Ques Glover ‘19 PG Knoxville, TN (Florida commit 4.1.2019)

The more video I see of this kid, the more inclined I am to want to see him in orange. He looks like he could contribute as a freshman, but that goes against Barnes desire for 6'9" guys who need 2-3 years to develop. Hell, I'd suggest...strongly...that Kent might want to look for a new home and give him his scholarship.

Last edited:
Happy for the kid and it might work out for The gators but a sign of how far their recruiting has fallen

Happy for the kid and it might work out for The gators but a sign of how far their recruiting has fallen

giphy.gif

Reactions: G8R8U2
He has plenty of D1 offers, just none from any high majors, which is probably what you meant. I seem to remember that he may have some attitude questions, as well. If true, then coupled with his lack of other high major offers, it would seem to indicate he isn't worth pursuing.

Frankly, if this kid wasn't from Knoxville, he's the kind of player 90% of our fans would lose their minds over Barnes offering a scholarship, and they'd be screaming about how badly recruiting needs to improve.
Where did you hear that about his attitude?

Florida had a 5 star freshman point guard on the roster this season and has another 5 star point guard coming in for next season. Ques might not even see the floor until his senior year other than mop up duty.

The kid looked good to me on offense....Could shoot the 3 ball very well.
His lack of height may play a problem on defense though....

Just the same, I wish we had the kid....This will come back to bite us someday.

Reactions: UTSuave’
You all will be very frustrated if bone leaves and all we are left with is turner and this 5* we have coming in just sayin.

Yes if Bone leaves that's the only way I worry even a little bit but even then if James really is a PG it doesn't matter

Kid does seem to play with a chip on his shoulder and with some emotion...but from all accounts i've heard he's well-liked by his peers and is coachable. Who knows. I'm guessing Barnes and staff saw enough of him play in person and on film while recruiting Pember and for whatever reason decided to stay away.

Kid does seem to play with a chip on his shoulder and with some emotion...but from all accounts i've heard he's well-liked by his peers and is coachable. Who knows. I'm guessing Barnes and staff saw enough of him play in person and on film while recruiting Pember and for whatever reason decided to stay away.
Hearing that he is maybe closer to 5-11 now than the 5-9 he was reported to be, I am more inclined to wish we had taken a closer look. As you said, though, it isn't as if Barnes and Co. have no idea about him. There must be a reason to not pursue him, but after what I saw in that state championship game, I began to take notice and had hoped we might find a way to take him, even if we had bigger immediate needs.

That said, I don't believe that Bone leaves, so PG isn't an immediate concern. Bone, Turner, and James will do just fine next year. Now, in 2020, we definitely need to add a PG.

If this kid was from somewhere else then people would be criticizing Barnes for even considering signing him.

If this kid was from somewhere else then people would be criticizing Barnes for even considering signing him.
I made the exact same point 2 or 3 weeks ago. Since that time, it has been revealed that he is taller than originally reported, and as @lostsheep said, a Florida offer gives him and his talent a little more credibility.

Stars aside, it's the difference between a 5-9 PG whose best offer was Yale, and a 5-11 PG whose best offer is Florida.

Reactions: lostsheep
Barnes would get crucified by this fanbase for signing a 2 star point guard with no major offers.
I hear you man, and i'm not trying to convince otherwise. Just sayin I think an offer from Florida qualifies as a "major offer."

VN Store

Back