Recruiting Football Talk VII

Friendly reminder of our SEC opponents next season:

View attachment 595780
looking at next year's schedule again... it just hit me:

1700499091874.png

7 Home games
2 Neutral site games - NCSU and VU
only 3 true road games - which include a homecoming for Josh (OU) and a visit to play the downward-trending Razorbacks

Yeah, but they had our defensive signs and knew exactly what we would be doing defensively. This is a well established fact that cannot be disputed.

That being said, I am neither pro or con on Banks. I think the defense is better than it was in Heup's first year but is still frustrating to watch in many cases. We go into soft zone and force the other team to dink and dunk their way down field. Last year we would bow up in the red zone quite often and force a FG but this year (especially after the Bama game) we have not been able to do that. I would almost rather us play press man and risk getting beat over the top than let the other team go on 8+ minute drives while our offense sits on the sideline.
It's never been proven they had our signs. It's been conjecture.

Was listening to KSR postgame after the South Carolina game. Anyway they talked about not being surprised if some good players hit the portal and threw out Barion Brown. It may have been a what if scenario but I wonder if there is more to it.... anyway he's a TN kid and think he could be electric in our offense.

Hasn’t improved since last season. Playmaker that can’t catch the ball consistently. But a playmaker nonetheless.

Also he was rumored to portal out after last year and it didn’t materialize.

Reactions: captainfalcon777
Was listening to KSR postgame after the South Carolina game. Anyway they talked about not being surprised if some good players hit the portal and threw out Barion Brown. It may have been a what if scenario but I wonder if there is more to it.... anyway he's a TN kid and think he could be electric in our offense.
I don't see it happening. I could see him going somewhere else though.

looking at next year's schedule again... it just hit me:

View attachment 596895

7 Home games
2 Neutral site games - NCSU and VU
only 3 true road games - which include a homecoming for Josh (OU) and a visit to play the downward-trending Razorbacks

I'd probably go conservative and say 8-4 if asked today, just don't know how good Nico will be in year 1 starting and what the OL or defense (could lose a lot) is going to look like.

at Georgia
at OU
vs Bama
1 toe stub like we've seen the last 2 seasons

I don't see it happening. I could see him going somewhere else though.
Louisville would be a good spot for him. Brohm would know how to best utilize him. I’m guessing he wouldn’t be a culture fit here since we passed on him the first time around.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Finebaum roasting Lincoln Riley

On3
@On3sports

Paul Finebaum didn't hold back when discussing Lincoln Riley's 2023 coaching performance😳

“I don’t know if I’ve seen a worse coaching job by anyone than Lincoln Riley this year. It’s a complete disaster.

And, quite frankly, he ‘ought to pack up. I don’t really see what his path is moving forward.

Blamed everything on Alex Grinch. They haven’t been any better – they’ve been worse. Well maybe, Lincoln, you ‘ought to look in the mirror?

Maybe you’re just a total fraud as a coach? Maybe you just lived off of a couple of Heisman winners?

What Oklahoma did for you? All the people in Oklahoma who were heartbroken two years ago who never thought that they’d get over that blowoff?

They’re over it now. Lincoln Riley is nowhere near the coach that we all collectively tried to make him out to be.

Have you ever seen a college season ruined more than what Lincoln Riley did for Caleb Williams?

I said this a year ago that I thought it was really a shame that Bryce Young had such a terrible final year – he lost two games. I mean you have a generational quarterback and you finish 7-5?”

(via @MattBarrie)

Just saw Beamer bragging about his lame Sandstorm rave this weekend and how awesome his stadium is.

Gonna be weird not playing either dork coach from Missouri or South Carolina next year
I saw that at the end of his spiel about their awesomeness, Beamer implored his student section not to leave close games at the start of the fourth quarter. 😂

VN Store

Back