'14 TN WR Josh Malone (UT commit 12/4/13)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how some are making all of the excuses for Dobbs and throw Worley under the bus. A big problem for both is the lack of playmakers to throw to. This is an excuse for Dobbs. Not for Worley. I believe Dobbs will be fine with more experience and with people who can get open and catch passes. So could Worley. Dobbs had some worm burners.
So did Worley. Now many are on the Ferguson band wagon, but I doubt he would fare any better than Dobbs and Worley at this time. Maybe next year things will improve. I hope so.

As easy as it is to always want the backup QB, you have to start to recognize that after 3 QB's this year, our offensive playcalling and gameplans aren't exactly anything to be excited about. Throw in our always disappointing offensive line play, no tight end on the field, and our best playmaker being hurt, and you've got a pretty putrid offense. But the offensive gameplanning has been really tough to watch the last month.

I think it's pretty obvious Dobbs has some ability, and we know the kid ain't dumb. Last week is on the coaches. Plain and simple.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope it means as much as you believe it does. All school in his final 3, or 4 can do what we are planning. It's just easier for the Vol coaches to do so. I would bet Clemson, and Georgia make multiple visits as well. I just hope the coaches can close the deal.

Not according to VQ and Clemson Rivals. UGA and Clemson are just getting the 1 in home visit with the head coach and UT is getting in home visits from Butch today and assistant coaches this Friday, Sunday and Monday.

Butch needs to take out a front page ad in the KNS entirely for Malone, with something along the lines of how dynamic of a duo North and Malone could be together.

The point was if during the entire course of Bell's recruitment, if Dooley had paid even scant attention to Bell, much less put on a "full court press", Bell would've been a Vol. Jones came in at the 11th hour and did everything he could to catch up and get back in the game with Vonn. No one can accurately say that UT "put on the full court press" with Bell during his recruitment and it didn't work.... it's just not true

Speaking of Bell, did he play this year? If so, how did he do? Is he as big a stud as people on the recruiting board thought he would be? I am not trying to be a smart alek, just truly don't know and would like to. Thanks for any info you can bring.

Originally Posted by Tux View Post
IPTAY - the reason that Klimmsin has always been able to recruit. Why else would anyone choose that little bitty school in the middle of nowhere to go to school?

Clemson is a GREAT place to be a college student. I finished school at UNCC and dated a girl from Clemson and we hardly ever spent time in Charlotte. As for football atmosphere it truly has an SEC feel to it on gameday. Beats the S*** out of USCe and several other SEC schools for football atmosphere. Just sayin'.

Edit: NO place matches Neyland though!!!!

Last edited:
You must not be aware of the acronym meaning…

I Pay Ten Athletes Yearly.

When I went to school there it was I Pay Ten $ A Year.

I understand what you were implying. I'm sure there's been some money exchanging hands over the years much like it does everywhere. Hell, Scooter McFaddgon and Jajuan Smith were driving Escalades during my undergrad days. I'm sure those we're payed for by them honestly.

Speaking of Bell, did he play this year? If so, how did he do? Is he as big a stud as people on the recruiting board thought he would be? I am not trying to be a smart alek, just truly don't know and would like to. Thanks for any info you can bring.

Played in 3 games and recorded only 4 tackles.

When I hear Bell's name all I can think about is Franklin and his coaching staff standing and cheering when he announced for Buckeyes.

Dobbs really needed to spend this year building strength. I see lots of potential there was but in perfect world he was a guy you wanted to be in strength program for 2 years then rolled him out there. Riley was the guy you wanted play as a freshman if you had to because he already had the arm strength

I don't know. I've looked for him a couple times when OSU has been on tv but haven't seen him on the field or heard him mentioned.

Dobbs really needed to spend this year building strength. I see lots of potential there was but in perfect world he was a guy you wanted to be in strength program for 2 years then rolled him out there. Riley was the guy you wanted play as a freshman if you had to because he already had the arm strength

Riley is still the QB of the future IMO. This spring will be very interesting. It's going to be a wide open battle between all three QB's. I like Dobbs and he definitely has skills and potential but from what you hear from people close to the staff who are around the program a lot it sure seems like they feel Riley has by far the most talent and ability.

Only if you are engaged and the defender spins. Which happens a lot between tackles. Not ok on a crack block.

Yes, it's generally called when outside the tackle box because most often you are not engaged. Pig clearly wasn't engaged and ran in towards the tackle box from his outside position to block the defender with his back to him. That prevented the defender from making an otherwise routine tackle on Dobbs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back