Who Was Your First Favorite CFB Player?

yes sir. The 89 team was loaded but the 1990 was different. I was 12 and that was the year I really fell in love with and understood football more. That's the year I really got into it. It was the 100 years of Volunteers season, and I soaked up all of that history. I still have the VHS tapes of that. I have all of the cards. My Mom would take me to Walgreens and I'd slowly accumulate them all and read every detail. I checked out UT/college football stuff at the library. I really went all in. I fell in love with the histroy of the program, not just the experience and the players.
Same here. All of the “Hundred Years of Volunteers” cards, etc. The ‘89 season was when I first took notice…..by ‘90 I lived and died with it each week. I had a chance to meet Tony Thompson at a game in ‘08. That was a highlight of my fandom.
Those early years of following are some great memories for me.

Reactions: ArdentVol and MAD
Like I stated earlier......Larry Seivers was my 1st Favorite...........but the first Vol I knew about was George Cafego. My grandmother was friends with him at UT and told me stories about him when I was a wee lad. She always said he was the nicest person on the planet.................away from the field.

s-l400.jpg

VN Store

Back