'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Just finished talking with Josh. He is excited about getting to campus in January and learning the offense. He wants to make an immediate impact and is eager to get with the coaching staff to work on his game so he can do that."

-Kevin Ryan

Reactions: 7 people
Can someone give me a complete roster for the UA game? I've searched and I've only found ones that are uncompleted. I know because they don't list Josh on either of the rosters.

Reactions: 1 person
“I’m excited just to get up there so I can get around the guys and start lifting and getting better, and start getting into the offense and really start competing,” said Malone, who committed to Tennessee on Dec. 4, choosing the Vols over Clemson and Georgia.

“Right now, I’m focusing on, really, just being more physical coming off the line, because it’s the SEC,” he said. “There’s going to be big corners, so I’m going to have to be able to get off of that. I’ve been working on that for about the past three weeks, so I feel like that’s improved.

“Obviously, Tennessee’s program is not in the best state it used to be,” Malone said. “But I feel like our class has the mindset to put it where it used to be, or even better, and win a championship — or at least get it back to a championship-competing level, where it’s year in and year out competing for a championship.”

Reactions: 8 people
Josh Malone - for some reason they have not looked for Malone a lot today. He made a few nice moves after catching a WR screen early in the day, but didn't catch another ball until he grabbed a tipped pass late in the second session and went to the house.

Helmholdt

I bet Josh is so relieved to have his verbal pledge out of the way and shut down his recruitment.

An whoever the QB is not looking Malone's way.. Well... He's a doof.

Army Bowl: Monday East Top 11

"2- Josh Malone, WR, Gallatin (Tenn.) Station Camp

Malone, who is committed to Tennessee, was a notch above the other East receivers. Given his size, speed and hands combination, Vols fans have to be excited over seeing Malone pair with this year’s tall, freshman receiver Marquez North starting this spring. The 6-foot-2, 191-pound Malone is such a physically-gifted player, provided he picks up the offensive system quickly, he could see plenty of snaps in 2014 in the Southeastern Conference for Tennessee."

Reactions: 20 people
Army Bowl: Monday East Top 11

"2- Josh Malone, WR, Gallatin (Tenn.) Station Camp

Malone, who is committed to Tennessee, was a notch above the other East receivers. Given his size, speed and hands combination, Vols fans have to be excited over seeing Malone pair with this year’s tall, freshman receiver Marquez North starting this spring. The 6-foot-2, 191-pound Malone is such a physically-gifted player, provided he picks up the offensive system quickly, he could see plenty of snaps in 2014 in the Southeastern Conference for Tennessee."

yesitis2.gif

Army: East morning best by position

WR – Josh Malone, Gallatin (Tenn.) Station Camp – Tennessee commit

No single wide receiver really separated during the morning session because of limited opportunity but Malone was probably the biggest eye-catcher. His size provides mismatch ability and he can also stretch the field with his speed. His most impressive play came when Jacob Park threw a jump ball to him down the field and he just outmuscled Chris Lammons to come down with it.

Reactions: 7 people
I was standing about 15 feet away in the EZ when JM climbed the ladder against a Gallatin defender earlier this year. His head was about even with the crossbar when he made the td catch. I am sold

"Jacob Park throws a backside fade to Josh Malone who was well covered by Chris Lammons but Park just gave him a jump ball and Malone out-muscles Lammons for it."

-Barton Simmons

Reactions: 3 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back