day to day business of the team is a strong indication that is not going anywhere.
How do you know Pruitt is "going about the day to day business of the team"? Are you his assistant? Also pease don't say you read it here..

If these are your opinions, that's fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. But you run around in here stating things as fact. They simply aren't. No one posting in here knows for sure what the hell is going on. Now that's either masterful deception on the ADs part or just flat out, no plan, ineptness...

I'll go with the latter until they prove me wrong.

Can y’all cease from replying to and quoting Tennessee Stud and rikberry31? Short of ignoring everyone in this thread... good gosh almighty. They are trolls. Nothing more.

Now carry on with cutting off each other’s heads on who our new coach won’t be.

Have a good day!
I don't think they're trolls, I think they're that dumb

I don't know...I feel like Pruitt has no more contacts to pull. At least Steele has since his last HC stint been with some great coaches/programs.

He took the Baylor HC job from 1999-2002, before then he had only worked at TN, New Mexico State, OK State, Nebraska, & Carolina (NFL) as a positional coach. Hadn't even been a DC before taking that HC gig.

Since being fired from Baylor he's held jobs with FSU, Alabama, Clemson, LSU, & Auburn and at 4 of those schools he was a DC. So maybe being on staff under Bobby Bowden, Nick Saban, Dabo Swinney, Les Miles, & Gus Malzahn has better prepared him to be a HC. I mean that's a damn good group of guys to work under.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back