White Targeting "Offensive Minded" Coach

Stoops is wanting to coach again, the XFL screwed him, White has big 12 connections, there is a twisted weird connection between his pal Spurrier and TN, offensive minded, the kind of money floating around could entice him especially since he just got screwed out of a mil+. It's the kind of big name hire that can get TN through (whether he is successful or not).

I think the tires get kicked or have been already.

I think its Bob.
One thing is for sure, nobody gonna know who they are looking at, people will just speculate to get clickbait

If it's Bob, how's Mark going to react? And how's Bob going to treat Mark after Mark's comments of recent days? Would make for an interesting family "conversation" day 1.

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
We are at a point that we have to hit the hone run hire, not “well hopefully he’s a hone run” approach, we need the proof in the pudding so to speak

Sorry, but in all of athletics there are only "hopefully he's a home run" hires. There are way too many variables. The right coach in the right situation is the model: and you can't know that absolutely until well after the fact. I'm not keen on hiring a co-ordinator who has no experience running the program, either; I was just pointing out that, when you look back on the history of college football, there are exceptions to every rule. Great coaches have come from everywhere, and whatever approach we take (i.e. "no co-ordinators") is just hedging our bets. You can miss out on a great coach thinking like that. I'll say again (as I said elsewhere), White has a phenomenal track record, and I'd bet that whatever criteria he uses will give us a coach who, in the right circumstance, could be the next great one. But it'll still be a "hopefully..." situation.

Reactions: jerrync
Sorry, but in all of athletics there are only "hopefully he's a home run" hires. There are way too many variables. The right coach in the right situation is the model: and you can't know that absolutely until well after the fact. I'm not keen on hiring a co-ordinator who has no experience running the program, either; I was just pointing out that, when you look back on the history of college football, there are exceptions to every rule. Great coaches have come from everywhere, and whatever approach we take (i.e. "no co-ordinators") is just hedging our bets. You can miss out on a great coach thinking like that. I'll say again (as I said elsewhere), White has a phenomenal track record, and I'd bet that whatever criteria he uses will give us a coach who, in the right circumstance, could be the next great one. But it'll still be a "hopefully..." situation.
I feel like he’s going after a head coach with proven capability to run a program through the sanctions and can win with the talent we have and can get with sanctions, white is a top notch AD and I don’t think he’s first real job at a new university will be a hopefully a good coach type hire, he’s looking at what coach to get for situation he just walked into type

If it's Bob, how's Mark going to react? And how's Bob going to treat Mark after Mark's comments of recent days? Would make for an interesting family "conversation" day 1.

No I think Mark being at KY only adds to allure of the SEC if you dont see that then you dont have siblings. Last year Bob would laugh at us, when we hired Pruitt Bob had no desire. His situation is very different now financially and professionally. Drake could transfer from OU and he could have a chance to coach him, AND compete against his brother. He's 59 this could be his last chance to build something.

The stars are aligning, its the perfect storm.

I think it's Bob guys.

This hire is crucial, we will all agree on that. We cannot hire a project coach. We cannot hire a coordinator with no experience. We have to make a splash hire that unites and excites this fan base. No more slogans. No more cornbread. I'm on the Lane train personally but if we don't go for him, please for the sake of our fan bases mental, make a splash hire. I don't want to have to google our next coach.

I would be very happy with either of those two guys, but I also highly doubt we'll go after either, especially Kiffin with that big buyout.

So, if Peyton Manning steps out of the shadows and declares himself interested, you'd apparently say "No"????? Just sayin....................

Kiffin can flat out coach Qb's and put points on the board, that is just a fact. The guy can recruit and is a gutsy guy that can be brash, but that is ok, he wants to win and he gets in their face.

The guy went home to his USC, a once in lifetime opportunity, and he wife pushed him so let's cut the guy some slack and give him another shot!! It wasn't personal sonny, it just business!
t

Kiffin can flat out coach Qb's and put points on the board, that is just a fact. The guy can recruit and is a gutsy guy that can be brash, but that is ok, he wants to win and he gets in their face.

The guy went home to his USC, a once in lifetime opportunity, and he wife pushed him so let's cut the guy some slack and give him another shot!! It wasn't personal sonny, it just business!
t
Personally I could handle 1-2 losses per year due to our balls being bigger than our brain better than 7 losses because we have neither.

VN Store

Back