The Impeachment Thread

Not at all. I just get off watching you girls lose your collective shlt over Trump. I could care less about these proceedings. I’m patiently awaiting indictments from Durham and Barr which I’m confident are in the works.. 👍

Lol, you're going to need that patience.

Why would I be losing my sht? As I stated, no one expects him to be convicted, I just told you that. All that weedis affecting your memory, maybe 72 can lend you some of his meds.

I'm not doing that, in fact I've stated on numerous occasions that I didn't believe it was an impeachable offense.

I simply find it bewildering and galacticaly hypocritical for the right to whine about lack of evidenciary testimony while openly fighting having to allow it.

There's no good excuse and the optics are terrible.

McConnell could be setting himself up with a Pyhricc victory.
Pyrrhic.

He should be censured like Jackson was for withholding funds for the Bank of the United States. It was latter reversed. But it’s the most appropriate punishment. And I am no arguing Jackson was wrong about the bank of the US. It was an over reach in power though.

Reactions: 37L1 and VolnJC
I'm not doing that, in fact I've stated on numerous occasions that I didn't believe it was an impeachable offense.

I simply find it bewildering and galacticaly hypocritical for the right to whine about lack of evidenciary testimony while openly fighting having to allow it.

Lol. Better than a pyrrhic loss

Attempted bribery, duh.

A charge of attempted bribery ... coming from congress. From congress - the people who make millions on a couple of hundred thousand a year; surely their legislation favoring a lot of wealthy and influential people and companies has nothing to do with that!!! That congress??? Have you absolutely lost your mind??? Why in the hell would anybody much less a foreign company pay Biden Jr millions for something he knows nothing about without Crazy Joe's connections? Connections that have the potential to bring in foreign aid and other favors. Amazing logic, Luther. Ignore what absolutely appears to be bribery, and go off on a wild goose chase.

If true, several pages back there was a quote concerning the Ukranian aid package. It said congress authorized up to a certain amount and it certainly sounded like a discretionary payout through the DOD which, since Trump is commander in chief, he heads.

As you know, "attempted bribery" isn't in the impeachment complaints. Now instructing the IRS to go after people and groups is abuse of power, but when Obama did it you weren't disturbed, and abuse of power is in the Trump articles of impeachment, but no one bothered to go after Obama on that one.

Trump won the election. What you think of him doesn't matter. He won. You don't have to like it, but you do have to live with it. But the Dems have refused and have attempted to undo the election in every way. If we really want to talk about violations of the Constitution, we should start there first IMO.

I've said from the beginning, if you want him out of office, win the next election.

Dims need to listen to Obama's words. “Elections have consequences. We won, you lost. Get over it.”

They can do the Cliff's Notes version in less than 5 minutes; why waste time if you can't fast forward?
Well, it’s the same things over, over, and over. Ever heard the song by Ratt? “Round and Round” There was a lot of rambling going on. I guess they didn’t want to fall asleep, listening to ✏️ neck for almost three hours. You can only take so much for that long anyways. All this is doing is delaying the work toward the American people to get to work on what needs to be done. All democrats is supposed to work fo us, and not the world. Well, that sums it up for today’s events.😂😂

Reactions: AM64

While only one outcome of many...
This is a valid concern and one that actually has me worried. What price are these republicans really going to pay by insisting on defending and possibly saving this president?

While only one outcome of many...
This is a valid concern and one that actually has me worried. What price are these republicans really going to pay by insisting on defending and possibly saving this president?
Yes, preserving the Constitution and not allowing the Dems to use impeachment as a political tool is just horrible. We should be able to impeach someone from office because we don't like them. Oh wait, the Constitution already provides a way to remove someone we don't like from office. It's called an election.

If you want Trump out of office, run a candidate that can win. The partisan hackery of the left has gone too far. And if the roles were reversed, I'd be saying the same about the right. Trump won the election. You don't have to like him, but he's the President. Hell, I haven't liked a President since Reagan, and I only liked him because I was a kid when he was in office. It's time for the Dems to accept Trump won and Hillary lost.

He may be an obnoxious ass hat, but he hasn't done anything deserving of impeachment. This whole Ukraine bull **** is just another attempt by the left to get their way by any means. It's far more shameful than the behavior they continuously attack Trump for.

Yes, preserving the Constitution and not allowing the Dems to use impeachment as a political tool is just horrible. We should be able to impeach someone from office because we don't like them. Oh wait, the Constitution already provides a way to remove someone we don't like from office. It's called an election.

If you want Trump out of office, run a candidate that can win. The partisan hackery of the left has gone too far. And if the roles were reversed, I'd be saying the same about the right. Trump won the election. You don't have to like him, but he's the President. Hell, I haven't liked a President since Reagan, and I only liked him because I was a kid when he was in office. It's time for the Dems to accept Trump won and Hillary lost.

He may be an obnoxious ass hat, but he hasn't done anything deserving of impeachment. This whole Ukraine bull **** is just another attempt by the left to get their way by any means. It's far more shameful than the behavior they continuously attack Trump for.

First off, preserving the constitution and our very democracy is exactly what the democrats are attempting to do right now. Removing Trump from office would just be collateral to that.

That is where you are wrong, in fact. Sure, do the democrats completely dislike Trump and have they been on his case since before day 1, absolutely. Impeachment wasn't even an option for Pelosi, in fact she rallied against it UNTIL Trump finally crossed the line of what could be excused and what couldn't be. Impeachment wasn't even a reality until Trump pulled the Ukraine crap. Clinton, in all actuality shouldn't have been impeached for cheating on his wife and making a deposit into Lewinsky. At worst the guy was immoral/unethical but not worthy of impeachment. Trump on the other hand used the office of the president in an attempt for his own personal gain. That alone is a reason for impeachment and removal. Not even bringing in obstructing congress. If there was ever a valid time to use impeachment ever in our history it is now, against Trump.

The point of my original post was to state that despite what you might think of me I value the balance that we typically have between democrats and republicans. I'm afraid that in their effort to defend and protect Trump they actually do so much harm to their own party that it takes them forever to recover. Who knows, it may already be too late.

Reactions: luthervol
A sketch of the protester who disrupted the trial
From CNN's Daniella Diaz

download (9).jpg

Sketch by Bill Hennessy

Here's a bit more on the protester who briefly interrupted the ongoing impeachment hearing inside the Senate gallery. Plus, a sketch by Bill Hennessy.
The protester could be heard yelling “Jesus Christ” — but the rest of the brief outburst could not be picked up as US Capitol Police carried him out of the Senate chamber.
The interruption prompted the senators to turn their heads.
Meanwhile, Chief Justice John Roberts brought the trial back to order.
"The Senate will be in order. The Sergeant at Arms will restore order in the gallery,” he told senators.
US Capitol Police confirm that a man was arrested and charged with unlawful conduct.

VN Store

Back