Ques Glover ‘19 PG Knoxville, TN (Florida commit 4.1.2019)

The post was regarding IF we were the only major offer. This is a very weak sign on paper for florida
Ahh...gotcha, thanks for the clarification.

Like i said, would've loved to have seen the kid end up at UT, but happy he's getting a chance in the SEC nonetheless.

The post was regarding IF we were the only major offer. This is a very weak sign on paper for florida
Florida is just filling holes at this point. Jitoboh last week, and Glover this week. I am much more intrigued by Glover's potential than I am Jitoboh's, however. With Tre Mann coming in, though, and Andrew Nembhard returning, his path to playing time seems to be blocked.

Reactions: Vols All Day
Florida is just filling holes at this point. Jitoboh last week, and Glover this week. I am much more intrigued by Glover's potential than I am Jitoboh's, however. With Tre Mann coming in, though, and Andrew Nembhard returning, his path to playing time seems to be blocked.

I'd like to see some real research done but my thinking is there are a lot more PG and SGs that are undervalued that end up being dang good than other positions. He might end up doing that but none the less it's not a good paper sign for the gators

I'd like to see some real research done but my thinking is there are a lot more PG and SGs that are undervalued that end up being dang good than other positions. He might end up doing that but none the less it's not a good paper sign for the gators
I'd guess you are correct based simply on size. Big kids are noticed at a much younger age unless they hit a late growth spurt. Also, there are, by nature, a lot more undersized PGs and SGs in the world, and that allows a higher percentage of them to fall thru the cracks due to many things, but mostly a lack of exposure.

As Kenny Smith said, "real good guards are everywhere, major, mid major, small schools."

If Bone leaves, it would have been nice to try to get him. He seemed to jump at his first major offer, we'll see if any more come in and if that changes his mind at all.

I'm really shocked at the Florida offer but good for him! Love to see a Bearden kid do well (I am class of '92).

Good for him...I’ll be anxious to see this pans out. Humphrey was willing to play a role at Florida and it worked out, good luck to the kid

Tennessee has Josiah James. I think we're fine.

If Bone does go pro and James is the PG next year, I'll be very interested to see how he does defensively against much quicker guards like Auburn threw at us this year. I don't think I've made it much of a secret that I'd like to see the book closed on Kent and Walker. If that happens and they move on, I know we'll be looking for bigs. If Bone also leaves, I really hope we get another PG who can contribute next year. You absolutely need 2 IMO. I did not like what I saw of Turner in that role.

If Bone does go pro and James is the PG next year, I'll be very interested to see how he does defensively against much quicker guards like Auburn threw at us this year. I don't think I've made it much of a secret that I'd like to see the book closed on Kent and Walker. If that happens and they move on, I know we'll be looking for bigs. If Bone also leaves, I really hope we get another PG who can contribute next year. You absolutely need 2 IMO. I did not like what I saw of Turner in that role.

Woa

You didn't like what you saw from Turner and his defense against the PG?

Honestly, it could be argued that during the tourneys, Turner was equally as effective as Bone.

In 6 tourney games...
Bone: 13.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 4.3 apg, 1.8 TO/gm 43% FG%, 42% 3-pt FG%

Turner: 13.2 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.7 TO/gm 44% FG%, 42% 3-pt FG%

Quite frankly, Turner played above his season averages in the postseason and Bone played below his. Not to mention Turner was wholly more effective defensively.

Honestly, it could be argued that during the tourneys, Turner was equally as effective as Bone.

In 6 tourney games...
Bone: 13.8 ppg, 3.3 rpg, 4.3 apg, 1.8 TO/gm 43% FG%, 42% 3-pt FG%

Turner: 13.2 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 4.0 apg, 1.7 TO/gm 44% FG%, 42% 3-pt FG%

Quite frankly. Turner played above his season averages in the postseason and Bone played below his.

No doubt. Bone was the most disappointing player of the post season imo

No doubt. Bone was the most disappointing player of the post season imo
I don’t think he did anything to make him a candidate to leave early for the NBA. If he leaves, then his mind was already made up because he didn’t help himself.

Reactions: VOLED
Kid will be a good player at the SEC level, but would’ve been the guy at a mid-major school.

Woa

You didn't like what you saw from Turner and his defense against the PG?

His defense was fine. Just didn't like the way the team looked offensively when he ran the point. Then again, Bone had his moments as well.

Reactions: UTSuave’

Does everyone see James as a PG? He looks more like a 3 to me. Maybe he can play point forward, but I don't see the PG as much. Turner will be the man at PG is Bone leaves. As stated by others in this thread, Turner really outplayed Bone in the tourney. He is tenacious on D and is a better spot up shooter.

Reactions: UTSuave’

VN Store

Back