'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I say that? No. Only that Jones philosophy is to throw the ball ( A LOT!)....He understandably doesn't trust our QB's but it will not always be that way. A stud WR should not have concerns about getting the ball once Jones gets his people in here.
Fair enough. My bad.

Guys just check the numbers that LeFevour and Collaros put up please....Collaros wasn't even that good and he threw for 2,900 yards and 26 TD's in 2010 which lead the Big East. I know that our passing game was a joke this year but the play calling is only a reflection of our lack of experience and talent at QB and clearly not the Jones philosophy at all. He wants to throw the ball and that is what he is selling to Malone.

Did they put up those numbers against SEC defenses? Doesn't work quite the same in the big leagues.

Reactions: 1 person
Did they put up those numbers against SEC defenses? Doesn't work quite the same in the big leagues.

Well, actually Collaros did light up Vandy in the Liberty Bowl in 2011...but once again my point was to show that Jones philosophy is to feature an aggressive passing attack when he trusts his QB not to turn the ball over.

My point was that the MAC and Big East have put out NFL hall of fame QBs. Neither Lefevour or Collares could sniff the jock strap of an NFL QB. Therefor IMO the system they played in must have had something to do with their numbers in college. LeFevour's national records were broken by Case Keenum in a week conference at Houston. Wasn't the same said about Sumlin....his system won't work blah blah blah.

I don't think the QB play we've had has given us a very good measurement of what this system can do. It's worked everywhere they've been.

Reactions: 2 people

Which begs the question, did they have SEC offensive players?

Because comparing apples to apples actually does make sense. They took MAC talent and beat most MAC teams. They took Big East talent and beat most Big East teams. So, extrapolating, don’t you think they have a track record of taking the talent level they have to work with and beating other teams with that same talent level?

Reactions: 11 people

Because comparing apples to apples actually does make sense. They took MAC talent and beat most MAC teams. They took Big East talent and beat most Big East teams. So, extrapolating, don’t you think they have a track record of taking the talent level they have to work with and beating other teams with that same talent level?

Thank you! He won with equal talent, therefore he is a coach.

Reactions: 4 people
Let's stop pretending the Big East and MAC are comparable to the SEC.

The system is what matters. If you have a successful system and can then recruit talented enough players to play in the SEC, then it doesn't matter that he used coach in the MAC and/or the Big East. Just ask Saban (Toledo and Mich St) and Urban Meyer (Bowling Green and Utah).

I read today that he committed to Georgia.

bth_funny-gif-angry-cat-bed-soon_zpscb85429f.gif

Reactions: 7 people

If you use a word like "extrapolate" with people who make declarations like "it won't work in the SEC" you are wasting your time. They are the same people who scream "fire the coach" in his first year or who always love the backup QB. Extrapolation and context mean nothing to these people with a one track mind.

Not according to VQ and Clemson Rivals. UGA and Clemson are just getting the 1 in home visit with the head coach and UT is getting in home visits from Butch today and assistant coaches this Friday, Sunday and Monday.

Nice. Thought I read where Clemson was getting multiples. Glad to be wrong again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back