Who Was Your First Favorite CFB Player?

Willie Gault without a doubt.

I got to meet Gault at age 5 or 6 and I thought he was the greatest player on Earth, so he’d be my answer. But my first favorite player when I was actually watching games and following along was Tony Robinson. That 85 season was the first year I really paid attention. Tony is still probably my favorite Vol ever, although Shuler, Wilson, and Manning are close. Gotta put Hooker in that group now too.

If it was a Vol, Condredge Holloway. If was CFB player in general, it was the hitman, Ronnie Lott.

Reactions: MAD
I guess I'll go with Ice Man Casey Clausen but Will Overstreet and Shawn Bryson were ones I also really enjoyed watching.

Watching in the NFL Vols, it would probably be Jason Witten. I didn't see Reggie White in the NFL as much because I wasn't really following the Eagles or Packers.

Hopefully in a few years it won't be Jalen Hyatt because we just keep churning out players like just like him to meet or exceed that special performance he had this year!

Reactions: MAD
Half of the punters we've had deserve mention as some were the best players on our team.

Remember in the 1998 Season Fiesta Bowl when our punter stopped Warrick Dunn cold in the open field as the last line of defense? Of course, you do!

Reactions: Orange12 and MAD

VN Store

Back