'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which begs the question, did they have SEC offensive players?

Because comparing apples to apples actually does make sense. They took MAC talent and beat most MAC teams. They took Big East talent and beat most Big East teams. So, extrapolating, don’t you think they have a track record of taking the talent level they have to work with and beating other teams with that same talent level?

Great post .

Per Rivals and Malone- Richt and Jones will be in on Tuesday.

Also Vols will be there Friday, Sunday, and Monday (yes this is real).

Dabo will be in next Monday.

FULL COURT PRESS BY VOLS

I'm gonna ask a stupid question. I'm not familiar with what the term "full court press" means when it concerns recruiting. This is really the first year I have followed recruiting very heavily. I appreciate any insight!

I'm gonna ask a stupid question. I'm not familiar with what the term "full court press" means when it concerns recruiting. This is really the first year I have followed recruiting very heavily. I appreciate any insight!

Throwing everything, including the kitchen sink, at a recruit.

Read this elsewhere (one of you RIVALS) re Mark Richt on Malone -

"I think the guy's a dynamic player. I really do. I think he's a guy who could come in as a freshman and make a difference, especially if he comes in as a mid-year which I think is his plan for wherever he goes," Richt said. "I think the guy with the knowledge he would gain in the spring and the summer, to have a guy like Chris Conley to mentor him, he could take advantage of his skill set which I think is outstanding. He's got great speed, great height, goes to the ball well. He's a very sharp kid with a great family. We'd love to have him."

The Gallatin (Tenn.) Station Camp performer is scheduled to announce his decision Dec. 4.

Richt and wide receivers coach Tony Ball were both scheduled to make an in-home visit to see Malone today (Tuesday), but due to poor travel conditions that trip has been postponed.

However, Richt told UGASports that he plans to meet with the 6-foot-3, 195-pounder before his decision date.

"I think the guy's a dynamic player. I really do. I think he's a guy who could come in as a freshman and make a difference, especially if he comes in as a mid-year which I think is his plan for wherever he goes," Richt said. "I think the guy with the knowledge he would gain in the spring and the summer, to have a guy like Chris Conley to mentor him, he could take advantage of his skill set which I think is outstanding. He's got great speed, great height, goes to the ball well. He's a very sharp kid with a great family. We'd love to have him."

The Gallatin (Tenn.) Station Camp performer is scheduled to announce his decision Dec. 4.

Richt and wide receivers coach Tony Ball were both scheduled to make an in-home visit to see Malone today (Tuesday), but due to poor travel conditions that trip has been postponed.

However, Richt told UGASports that he plans to meet with the 6-foot-3, 195-pounder before his decision date.

888258442c8508fbdfee817483941735dbf6dd3_r.gif

Reactions: 1 person

Isn't commenting publicly about a recruit a rules violation? Malone hasn't signed a letter of intent yet, and he's still being recruited by other schools.

Isn't commenting publicly about a recruit a rules violation? Malone hasn't signed a letter of intent yet, and he's still being recruited by other schools.

He signed a financial aid agreement with UT, UGA, and FSU. Public statements and other contact are allowed under the new rules.

Malone has signed a financial aid agreement with UGA, FSU, and UT. Thise schools have unlimited contact with him and can mention him by name.

Riley is still the QB of the future IMO. This spring will be very interesting. It's going to be a wide open battle between all three QB's. I like Dobbs and he definitely has skills and potential but from what you hear from people close to the staff who are around the program a lot it sure seems like they feel Riley has by far the most talent and ability.

Well, Dobbs will have game time and starting experience, which is very good. More than RF has at this point. That doesn't mean that I think Dobbs will start over RF and JW next year, but it's always a big plus to have. We can let Butch and the coaching staff sort that out.

gotcha. Wasn't aware of that rule. Surprised I haven't heard Butch let the world know the passing game will be wide open next year and Peyton coming in to throw in the summer helps along with having Carl Pickens around could be beneficial and they guarantee 10 targets per game. Bid up to 20 if necessary.

gotcha. Wasn't aware of that rule. Surprised I haven't heard Butch let the world know the passing game will be wide open next year and Peyton coming in to throw in the summer helps along with having Carl Pickens around could be beneficial and they guarantee 10 targets per game. Bid up to 20 if necessary.

We'll buy him a car of his choosing too!

Your move, Richt.

Richt did indeed say it:

UGA's Mark Richt makes recruiting history (UPDATED) | College Recruiting Blog | www.ajc.com

Malone isn't a member of either team yet; how is it okay for either coach to talk about him? These phony fin-aid "agreements" are opening up an ugly new can of worms...

I posted earlier today the NCAA has to stop this.

Being able to sign with multiple schools has to be stopped and allowing coaches to use the media to recruit a specific kid by name does as well.

I doubt the NCAA considered this when adopting these new rules

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back