Who Was Your First Favorite CFB Player?

My first favorite team was the Jets and my first favorite player, of any sport, was Joe Namath. I was unaware he was a bammer until the 80s.

Reactions: MAD
Like I stated earlier......Larry Seivers was my 1st Favorite...........but the first Vol I knew about was George Cafego. My grandmother was friends with him at UT and told me stories about him when I was a wee lad. She always said he was the nicest person on the planet.................away from the field.
s-l400.jpg

rhanks to Dad, first Vol names I knew were Cafego and Johnny Majors. Dad took me yo my first game in 1959. Billy Majors played in that game, and at one time I think could name dozens off that team, Remember listening to LSU game on radio at my grandparents house

Who was your first favorite college football player?

For me it’s Condrege Holloway.
View attachment 524364

I actually got introduced to him while roaming the strip on a visit back to Knoxville around 17th and Cumberland by a HS classmate, Tim Townes. Oddly enough I worked out of Huntsville most of my adult life. Only actually lived in the city one year, and that was closer to Swain's Grissom than Hollway's Lee. Pretty sure part of that time he was in town working for ???????? some sports team???? pro hockey??? pro baseball maybe????? Recall ain't what it used to be.

Back to Condredge for a minute....

How many folks were at his freshman game vs Notre Dame to witness his high flying act into the S endzone at the near pylon from about the 5? I remember that play and the one from somewhere near midfield when he raised up and hit an uncovered wideout near the east side hash marks for a big play, score I think, in the same endzone.

Have no idea why I would have been in town for that 2 years into my Belmont experience.

Like I stated earlier......Larry Seivers was my 1st Favorite...........but the first Vol I knew about was George Cafego. My grandmother was friends with him at UT and told me stories about him when I was a wee lad. She always said he was the nicest person on the planet.................away from the field.

s-l400.jpg
You are a lot older than I thought.
But seriously, I knew you couldn’t come up with a simple easy answer.
By the way what are you planning for us this offseason?

Reactions: peaygolf
You are a lot older than I thought.
But seriously, I knew you couldn’t come up with a simple easy answer.
By the way what are you planning for us this offseason?

I have a couple of ideas......not sure yet:oops:

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back