White Targeting "Offensive Minded" Coach

I'm hearing that Dan is thinking about Elliott as a fallback plan. He has supposedly locked onto a target that will be a minor surprise, and a pleasant one at that. He also likely has Plans B and C that are higher priority than Elliott. The Elliott noise is in the case that the search devolves beyond the top choices. Dan, I believe, is very comfortable with Elliott; but thinks this job requires a bigger and more seasoned hire. He does understand that he needs to create an impact on the positive public relations and name value of Elliott around Tennessee in case the hire comes down to that.

Reactions: 'Boro-vol
Elliott would be Pruitt 2.0. Reason I say that is because Pruitt was “supposedly” a defensive guru and his defense here got abused. Elliott “supposedly” is an offensive guru and unless he is bringing his offensive players with him I don’t see him being any different here than Pruitt. Plus where is his head coaching experience? Pruitt looked good at Bama because of Saban and superior athletes. Elliott looks good at Clemson because of Dabo and superior athletes. Just sayin’

Reactions: lifeisdeep
Do your homework before you make an assumption. Tony Elliot would be miles above a coordinator like Jeremy Pruitt. You saw he was an OC and said “to hell with him” Don't be simple.
Fed up with so called up and coming coordinators, we’ve had that and didn’t pan out, what we need is proven coach that can win and build with less talent! Elliot can be put in that category

And you're part of the problem. If you switched your allegiance to Vandy we'd be immeasurably better off.

You’re encouraging 102,453 to boycott our home opener over a potential hire that hasn’t coached a game and I’m the problem????You go root for VANDY.

Do your homework before you make an assumption. Tony Elliot would be miles above a coordinator like Jeremy Pruitt. You saw he was an OC and said “to hell with him” Don't be simple.
Yes because coordinator experience in the AAC far outweighs coordinator experience in the SEC, just as no national titles as a coordinator trumps two as a coordinator. Pruitt had credentials as good as they get for a coordinator and still turned out to be the worst hire in program history.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The list of coordinators who have taken a team to title contention in their first job is a hell of a lot shorter than the list of coaches with HC experience who have done so. We can't afford to gamble again and it would be several steps beyond mindless to make another gamble hire, which the hire of any coordinator would be.

I'm hearing that Dan is thinking about Elliott as a fallback plan. He has supposedly locked onto a target that will be a minor surprise, and a pleasant one at that. He also likely has Plans B and C that are higher priority than Elliott. The Elliott noise is in the case that the search devolves beyond the top choices. Dan, I believe, is very comfortable with Elliott; but thinks this job requires a bigger and more seasoned hire. He does understand that he needs to create an impact on the positive public relations and name value of Elliott around Tennessee in case the hire comes down to that.
Don't know you...but you've got my attention. Would love to know more, and can't understand why you wouldn't share it.

Reactions: norriscraftbasser
AtlantaVol is for sure connected but like all connected folks, they are sometimes misled. Unfortunately, when the connected folks are wrong they are crucified by many here and are reluctant to share information in the future.
Sometimes they are mislead on purpose to keep eyes off the true target.

Reactions: VolRage
There are a lot of assumptions on this post that coaches are just dying to come here. White is trying to get a coach to walk into an absolute disaster. Losing seasons, irrational fanbase, depleted roster AND looming NCAA sanctions. It might be another case of hiring someone willing to come versus hiring a slam dunk candidate. We have to be realistic here.

Reactions: jerrync
Yes because coordinator experience in the AAC far outweighs coordinator experience in the SEC, just as no national titles as a coordinator trumps two as a coordinator. Pruitt had credentials as good as they get for a coordinator and still turned out to be the worst hire in program history.

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The list of coordinators who have taken a team to title contention in their first job is a hell of a lot shorter than the list of coaches with HC experience who have done so. We can't afford to gamble again and it would be several steps beyond mindless to make another gamble hire, which the hire of any coordinator would be.
Listen I’m not advocating for him too get the job. All I’m saying is he wouldn’t be the worst we could do.

There are a lot of assumptions on this post that coaches are just dying to come here. White is trying to get a coach to walk into an absolute disaster. Losing seasons, irrational fanbase, depleted roster AND looming NCAA sanctions. It might be another case of hiring someone willing to come versus hiring a slam dunk candidate. We have to be realistic here.
In the case of willing to come, the only safe bet is Fischer unfortunately

Stoops is wanting to coach again, the XFL screwed him, White has big 12 connections, there is a twisted weird connection between his pal Spurrier and TN, offensive minded, the kind of money floating around could entice him especially since he just got screwed out of a mil+. It's the kind of big name hire that can get TN through (whether he is successful or not).

I think the tires get kicked or have been already.

I think its Bob.

Wont matter who the coach is, if they dont stop the bleeding! Trying to turn a 3rd string punter into a linebacker will not make it!

Stoops is wanting to coach again, the XFL screwed him, White has big 12 connections, there is a twisted weird connection between his pal Spurrier and TN, offensive minded, the kind of money floating around could entice him especially since he just got screwed out of a mil+. It's the kind of big name hire that can get TN through (whether he is successful or not).

I think the tires get kicked or have been already.

I think its Bob.
Don't know about all the rest but Bob Stoops here would be the bomb.

Reactions: 2GeeZ4VolZ

VN Store

Back