Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't something that needs to happen happen quickly just once? Our freaking administration will sit on their hands until the fanbase strokes out or checks out. They will wait too long and we will have another five years of this crap with no end in sight. The level of continuous incompetence is mind boggling.

Imo if Pruitt is retained that likely means we were not getting the feedback we wanted and freeze isn't an option.

I’ve said it before, if we can’t get someone better than Pruitt, then we didn’t really try.

Example: unless Auburn hires him, Napier would come here in a heartbeat. I’d say it’s at least 75/25 among the fanbase would rather take a shot with him than stick with Pruitt.

I mean, I understand your logic in the abstract. But this job won’t be as attractive next season after a full offseason of NCAA mess, fan unrest, losing 2 classes of seniors, transfers, and another year of losing. You’ve got to move now and give your next guy a fighting chance.

Lol no pal. You can find kesling, hubbs, kasey finderburg etc at UT staff meetings Bc THEY WORK FOR THE ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT
I don’t think that is solid confirmation. 3rd parties can be at UT staff meetings. Bruce Wayne worked there so I’m inclined to believe he is right.

I had never heard much about him either, but after I read up about him, he would be a lot better than half the names that have been thrown around. Troy had never won 10 games in a season in program history, he won 10 games three out of four years there, including a conference championship and a win over LSU.

The SEC is so cut throat so not sure he could handle a job this big. The media, boosters, interviews and other admin duties. Not to mention he must be an elite recruiter and have those around him that can recruit and develop. Maybe he souls be a great hire but I would be concerned at first.

Fulmer almost messed up what we have going with Rick Barnes. Boyd had to come in and save the day and rally the boosters to give him a big contract. Fulmer needs to be sent packing.

Fulmer is a figurehead. I've tried to put that more nicely in the past but it doesn't seem to work so I'll state it bluntly: decisions at UT are not made by the athletic director. Fulmer ain't got squat to do with this decision one way or another. He's not powerful enough to protect Pruitt or to fire him without various factions moving. Fulmer's there to keep your attention away from the people pulling the strings.

they would be foolish to fire Fulmer. that would do a lot more damage than good. I hope people see that. Our ability to be consistent, be respected, and bring in reputable coaches depends on stability..which he has given.

Lest we forget the **** show?

Bob isnt saying much that any reasonable person couldnt think. Fulmer is well liked by all the Administration and has brought continuity. He's safe. I'm sure.

Pruitt? You dont cheat; and lose to Kentucky.
But according to AV the OBC has also ticked off a lot of the key people within the administration.

Reactions: RiotVol
You have to get rid of him, even if you have to hire mcgoogle. It would suck, but holy ****. Pruitt is so bad, taking a chance on Mcgoogle is a way better option at this point. I've never seen such poorly coached tems in my life as I have this under Pruitt.
That's fine. But if the goal is the long term health of the program, firing him is a very small part of the equation. It's also the easiest decision we'll have in that process....

Everything after is harder and more complicated. That's not a reason not fire Pruitt. Just a reminder..

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back