Bye bye Butch - Purdue bound (message board rumor)

There is no doubt that the football program generates "profits" but those profits support other programs besides football. The article was specific to what football generated and how that equated to the value of football to the university. The article was not implying that those schools had that money available - because they don't.

So to use more for football = spend less for other sports at UT.

You are a very illogical person who doesn't know how to look at the facts in front of you and draw a realistic conclusion....I can not converse with people like you because you are irrational....live in your house of delusion if you must....blocked.

Last edited:
Quote from article explains why Bama football is so successful.

And when it comes to spending what you make, there’s no better example than Alabama (No. 8, $99 million). With $97 million in revenue the team is second only to Texas. But the Crimson Tide also spent $51 million of that on football operations. That’s $11 million more than any other team spent last year — Auburn, second on the spending list, dumped $40 million into football last season — and thus ranks the Tide 10th in profitability
Not counting a couple of multi Billionaires in Haslam and Ergen not to mention Peyton. Where does the money go because Tennessee is in the middle in sec football coaches salaries?

Well if you had read the article you would see that 74% of that was profit.....SO,

.74 x 121000000 = 89 million

Honestly....

...before you spout off about something you don't know about try educating yourself....

P.S. I saw your "atom wrangler". By chance are you a nuke or previous nuke?

If you would have paid attention to the article you would see that only one team generates revenue over 100M annually.

There are other factors that go into the valuation such as value generated for local economies.

It's not as simple as you laid out above.

Reactions: 2 people
You are a very illogical person who doesn't know how to look at the facts in front of you and draw a realistic conclusion....I can not converse with people like you because you are irrational....live in your house of delusion if you must....blocked.

He's logical. And correct.

You can probably find the annual balance sheet of the athletic department and see for yourself.

Reactions: 1 person
No ****ing way to reason with this ****. Hiding behind a keyboard talking **** like you know what the **** is going on is *cowardly*,*selfish*,*childish* and above all that ****ing **redneck** as ****. LMAO the Detroit in me coming out.

But I'm hiding behind a keyboard?

Gain some perspective.
Or at a minimum an ability to see how bad your carpet bagging hero is at coaching.

Reactions: 4 people
If you would have paid attention to the article you would see that only one team generates revenue over 100M annually.

There are other factors that go into the valuation such as value generated for local economies.

It's not as simple as you laid out above.

Plus, there is this little detail called Title IX. Football is by the the largest revenue generating sports, followed well behind by the two basketball programs. Football carries the freight on all of those other non-generating sports for both men and women.

Like most places, the bulk of that money is already spoken for. That is why our reserve is so slowly recovering.

What a joke. Did you take your ball when you went home?

Reactions: 1 person
there is only one Saban. and he is not coming to Tennessee...

No one in college football runs their program like Alabama and we don't have close to enough funding to even try it..

Not to be disagreeable but in 2015 AL and TN had almost the exact revenue from football, $98M (TN) vs $97M (AL). TN was the second most profitable football program, behind Texas at $70M meaning we spend about $28M on football. Meanwhile, AL comes in at #10 on the list at $48M profit meaning they spend roughly 50% of their revenue on their program. What is happening to the money we don't spend on football? I realize we support other non-revenue sports but Bama does too. Our basketball while isn't great is still more successful than Bama's on both the men's and women's side. The money is there, it's in how you spend it.

Bama wants a championship level program, we seem to be happy with what we have. It really makes sense if you think about it in the regards to a business model. Why spend all that money when you don't have to? Almost identical revenues with spending half to achieve it.

Reactions: 3 people
Not to be disagreeable but in 2015 AL and TN had almost the exact revenue from football, $98M (TN) vs $97M (AL). TN was the second most profitable football program, behind Texas at $70M meaning we spend about $28M on football. Meanwhile, AL comes in at #10 on the list at $48M profit meaning they spend roughly 50% of their revenue on their program. What is happening to the money we don't spend on football? I realize we support other non-revenue sports but Bama does too. Our basketball while isn't great is still more successful than Bama's on both the men's and women's side. The money is there, it's in how you spend it.

Bama wants a championship level program, we seem to be happy with what we have. It really makes sense if you think about it in the regards to a business model. Why spend all that money when you don't have to? Almost identical revenues with spending half to achieve it.

Could be that there is a large disparity in player salaries..

<BLUE FONT>

My dad's very close friend with a powerful Tenn Tech booster and he shared this message he had with him. i hope this works out for us.

:crossfingers:

47458-albums674-picture5743.jpg

47458-albums674-picture5741.jpg

47458-albums674-picture5742.jpg

<BLUE FONT>

#buffoonery

SOOOONNNN!!!! lol!:eek:lol::eek:lol:

You would think for someone to go to this length to start a rumor that they would learn to spell Purdue.

Yeah, and maybe not use a tablet labeled "Dads Ipad".

The way it's all worded sounds like a 12 year old came up with this, lol!!

Well if you had read the article you would see that 74% of that was profit.....SO,

.74 x 121000000 = 89 million

Honestly....

...before you spout off about something you don't know about try educating yourself....

P.S. I saw your "atom wrangler". By chance are you a nuke or previous nuke?

Easy, man. I read the numbers. We apparently interpret the numbers quite differently and I'll leave it at that. Several others have pointed out the differences.

Depends what you mean by nuke. That's the field I work in (non-medical, non-military).

VN Store

Back