Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vols self impose investigation that leads to serious consequences. Can’t attract competent HC despite talented undeveloped roster. Things appear to be going as planned.
The investigation that has gone public is only the tip of the iceberg, as I read it. Basically a non-issue, but can be used as leverage to put things in motion because when folks keep digging, there are bodies (figuratively).

If higher-ups want to “clean house” as MV put it, this is the catalyst. There are always at least two sides to the same story, though, and this is being played much smarter and covertly than it has in the past.

I think this is a very legit possibility.
Some people saw a year without going to UT games and maybe they liked it better. Some people will be itching to get back to games. My point is that 2020 made things a little different. A normal year, yeah, I think you could take people showing up in 2021 for granted. Going forward though, it’s a bad year to serve up a sh!t sandwich. You actually may not get some folks back.

Reactions: Rizzo924
Combo. But it's not entirely for sure that he is back. I have not clue why Fulmer would do what he did. He is hitching his wagon to a lame horse. You have to know when to abandon ship vs sink and die.
Hes the same guy that was ok with letting Barnes go to UCLA. Send Fulmer to the house as well.

Fulmer is a figurehead. I've tried to put that more nicely in the past but it doesn't seem to work so I'll state it bluntly: decisions at UT are not made by the athletic director. Fulmer ain't got squat to do with this decision one way or another. He's not powerful enough to protect Pruitt or to fire him without various factions moving. Fulmer's there to keep your attention away from the people pulling the strings.

Then he needs have a muzzle slapped on him. Let him glad-hand the blue-hairs and spin yarns at the QB club, but no more. He never should have been allowed back into the program. Who hired him anyway? He has exactly zero qualifications to lead a mega-million dollar AD.

Reactions: NavyVolsFN
Some people saw a year without going to UT games and maybe they liked it better. Some people will be itching to get back to games. My point is that 2020 made things a little different. A normal year, yeah, I think you could take people showing up in 2021 for granted. Going forward though, it’s a bad year to serve up a sh!t sandwich. You actually may not get some folks back.
Pruitt is azz cheeks. No one is wasting their time next year. Well....you may watch, more power to you. Let me know how 4-8 feels after year 4, and 85% of the instate class goes elsewhere. 👍🏼😎

I’ve said it before, if we can’t get someone better than Pruitt, then we didn’t really try.

Example: unless Auburn hires him, Napier would come here in a heartbeat. I’d say it’s at least 75/25 among the fanbase would rather take a shot with him than stick with Pruitt.

I mean, I understand your logic in the abstract. But this job won’t be as attractive next season after a full offseason of NCAA mess, fan unrest, losing 2 classes of seniors, transfers, and another year of losing. You’ve got to move now and give your next guy a fighting chance.
It was general statement. Not a position supporting going one way or the other.

Also, what’s the point of hiring a defensive genius if your gonna have a crappy defense? We didn’t hire him for his people skills.

Remember "Loco" from Tyler Bray and company? Pruitt has replaced it with something even better.

1608521791624.png

The official hand gesture of the UT defense right before the snap and right after the whistle as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back