Ques Glover ‘19 PG Knoxville, TN (Florida commit 4.1.2019)

goodtobegoad

5 ft 9 in
Knoxville Bearden High School
PG

Jacques Glover, 2019 Point guard - Rivals

Just for discussion purposes would Rick barnes give this guy a look if Bone has a good tourney and declares early. A lot of mid major offers but no power 5. I know we have James whose a combo guard coming in and Lamonte turner but this guy is a true pg with some speed. Glover tore up the Memphis team with #1 recruit James wiseman for over 20 points to win the state tourney. Also played elite completion during the summer with Bobby maze elite.

Once again I repeat there’s a lot of ifs in this post and someone with no power 5 offers never excites anyone (though some of his mid major offers are from good teams). Just found it interesting with bones play of late and what could happen if he did have a great tourney and went pro. Know we could look graduate transfer, but as far as four year players the picking is slim. Have another two days till the game so figured it’d be fun to talk about and debate. Anyone feel free to post highlights of him. I’m on a crappy iphone6 in hondruas that doesn’t do well with attaching things.

Last edited by a moderator:
5 ft 9 in
Knoxville Bearden High School
PG

Jacques Glover, 2019 Point guard - Rivals

Just for discussion purposes would Rick barnes give this guy a look if Bone has a good tourney and declares early. A lot of mid major offers but no power 5. I know we have James whose a combo guard coming in and Lamonte turner but this guy is a true pg with some speed. Glover tore up the Memphis team with #1 recruit James wiseman for over 20 points to win the state tourney. Also played elite completion during the summer with Bobby maze elite.

Once again I repeat there’s a lot of ifs in this post and someone with no power 5 offers never excites anyone (though some of his mid major offers are from good teams). Just found it interesting with bones play of late and what could happen if he did have a great tourney and went pro. Know we could look graduate transfer, but as far as four year players the picking is slim. Have another two days till the game so figured it’d be fun to talk about and debate. Anyone feel free to post highlights of him. I’m on a crappy iphone6 in hondruas that doesn’t do well with attaching things.

Friend of mine who lives around Bearden invited me to go watch them when they played Farragut back in December I think. I felt sorry for Farragut, but this Glover kid was soooo fun to watch. If he could somehow end up a Vol, I think he would be worth bringing in. The fact he doesn't have a D-1 offer is confusing to say the least.

But I think Bone is back anyway. When he has been inconsistent, it's been obvious. He needs another year.

Friend of mine who lives around Bearden invited me to go watch them when they played Farragut back in December I think. I felt sorry for Farragut, but this Glover kid was soooo fun to watch. If he could somehow end up a Vol, I think he would be worth bringing in. The fact he doesn't have a D-1 offer is confusing to say the least.

But I think Bone is back anyway. When he has been inconsistent, it's been obvious. He needs another year.
He has plenty of D1 offers, just none from any high majors, which is probably what you meant. I seem to remember that he may have some attitude questions, as well. If true, then coupled with his lack of other high major offers, it would seem to indicate he isn't worth pursuing.

Frankly, if this kid wasn't from Knoxville, he's the kind of player 90% of our fans would lose their minds over Barnes offering a scholarship, and they'd be screaming about how badly recruiting needs to improve.

Bearden played in the Arby's Classsic back in December. One of there assistants is a Tennessee High grad. My kids talked to Ques during tournament and were very impressed as were many other Bristolians that came into contact with him and the rest of the Bearden team.

He has plenty of D1 offers, just none from any high majors, which is probably what you meant. I seem to remember that he may have some attitude questions, as well. If true, then coupled with his lack of other high major offers, it would seem to indicate he isn't worth pursuing.

Frankly, if this kid wasn't from Knoxville, he's the kind of player 90% of our fans would lose their minds over Barnes offering a scholarship, and they'd be screaming about how badly recruiting needs to improve.

It was to my understanding he has none as I said, and was led to believe by what I had heard on the sports animal. Maybe I should plead insanity for believing them.

But to be equally frank, what your 90% of our fans lose their minds over and scream about is not a concern for me. I am not the coach or a recruiter for him. Neither are they. All I know is Quez Glover is a heck of a ball player. As to his attitude, he may have some swagger, but I figure Rick Barnes can get that under control. Alot of it is probably more about spots available and positions of need, like the OP was referring to if Bone ends up going pro. But if you conclude he isn't worth pursuing? You just haven't seen him play. Maybe it is grades, I don't know anything else about him. But I believe when the dust settles and he takes an offer, he will be contributing quickly.

And yes, even at 5'9".

Reactions: kamoshika
It was to my understanding he has none as I said, and was led to believe by what I had heard on the sports animal. Maybe I should plead insanity for believing them.

But to be equally frank, what your 90% of our fans lose their minds over and scream about is not a concern for me. I am not the coach or a recruiter for him. Neither are they. All I know is Quez Glover is a heck of a ball player. As to his attitude, he may have some swagger, but I figure Rick Barnes can get that under control. Alot of it is probably more about spots available and positions of need, like the OP was referring to if Bone ends up going pro. But if you conclude he isn't worth pursuing? You just haven't seen him play. Maybe it is grades, I don't know anything else about him. But I believe when the dust settles and he takes an offer, he will be contributing quickly.

And yes, even at 5'9".
To clarify a couple points...

I am not making a determination as to his worthiness of a scholarship. I learned a long time ago to leave the recruiting up to Barnes and staff. My comment was more or less projecting what the coaches thoughts might be. If attitude is an issue, coupled with his height and lack of high major offers, then perhaps they feel their time is better spent on other players without those drawbacks. I have never seen him play, so I can’t speak to that, personally, but I could see the UT staff having those concerns.

Secondly, the 90% comment was more of a commentary on how our absurd fan base views recruiting. I was just making the point that if this kid were from Gate City, VA, and not Knoxville, most of the people crowing for him to get a ride to UT would be cursing Barnes for taking a 5-9 PG with no high major offers. If that isn’t you, then kudos, but it was never my intention to assert that you were that guy.

Thirdly, if we find ourselves in a pinch and he is available, I would be on board if Barnes extended an offer. If he doesn’t, then I trust that there was reason not to pursue him, whether he balls out elsewhere or not.

FWIW, his best offers are currently Yale (rules out grades being an issue), Charleston, New Mexico St, Charlotte, Furman, Samford, and Vermont.

Reactions: StarRaider
He’s too small for the SEC but I hope he goes to Cal St. Bakersfield and balls out! My wife is an alum. Go Roadrunners!

He’s 5’9” y’all!

Didn’t Barnes go see Pember play on the AAU circuit? If he did then he had to have seen Ques also.

I recall another under rated player with an Ivy League offer or two that seemed to have a little success at Tennessee; he was thought to be undersized for his position also !!! Just saying !!!
I've been waiting on someone to make this argument since I posted he had an offer from Yale. Surprised it took this long.

He’s 5’9” y’all!

I'll drop this here as well....

Kid can elevate. That mitigates his height to a degree, but having said that, anyone remember this guy? 5'10"
B9316502292Z.1_20150311160925_000_G25A6ARGM.1-0.jpg

Heck, there have been some fantastic NBA players who didn't top 6'. If you can play you can play.

Size matters?

VN Store

Back