Bye bye Butch - Purdue bound (message board rumor)

Are the players happy with Butch staying? I hope so. Can't afford much more attrition.

Great, do we want a head coach for next season that has been looking around and doesn't want to be here? 2017 should be interesting....

Granted this is a troll thread but still what else is supposed to be discussed on the football forum of VolNation.com besides the state of the football team and it's coaching staff? Nobody is calling this a life changing ordeal but this is relevant to this forum.

Oh I agree 100%. But 20 years from now, I am more likely (players too) to remember the trip the team took to Chattanooga after that horrific accident or Dobbs showing up to Gatlinburg to show his support for the firefighters and community there as opposed to the loss to Vandy or the constant belittling of a coach that 85% of VN and players still support. That may just be me trying to be the eternal optimist but a little perspective will not hurt anyone on this forum.

Reactions: 2 people
<blue font>

my dad's very close friend with a powerful tenn tech booster and he shared this message he had with him. I hope this works out for us.

:crossfingers:

47458-albums674-picture5743.jpg

47458-albums674-picture5741.jpg

47458-albums674-picture5742.jpg

<blue font>

#buffoonery

lol

Reactions: 1 person
there is only one Saban. and he is not coming to Tennessee...

No one in college football runs their program like Alabama and we don't have close to enough funding to even try it..

Tennessee has more than enough money to hire whomever they damn well please.

Reactions: 7 people
Tennessee has more than enough money to hire whomever they damn well please.

A common misconception. There may be potential resources....but it requires a good athletic director to get all those resources on the same page. It all comes with ego as big as the donation.

Reactions: 7 people
A common misconception. There may be potential resources....but it requires a good athletic director to get all those resources on the same page. It all comes with ego as big as the donation.

Attendance 100,000 x $90 = $9,000,000 + concessions? + TV money = Well over what you will pay a coach's full contract.

I know these figures are rough and you have to take into account stadium labor, up keep etc etc. but, don't tell me they don't have the money. It's like when my business says they are losing money. They aren't, they are just not making as much money as they expected to make.

You can bet when they aren't filling all 100,000 seats next year for home games, they will come up with the money for a coach's salary.

According to Forbes:

Tennessee Football was valued at 121 million in 2015. That is a huge chunk of cheese in anybody's mouse trap.:crazy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Attendance 100,000 x $90 = $9,000,000 + concessions? + TV money = Well over what you will pay a coach's full contract.

I know these figures are rough and you have to take into account stadium labor, up keep etc etc. but, don't tell me they don't have the money. It's like when my business says they are losing money. They aren't, they are just not making as much money as they expected to make.

You can bet when they aren't filling all 100,000 seats next year for home games, they will come up with the money for a coach's salary.

You do realize that the revenue from football funds most of the other sports at UT, don't you? Would you suggest they fire the coaches from the sports that are not self supporting and take away the scholarships from those students?

You do realize that the revenue from football funds most of the other sports at UT, don't you? Would you suggest they fire the coaches from the sports that are not self supporting and take away the scholarships from those students?

You do realize that Tennessee Football was valued at 121 million in 2015 by Forbes....That is #3 in FBS

#1 Texas @ 152 million
#2 Notre Dame @ 127 million
#3 Tennessee @ 121 million

...Just a side note, the high and mighty Bama was valued at 97 million.

IF the Mods say it's OK to link the article I will.

Tennessee is not going to get rid of coaches or scholarships because of money.....that is naive.

UT is a business. They are in "business" to make money and as they say..."business is a booming":clapping:

Forbes Welcome

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
I normally dont get too tied up in public comments by coaches but some of Jones recent ones with the late slide has raised some eyebrows. I don't think he was prepared or just don't want to deal with the backlash and questioning that comes with a job like this one. Some people can't deal that like others can.

Insecurity...the bristling at criticism and need to micromanage smell of it.

You do realize that Tennessee Football was valued at 121 million in 2015 by Forbes....That is #3 in FBS

#1 Texas @ 152 million

Tennessee is not going to get rid of coaches or scholarships because of money.....that is naive.

UT is a business. They are in "business" to make money and as they say..."business is a booming":clapping:

Link it, or trump will grab you ;)

You do realize that Tennessee Football was valued at 121 million in 2015 by Forbes....That is #4 in FBS

#1 Texas @ 152 million

It doesn't matter how much Football is valued. Those dollars are not just used to support football only. At the end of the day the debits and credits must balance across all sports.

VN Store

Back