Ques Glover ‘19 PG Knoxville, TN (Florida commit 4.1.2019)

Does everyone see James as a PG? He looks more like a 3 to me. Maybe he can play point forward, but I don't see the PG as much. Turner will be the man at PG is Bone leaves. As stated by others in this thread, Turner really outplayed Bone in the tourney. He is tenacious on D and is a better spot up shooter.
I think he'd be better in a different role than PG, but I know that's where UT is trying him out at primarily.

Reactions: VOLED
His defense was fine. Just didn't like the way the team looked offensively when he ran the point. Then again, Bone had his moments as well.

Your op mentioned james not being able to guard the pg

He can play PG on offesne and guard the 2 or 3 on D

Reactions: OrangenSC
Your op mentioned james not being able to guard the pg

He can play PG on offesne and guard the 2 or 3 on D

No, my OP stated that I'd be interested to see how he performed against quicker guards like Auburn threw at us. I didn't say he wasn't capable. It remains a question that will have no answer until he goes up against that type of guard.

No, my OP stated that I'd be interested to see how he performed against quicker guards like Auburn threw at us. I didn't say he wasn't capable. It remains a question that will have no answer until he goes up against that type of guard.

You said defensively and I am only pointing out he likely won't guard the oppents better guards.

Turner and Bowden will draw those assignments

You said defensively and I am only pointing out he likely won't guard the oppents better guards.

Turner and Bowden will draw those assignments

Still doesn't give me confidence vs a team like Auburn. We didn't have a guard on the team that could keep those guys from penetrating. I thought Bone had the quicks to do so, but it just seemed like we had no answers. Then again no one else seems to have an answer either.

We know what we have with Bone and Turner. Bowden seems inconsistent and Jalen is nonexistent. If Bone departs, PG falls to James and Turner. Not saying they can't get it done, but I'd really love to see one more true PG with some quicks on the roster going into next season.

Still doesn't give me confidence vs a team like Auburn. We didn't have a guard on the team that could keep those guys from penetrating. I thought Bone had the quicks to do so, but it just seemed like we had no answers. Then again no one else seems to have an answer either.

We know what we have with Bone and Turner. Bowden seems inconsistent and Jalen is nonexistent. If Bone departs, PG falls to James and Turner. Not saying they can't get it done, but I'd really love to see one more true PG with some quicks on the roster going into next season.

Bone was the worst defender of turner Bowden and him this year

Bone was the worst defender of turner Bowden and him this year

And given his quicks, that's hard to explain. Strong defenders up top really make life difficult for an opposing offense.

Let's not JJJ is still a high school kid. Of course his defense isn't gonna be as good as our guards already here. But no doubt his defense will improve while he's here. Even then I wouldn't expect him to guard the small, quick, good point guards.

Honestly, it could be argued that during the tourneys, Turner was equally as effective as Bone.

In 6 tourney games...
Bone: 13.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 4.3 apg, 1.8 TO/gm 43% FG%, 42% 3-pt FG%

Turner: 13.2 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.7 TO/gm 44% FG%, 42% 3-pt FG%

Quite frankly, Turner played above his season averages in the postseason and Bone played below his. Not to mention Turner was wholly more effective defensively.

But but but but Turner takes a bad shot and makes a turnover every once in a while!

Reactions: sechamp2012
Spot just opened up. Time to offer Ques.

Unfortunately, it's not officially open. Bone can change his mind. UT has to wait until May I think before they know how many openings they have for next season. I have a feeling we'll be looking to replace 4 starters next season.

If Barnes thought he could play here he would’ve been offered months ago. It’s too late anyway now. He’s all Gator. Only time will tell if Barnes or White evaluated him correctly.

If Barnes thought he could play here he would’ve been offered months ago. It’s too late anyway now. He’s all Gator. Only time will tell if Barnes or White evaluated him correctly.

He ain't a gator until he signs.

Some writer called into WNML a few minutes ago and said Glover’s parents are UF fans. So he may not have stayed home even if we offered.

I have watched Bearden High school play a handful of times this past season mainly to get a feel for how good Drew Pember would be at UT but I was also intrigued by Glover and his potential and I will be interested to see how he does at Florida ?? Does Mike White know more than everyone else knows ?
But my favorite player off of this Bearden team, is their other Guard Trent Stephney, whom I am convinced is a Division I player but I have heard little to nothing on his recruitment ? Stephney is a 6-1 Guard, with very good hops, he is a very good passer and he can shoot the basketball. That being said, Stephney is undersized-- he might be 6-1 and he could definitely use a redshirt year to get bigger and stronger, just like his HS teammates Pember and Glover but Mr. Stephney can play. Has anyone heard anything on where Stephney may end up ? Yesterday, I heard Grades maybe an issue for Stephney, if that is true, it will be interesting to see if he chooses a Juco or Prep school to get back on track ? If anyone knows anything on Stephney's recruitment I would appreciate the info ?

Unfortunately, it's not officially open. Bone can change his mind. UT has to wait until May I think before they know how many openings they have for next season. I have a feeling we'll be looking to replace 4 starters next season.
No, they don’t have to wait. He’s declared, UT can move on.

No, they don’t have to wait. He’s declared, UT can move on.

It's my understanding that both can even go so far as to hire an agent and up until the cutoff date, they can withdraw from the draft and return to school. I don't see Barnes doing any "moving on" from Bone or Grant until the final decision has been made. They might not have to wait, but they really do.

It's my understanding that both can even go so far as to hire an agent and up until the cutoff date, they can withdraw from the draft and return to school. I don't see Barnes doing any "moving on" from Bone or Grant until the final decision has been made. They might not have to wait, but they really do.

They can even go past the cut off rate and return to school if not drafted at all which seems possible for bone

They can even go past the cut off rate and return to school if not drafted at all which seems possible for bone

I'd have to think Barnes would have taken steps to replace Bone by then. Not sure how that scenario would play out.

VN Store

Back