Bye bye Butch - Purdue bound (message board rumor)

I'm just not as confident of that as you are. I believe we would have a very chaotic situation if he suddenly left.

Most likely, it would be to appoint someone interim coach (I've heard Gillespie or Stripling) until AD hired to do coaching search. This was speculation not a plan.

Honestly, if it comes to that, I'm warming up to the idea of Shoop running the show ala Ogre. He's a smart man and not nearly as bad a DC as many seem to believe. I think we've yet to see what he can really do with his assistants and a full deck to play with.

Reactions: 2 people
He is not going anywhere. They have checked around and there is not any interest out there in hiring him. He will be here

Heard anything on potential staff changes? Was hoping Debord would retire but that is the least of our problems. Please tell me S&C will be addressed and that we change OLine Coaching and most importantly our Secondary coaching. Martinez has got to go. Let Shoop bring his own guys in. And we really need a real QB Coach that is solely responsible for developing our QB's.

LWS and 34 bringing some much needed, clear headed thought to the issue. It is much appreciated.

Reactions: 4 people
I'm just not as confident of that as you are. I believe we would have a very chaotic situation if he suddenly left.

Most likely, it would be to appoint someone interim coach (I've heard Gillespie or Stripling) until AD hired to do coaching search. This was speculation not a plan.

And thats fine. All either of us can say is what we currently know.
We obviously have heard some similar info that appears to be true regarding the first part.

And the rest of what I heard could change but its coming from someone that is very confident the next AD is waiting for a rubber stamp. And would have input even beforehand if a chaotic situation happened and Jones actually found someone that would take him.

This time frame is terrible, UT can't hire a coach because it doesn't have a AD, recruiting will not get better with all other coaches pointing out the obvious Butch situation. How much will it cost in the long term by having a lame duck for another year, UT will not be more attractive after next year. Total cluster!
You don't think they can hire a coach without an ad I disagree. The boosters run the program.

TLDR version:

1) Butch isn't very happy here

2) Some people aren't very happy with Butch

3) No one wants to hire Butch

4) We have no AD so he can't be let go regardless

Yep, sounds like Tennessee

Reactions: 8 people
A lot of head coaches put feelers out to see where they stand.

Correct and I am sure CBJ would not make a downward move. IMO the only move he might consider is if WVU came open. You cannot blame him for allowing his agent to test the waters.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I don't disagree but push comes to shove no one can say anything different.

I normally dont get too tied up in public comments by coaches but some of Jones recent ones with the late slide has raised some eyebrows. I don't think he was prepared or just don't want to deal with the backlash and questioning that comes with a job like this one. Some people can't deal that like others can.

<BLUE FONT>

My dad's very close friend with a powerful Tenn Tech booster and he shared this message he had with him. i hope this works out for us.

:crossfingers:

47458-albums674-picture5743.jpg

47458-albums674-picture5741.jpg

47458-albums674-picture5742.jpg

<BLUE FONT>

#buffoonery

Sounds like even the midlevel or bottom feeders have more intelligent AD's than we have had. Thank god that change is coming.

He is not going to leave here for mid level or below. If any thing he was probably looking for lateral or upward move. Just not many available.

I don't know ....maybe some of these rumor mill generators were rejected at prom or something.

BUTCH is our guy 19 starters missing 2 games or more was our issue! Turning the ball over was the teams issue not Butch!

in Butch we trust son:lolabove:

LWS and VFL34 have both said he's here, can these threads stop now?

Agree.We might as well just accept we have him for atleast another year. I'm as sick as anyone about losing to Vanderbilt but come on. We know he's coming back we know that Shoop and Debord are back(unless Debord retires). People need to stop wishing for something to happen that more than likely will be a devastating blow to the program months from now. LWS and and VFL34 know more than any of us obviously because nothing has happened. It's better for us to hope we right the ship in 2017 at this point. If we fail miserably in 2017 we will be shopping. I'd rather be shopping next year than right now with pool of people to choose from.

VN Store

Back