Recruiting Football Talk VII

November 15, 1986
Tennessee traveled to Jackson, MS to face #20 Ole Miss. Ole Miss needed a win vs UT and Miss. St to clinch a share of SEC Championship. The Vols were 0-3 in the SEC at the time.

Vol fullback William Howard had missed the three previous games (two with an injury and one for academic suspension) and did not have a single carry in the first half. With Tennessee clinging to a 15-10 lead with about 12 minutes left in the fourth quarter, Howard entered and set an NCAA record with 16 consecutive running plays. UT would end up winning 22-10.

1700089492917.png

I don't even know what standing on business means.
Apparently it's a joke on TikTok that derides people (like Drinkwitz) who think it trendy and "tough" to speak in faux gangster sayings, but then turn and run away as soon as they utter such a thing. It would be hard for one of us to script a more ridiculous "self-own" for Drinkwitz. 😂

#45,789, #45,803.

If my memory is right. Banks hire was based off of color. Seems like thats what the players wanted and that was the reason it took so long to find a DC? I know this was posted on VN back in during the search. I think Heup tried to get the coach from Ohio St. and another coach who all 3 were black. I may be wrong but it seems like that what was being mentioned. Banks was never going to be a good DC and he never will be at this level
giphy (6) (24).gif

This is stupid.

They signed up knowing the rules the member schools of D1 football had previously agreed upon. You don't just join the big leagues and dictate rule changes.

Granted, yes the rule being there itself is maybe stupid. I've heard both sides of arguments...idk...but I'd side with stupid rule built by the incumbent schools to ensure a tougher barrier-to-entry by lower level programs.

But these folks sadly have no room to complain at this point. That's adult life.

Reactions: Vawlz and SmokinBob

VN Store

Back