Ques Glover ‘19 PG Knoxville, TN (Florida commit 4.1.2019)

Kent, Pember, Gaines,
It ain’t as if Barnes hasn’t had some reaches.

I will give you Kent. Pember had better stats than your boy today and he didn't even play. He stunk. I would take Gaines any day of the week over Glover. Also, if you are going to take a "reach" type of player I like reaching on a 6'10" instead of a 5'9" guy.

Kent, Pember, Gaines,
It ain’t as if Barnes hasn’t had some reaches.

Kent > 6’10 forward with a stroke.
Pember > 6’9 forward with a stroke who can handle the ball.
Gaines > 6’7 guard who’s already shown he’s capable of guarding all sec caliber players at a high level.
Glover > 5’8 guard who doesn’t have elite speed/ quickness, nor can he shoot like Tyler harris.

I’m going with the first 3 reaches over glover any day of the week.

Kent > 6’10 forward with a stroke.
Pember > 6’9 forward with a stroke who can handle the ball.
Gaines > 6’7 guard who’s already shown he’s capable of guarding all sec caliber players at a high level.
Glover > 5’8 guard who doesn’t have elite speed/ quickness, nor can he shoot like Tyler harris.

I’m going with the first 3 reaches over glover any day of the week.
Kent was damn joke. Just stop.

I love Gaines.
To try and say Pember has any reason being in the SEC is insanity. You have to understand that not all players are starters. But, you also need to right players and you need to constantly be planning your roster. Pember doesn’t fill a need. He isn’t a post. This team needed another ball handler at then beginning of the year. Not a starter but someone who can give you 10-12 minutes. Glover is that guy and his minutes at UF show that. Regardless of today’s game (which I’ll take) UF is solidly in the tourney and Glover is averaging 13 minutes. Facts are facts.

I love Gaines.
To try and say Pember has any reason being in the SEC is insanity. You have to understand that not all players are starters. But, you also need to right players and you need to constantly be planning your roster. Pember doesn’t fill a need. He isn’t a post. This team needed another ball handler at then beginning of the year. Not a starter but someone who can give you 10-12 minutes. Glover is that guy and his minutes at UF show that. Regardless of today’s game (which I’ll take) UF is solidly in the tourney and Glover is averaging 13 minutes. Facts are facts.
You chastise people for judging Glover on one game, yet you've barely seen Pember play, yet, and you are saying it's "insanity to believe he cam play in the SEC"? Interesting take from you.

And you may be right on Pember, just like everyone else may be right on Glover.

Tough game today. But he's a proven
champion. He'll get better in time. We could have used him this year, but if Turner was expected to play 35+ every game he wouldn't have been expected to contribute much. He could become a really good 4 year player. Just not his day today.

I love Gaines.
We had a point guard when the season started. Glover would not play a lick if he played for Tennessee next year. Pember is going to be a good player. He is 6'9, can run the floor, has a nice stroke and in limited minutes has shown he can put the ball on the floor.Barnes definitely made the right decision on this one..

Glover just doesn't fit Barnes's recruiting philosophy. It's not personal and it has nothing to do with Pember. Barnes goes for bigger guards. I actually wish he would change his philosophy and have a couple of smaller quicker guys but that's not what he believes in.

Reactions: sechamp2012
You chastise people for judging Glover on one game, yet you've barely seen Pember play, yet, and you are saying it's "insanity to believe he cam play in the SEC"? Interesting take from you.

And you may be right on Pember, just like everyone else may be right on Glover.
Pember will be a good college player before he is done. Barnes will turn him into a stretch 4 and folks will be apologizing for dismissing him just like they are doing with Fulkerson now. Just my opinion.

I love Gaines.

In hindsight, yes, kent wasn’t very good, but he did have size and can shoot. That’s a project I’m willing to take a risk on rather than a 5’8 kid in the SEC.

Reactions: MinisterofDef#92
Kent was never healthy. Doesn't mean that he would have panned out if he was injury free, but we'll never know. Pretty harsh for Roustabout to say he's a damn joke.

Reactions: HalfullVol
We had a point guard when the season started. Glover would not play a lick if he played for Tennessee next year. Pember is going to be a good player. He is 6'9, can run the floor, has a nice stroke and in limited minutes has shown he can put the ball on the floor.Barnes definitely made the right decision on this one..
He’s playing 12 minutes on a better team. Pember will never contribute much if any.

Aside from the Glover argument, I wouldn't count out Pember. I would be willing to bet even more on him given that you are the one making the declaration.

Indeed. When we signed Admiral and Grant, no way did I ever imagine them turning into NBA talents. Just didn't see it. At this point, I'm going to let Barnes evaluate talent and shut up about it. Clearly I don't know diddly about it.

Maybe but I just don’t see it at this time. If he isn’t recruited over, White will be fired in 1-2 years.

Next year’s class at UF isn’t nearly as good as they have been recruiting. They did get the transfer guard from a midmajor who was sought after. But if White can’t do much with this team, I think he’s in trouble.

Glover just doesn't fit Barnes's recruiting philosophy. It's not personal and it has nothing to do with Pember. Barnes goes for bigger guards. I actually wish he would change his philosophy and have a couple of smaller quicker guys but that's not what he believes in.
Yep
Barnes does not like under 6' player for D it's a instant weakness in a man to man.

Pember will be a good college player before he is done. Barnes will turn him into a stretch 4 and folks will be apologizing for dismissing him just like they are doing with Fulkerson now. Just my opinion.
You may be correct. Fulk was miles ahead of Pember at the same age, so I will admittedly be surprised if Pember has this same kind of impact, but I'm not attempting to dismiss him entirely, just yet. I have seem too many people make great strides under this staff to do that, just yet.

My comment was more focused on the poster who speaks out of both sides of his mouth. The one who feels it is unspeakable to question an opposing player after one game, but has no issue blasting one of our own when he's hardly seen him play. The poster who constantly shouts down other posters to stop "hall monitoring", yet finds it necessary to do it on his own.

VN Store

Back