Recruiting Football Talk VII

No offense to Bru, but I hope he moves on

Hasn’t been impressive here. Only three 100+ yard games. Posters going to cry but he’s meh.

If you make another post like this, we’re just gonna have to go back to talking ish to each other.

Bru was good year one, but you can’t accurately judge a receiver until year two in this system. And in Brus year two, he had a potato head at QB. But he was clearly our best receiver when he played this year.

Brus best football is ahead of him, should he come back or try his hand in the league. I hope he’s back for sure.

Hasn’t been impressive here. Only three 100+ yard games. Posters going to cry but he’s meh.
He doesn’t have to be a 100 yard receiver. He’s a tone setter, can get 3 yards when you need it. Blocks well. Sure handed. He’s valuable. Surprised you don’t see that with how our wrs have played this year.

I understand and support the loyalty with some of these guys, I do...promises, keeping one's word, leadership, depth, culture. I get it, in these first 3 years. A foundation had to be laid; no better a foundation than the guys that stuck around, hung in there, worked...whenever this program was truly at its worst. They may not be the best on the field, but they proved just how much Rocky Top means to them. So, I get the loyalty to some of these guys, including Joe.

Going forward, however, to hell with experience if that experience isn't worth a fk. I love Heupel, and I believe he can be our next great...I support him, and the decisions he's made so far; but, going forward, if he continues to trot out players, that are OBVIOUSLY not going to get it done, he'll lose me. As much as I appreciate/love the Jaylon McCollough's of the world, the Joe Milton's and Tamarion McDonald's...I know I have, at most, 2 more weeks of watching them, but I'd almost rather tear my own eyes out before doing so. The only reason I don't, is because I've been addicted to the Vols my whole life, and because I do appreciate those guys, I do.
A lot of these guys are moving on. They'll be honored on Senior Day and given a nice sendoff. Some are dinged up and may opt out of the bowl game. There's young talent behind them, eager to play. But the philosophy wasn't player specific. It will change when they decide to change it.

You're wrong for this one.
Bru does a ton of small things well, he can make tough grabs, and he's a bully on the outside when it comes to blocking. We need him back.

A lot of these guys are moving on. They'll be honored on Senior Day and given a nice sendoff. Some are dinged up and may opt out of the bowl game. There's young talent behind them, eager to play. But the philosophy wasn't player specific. It will change when they decide to change it.
I know you are saying they're letting Heup manage how he wants, but what are you hearing on staff changes? Do you think there will be some? Hiring from within? Outside?
Not what Heup wants just what the vibe on potential moves are.

I’m happy for these 5th and 6th year seniors to be gone. While they helped a rebuild happen quicker a lot of them just aren’t very good.

I think he is a great run blocker and someone you can rely on to get you those 5 yds you need to keep a drive alive.

Will he come back from that ankle injury okay though? That’s the question, that type of break/dislocation changes a player for life.

Reactions: Glitch and LA Vol
I know you are saying they're letting Heup manage how he wants, but what are you hearing on staff changes? Do you think there will be some? Hiring from within? Outside?
Not what Heup wants just what the vibe on potential moves are.
I think they'll let it play out. Some staffers may leave on their own and that will determine how it dominos. CJH has been conservative with personnel. Stability was important, and nobody wants to upset that, but perhaps there is benefit in bringing in a little fresh perspective.

I think they'll let it play out. Some staffers may leave on their own and that will determine how it dominos. CJH has been conservative with personnel. Stability was important, and nobody wants to upset that, but perhaps there is benefit in bringing in a little fresh perspective.
Stability is important and making changes for the sake of making a change isn't right, but sometimes that change is what puts you over the top. Pointing toward Clemson going from Kevin Steele to Venables.

We were #22 in defensive stop rate last year with one of the toughest schedules in college football. That is excellent considering the roster and depth issues as well as the fast paced scoring on offense, so what are you talking about, that's just an ignorant statement.
So you agree, we've regressed.

The sooner Banks is gone the sooner we can start building a defense That's even close to SEC quality.

SC last year, 7 straight drives, 7 straight TDs. 🤣

Thanks for the info you bring

I’m happy for these 5th and 6th year seniors to be gone. While they helped a rebuild happen quicker a lot of them just aren’t very good.

Agreed. Because our 20 and 21 class was so gutted, we really needed these super seniors just to fill a roster. But most of these guys should not be getting so much playing time if you want to be a legit 10 win SEC team.

VN Store

Back