'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically Manning could have been a top 5 pick after his JR year because he couldn't make NFL throws? Lol, sounds legit.

And your basing Bray's ability off of arm strength alone and completely dismissing his lack of mechanics....which in turn plagued him regularly when making the throws you speak of. Regularly his balls would sail or completely miss the mark because of his footwork. When the pressure was in Bray's face , his mechanics went to s***. Manning is one of the best QBs ever. To even insinuate Bray was better than Manning is laughable at best. You should insert a bar of soap in your mouth.

Manning never had a great arm-ever. He had a mid-level arm. However, as everyone knows, he has pin point accuracy and understands the game at a level that no other QB in the history of the game has ever possessed.

Bray on the other hand has a gift lightning bolt on his right shoulder. What he got as a gift from God on his arm, came at a cost of his mentality and brain.

Reactions: 1 person
This is an amazing lineup

Pearson & North on the outside, with Pig Howard in Slot.

Josh Malone in our 4 WR packages.

Wow.

That's a good point. That being said, even with solid TE play last year and the year before, the O-line consistently struggled to get any push off the line of scrimmage or open up any holes, even against lesser opponents. I know Neal isn't Adrian Peterson, but it's tough to do much of anything when you're fighting for YAC immediately after getting the handoff almost every play. Outside of pass protection for Bray (who was very good at getting rid of the ball quickly btw) I never understood the praise for an O-line who consistently was part of some of the worst running attacks in UT history.

Can't argue with you there. For being a very hyped up unit they were a disappointment.

And I agree that is with the Oline being considerably overhyped heading into the season. With all that said there is no doubt the TE play made the Oline look worse than it probably was in the run game. The TE had to have graded out at less than 10% this year on run blocking assignments. I've never seen a guy at that position get brutalized so badly week after week after week.

I agree with the TE being a huge liability. Also, there was absolutely no threat of the QB keeping the ball until the last few games with Dobbs. That, and the fact that our passing game does not strike much fear, our line is getting a pretty good push with what they are facing each week. I dont think they have played as bad as some people on here do...JMO

One of Manning's first throws, and it may have been his first, was a deep out route thrown across the field with NFL type velocity.

I didn't log on here today expecting to defend Peyton Manning but your are exactly right. That was Manning's first TD pass as a freshman to Kendrick Jones and it was a deep out against Mississippi State in 1994 for over 70 yards. I enjoy Tux's posts but that was a brain fart.

They sure will not be catching footballs in this offense unless Butch changes offensive philosophy

Coach Jones' offense relies on players who can catch the ball and an experienced QB who can deliver it. He's running the ball more now because of the senior line, senior RB, and a freshman QB/Wrs.

They sure will not be catching footballs in this offense unless Butch changes offensive philosophy

When Jones has a QB that he trusts he has a pass first attack. Dan LeFevour at Central Michigan threw for 3,400 yards and 28 TD's in 2009 and Zach Collaros (average at best player) put up big numbers in 2011. Maybe Ferguson is the answer or maybe that QB is further down the road but Jones puts the ball in the air when he trusts his QB.

Reactions: 2 people
Guys just check the numbers that LeFevour and Collaros put up please....Collaros wasn't even that good and he threw for 2,900 yards and 26 TD's in 2010 which lead the Big East. I know that our passing game was a joke this year but the play calling is only a reflection of our lack of experience and talent at QB and clearly not the Jones philosophy at all. He wants to throw the ball and that is what he is selling to Malone.

We better recruit a QB in this cycle or else we aren't going to have any backups left to put false hope upon.

Is there a QB worthy of an offer that we truly have a chance at getting? We don't need an average QB to take up roster space.

Guys just check the numbers that LeFevour and Collaros put up please....Collaros wasn't even that good and he threw for 2,900 yards and 26 TD's in 2010 which lead the Big East. I know that our passing game was a joke this year but the play calling is only a reflection of our lack of experience and talent at QB and clearly not the Jones philosophy at all. He wants to throw the ball and that is what he is selling to Malone.

Let's stop pretending the Big East and MAC are comparable to the SEC.

I think both true Freshman QB's will benefit greatly
by getting to go thru the Strength program and will
be tough to hold off next year.

My concern with Dobbs is his ball seems to flutter on the
deeper routes. Rucker was on TSR saying he thought
Ferguson has the best arm of the bunch.

But , I wouldn't write off Worley being better next year..
Don't forget short of Pig's unfortunate fumble , Worley leads
them to victories over both SC and GA.

Lefevour (sp) had the most total TDs in NCAA history when he left college. Case Keenum has since passed him. He was a very good QB at Central Michigan in their system.

I would like to thank everyone posting/debating about Bray/Manning for wasting my time as I sift through 10+ pages looking for Malone updates in the MALONE THREAD.

Let's stop pretending the Big East and MAC are comparable to the SEC.

Did I say that? No. Only that Jones philosophy is to throw the ball ( A LOT!)....He understandably doesn't trust our QB's but it will not always be that way. A stud WR should not have concerns about getting the ball once Jones gets his people in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back