Bye bye Butch - Purdue bound (message board rumor)

And some of you thought the new chancellor was going to be someone else - but it wasn't.

Unless you know who all has or is applying for the AD job and are sure whomever you think it is will interview better than the other candidates - you don't know. Rubber stamps don't always happen and they tend not to happen more often when the one in control was not hired from within.

What if a better AD candidate applies than the one you think will get it? Does UT look the other way? No. Time is needed to make a good hire otherwise we'll have a Dooley for AD.

Also contributing to this is the fact that Dave Hart has pretty much checked out - there is no one to even stop this swirl with any type of comments whether those be good or bad because he can't say something is true or not true as that will no longer be his decision at some point.

Some of you keep fanning the flames without regard to how bad this situation could become just because of all this stupidity.

You quoted my post some I'm going to take that as it's directed at me.

First off, get over yourself. This situation is not gonna get better or worse due to anything you or I post. Nobody cares what you think including me and nobody really cares what I think.

About the only thing we agree on is that Hart is irrelevant to this situation. So there's that I suppose.

Reactions: 4 people
I seriously think this is more around the unknown with the AD. One can take the bad with the job if you know that your boss has your back.

Feel free to believe that. I will believe that Jones is thin skinned and is in over his head now that expectations have exceeded just making a bowl.

Reactions: 1 person
My guess would be yes.. especially if it's known he has been out job searching. Not the guy you want running our football program any longer than he absolutely has to.

How can you be successful with recruiting moving forward when recruits know you've been out job shopping and thay you're probably going to leave in a year anyway? How could any recruit take you seriously? That's gotta be a concern no?

Correct if Wrong, but couldn't Invisa-Butch end this speculation pretty quickly if he wanted to? Just saying. :blink:

I remember last year he came out and said he didn't want to be anywhere else (during the Michigan rumor stuff) and folks still kept on speculating.

Exactly..not to mention whoever we hire as the new AD deserves the chance to make that hire.We would be very limited on who would take the job not knowing who his boss is. It's unfortunate we gotta do this another year but it's better than the alternative and making another horrible hire. Not sure I could take yet another bad or mediocre hire. We have had more than any one university deserves to have in a 10 yr span.Too important of a hire because it has to be done right this time and get the right guy in. No more of this taking a shot with a HC that has never won anywhere outside of a mid major or middle of the road power 5 team that had one good year with a senior dominated team..Like McIntyre at Colo for example.

Whoever we hire deserves to do what he is hired to do. If that is to hire a new coach or work with existing coaches. I guarantee a big name coach finds having a say in the new AD as a selling point.

Best case scenario, fire Butch yesterday and put together a coach search committee headed by Fulmer, Peyton, and Charles Davis.

Pathetic if not true.

Ban worthy as well.

On a side note I bet the fans will be extremely upset at our next coach within 4 games. They don't understand that the fans are the reason no one is fired up to come here.

A ban? Get a spine and a life.

You really support jones' pathetic attempts at coaching?

You and fans like you are the reason Tennessee is stuck with this lying, cowardly, self-serving ****heel of a "coach".

Well I know for a fact the he was in Jackson today visiting Trey Smith and his family... Still recruiting hard

Attachments

• received_10207630772508355.jpg
    received_10207630772508355.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: 6 people
Say what you will but I really really hope Butch finds a way to let shoop do his thing and gets his O in check and sees success next year and starts a new upward trajectory. I love his passion and what he has done for UT football, now let's hope he does some self evaluation and puts it all together. Other than breaking in a new qb we return a good amount of talent next year

Reactions: 3 people
Say what you will but I really really hope Butch finds a way to let shoop do his thing and gets his O in check and sees success next year and starts a new upward trajectory. I love his passion and what he has done for UT football, now let's hope he does some self evaluation and puts it all together. Other than breaking in a new qb we return a good amount of talent next year

I really hope he does whatever his little heart desires, somewhere other than here. He's a loser.

How can you be successful with recruiting moving forward when recruits know you've been out job shopping and thay you're probably going to leave in a year anyway? How could any recruit take you seriously? That's gotta be a concern no?

Jimbo Fisher was out job shopping with LSU. McElwain is being linked to Oregon, even though he is denying it. Does it have an impact - probably - but at the end of the day there is no guarantee that any coach is going to be at any school for the 4 to 5 years a player is there.

FWIW, I agree with you. We just need to fix the defense.

I am not a big lyle fan at all. I would like him to step up and tell all of us what he is doing. As much as we pay him I think fans deserve to know more than vicious rumors. With his arrogance and thin skinned as well as bull headed attitude it wont happen though. Just my lack of insider opinion!!!

It does but you're paying per pound generally so you're paying for a negligible higher percentage chicken but its less prep work you have to do. This by the way is about as useful as that UTC screenshot is.

Wait, what kind of breasts are you talking about?

<BLUE FONT>

My dad's very close friend with a powerful Tenn Tech booster and he shared this message he had with him. i hope this works out for us.

:crossfingers:

47458-albums674-picture5743.jpg

47458-albums674-picture5741.jpg

47458-albums674-picture5742.jpg

<BLUE FONT>

#buffoonery

What is the purpose of this?

Heard from a reliable source, CBJ has informed some recruits and players and members of the university he is moving on to Purdue. Wait till all the coach speak rips this fanbase to shreds. We are finished .

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Why does this remind me of that time a sewer line ruptured in Vonore? Or was it Lenoir City?

That happens any place where you have super successful coaches. You think Battle or Saban has more say?

there is only one Saban. and he is not coming to Tennessee...

No one in college football runs their program like Alabama and we don't have close to enough funding to even try it..

VN Store

Back