'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only words I want to hear from CBJ are coming on Dec 4. "Today we added another huge brick to our foundation."

Figuratively speaking, though, right?... after watching 25 in game action this year, i'm reluctant, ya know. :banghead2:

:thumbsup:

Any of the posters on here that are close to Malone hear anything about the in-home visit with CBJ last night?

Did they put up those numbers against SEC defenses? Doesn't work quite the same in the big leagues.

What are you talking about? Urban Meyer's job before Florida was Utah, Nick Saban's was at Mich St and freakin Toledo before he won a natty at LSU and now 3-4 more at Bama. You either can coach or you can't.... it translates.

Reactions: 7 people
Which begs the question, did they have SEC offensive players?

Because comparing apples to apples actually does make sense. They took MAC talent and beat most MAC teams. They took Big East talent and beat most Big East teams. So, extrapolating, don’t you think they have a track record of taking the talent level they have to work with and beating other teams with that same talent level?

This is the truth. This whole mythical idea that "this is the SEC and stuff that works everywhere else don't work here" is crap. Too many examples otherwise... Spurrier came from Duke to Fla, Meyer from Bowling Green/Utah, Saban from Toledo/Mich St, Les Miles..... you get the picture.

If you can coach at lower conferences with success you can do it in the SEC, once you have the SEC athletes to compete with the other SEC athletes they're playing against.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
This is the truth. This whole mythical idea that "this is the SEC and stuff that works everywhere else don't work here" is crap. Too many examples otherwise... Spurrier came from Duke to Fla, Meyer from Bowling Green/Utah, Saban from Toledo/Mich St, Les Miles..... you get the picture.

If you can coach at lower conferences with success you can do it in the SEC, once you have the SEC athletes to compete with the other athletes they're playing against.

Thiiiis.

Richt canceling because of weather is historical. He was acting as if we were supposed to get a blizzard here in middle Tennessee. I am making basically that same drive today and not batting and eyelash.

The bottom line is that Richt likely did not believe that the trip was worth it.

If you can coach at lower conferences with success you can do it in the SEC, once you have the SEC athletes to compete with the other SEC athletes they're playing against.

That's just not true. Just because it's worked out for some coaches doesn't mean it will always work out. There are plenty of counterexamples out there. There are plenty of reasons to doubt that Butch can translate his success to the SEC. He never had to coach against Saban at Cincinatti. He never had to win games with less talented teams. His leash is shorter in the SEC where every win is worth more dollars, so there is pressure to turn it around quickly. Next year, for example, we project to probably not have a better roster (except maybe in the depth) but this place will go ape**** if we only win 5 games.

Richt canceling because of weather is historical. He was acting as if we were supposed to get a blizzard here in middle Tennessee. I am making basically that same drive today and not batting and eyelash.

The bottom line is that Richt likely did not believe that the trip was worth it.

I agree. I think that's why he talked about Josh to the media too, nothing to lose.

I think he wanted to come closer to the time of the announcement. Weather was certainly an excuse

or he was wanting to get the last in-home. Let UT and CU come in first then he goes all Joel Osteen on the family.

Reactions: 1 person
or he was wanting to get the last in-home. Let UT and CU come in first then he goes all Joel Osteen on the family.

Agreed but I also agree with Ron that the media thing very well could have been a desperation attempt because he knows they are a huge longshot

I don't believe that is a concern, as he has signed a financial aid agreement with Georgia, which allows him unlimited coaches visits within family tastes.

Reactions: 1 person
Our Rivals guys are saying it's a 2 team race b/w Clemson and Tenn. "Things look favorable for Clemson if the decision was made today."

They're usually very upfront with where Clemson stands and don't make homer-type of predictions just to sell subscriptions.

Problem for Clemson is that the decision isn't being made today, and Tenn will be in there 4 times to Dabo's 1. I'm sticking with my Tenn prediction here, but as I've stated for a while, Clemson has always felt like they were a player here, and now so more than ever. I give it 55% Tenn, 40% Clemson, 5% UGA.

Just my opinion, take it fwiw.

I don't believe that is a concern, as he has signed a financial aid agreement with Georgia, which allows him unlimited coaches visits within family tastes.

I think its been said Georgia is only coming once. That's why coming closer the announcement date is more important to them IMO

Our Rivals guys are saying it's a 2 team race b/w Clemson and Tenn. "Things look favorable for Clemson if the decision was made today."

They're usually very upfront with where Clemson stands and don't make homer-type of predictions just to sell subscriptions.

Problem for Clemson is that the decision isn't being made today, and Tenn will be in there 4 times to Dabo's 1. I'm sticking with my Tenn prediction here, but as I've stated for a while, Clemson has always felt like they were a player here, and now so more than ever. I give it 55% Tenn, 40% Clemson, 5% UGA.

Just my opinion, take it fwiw.

It is hard to say Clemson is favored, IMO, he signed the FAA's with Tennessee and UGA. From what I have gathered from various sites that were Tennessee and neutral analysts as well, the percentages have looked like this. UT- 55%, UGA- 35%, FSU- 6%, Clem- 4%...

Just what I have gathered. But these are kids and their decisions are hard to predict.

Last edited:
Giggle at you guys putting percentages on a kids college choice. Is that the percentage of his brain or...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back