White Targeting "Offensive Minded" Coach

If we go after Tony Elliot, we might as well give up on football. This would be the dumbest decision outside of choosing Pruitt. Actually, it'd be even dumber since we literally just fired a guy who came in here with no experience. I'm excited about Danny White, but if he trots out a coordinator, I'll lose all respect.

We're not hiring an AD of that caliber and for that pay to go out and hire a coordinator without real HC experience.

No one has sources close to this thing anymore and they're throwing darts

Serious question based on your last statement. Does White legitimately discuss with boosters who he wants to hire? I don’t know how these things work. Is this the norm here and elsewhere?

We're not hiring an AD of that caliber and for that pay to go out and hire a coordinator without real HC experience.

No one has sources close to this thing anymore and they're throwing darts

Elliott would not get this fan base excited at all...and would be a very bad start to White’s tenure at UT. He needs to aim higher.

If he hires this Elliot bum then we revolt like we did with Schiano and we get another AD. This is the last chance for UT football we got to get this coaching hire right this time.

I think you’ve gone way too far calling him a “bum.” I’m not on board with hiring him at all, but it is because he lacks HC experience. But it doesn’t make him a “bum” or warrant personal attacks like that. Keep it classy, Knoxville.

Last edited:
Elliot is a product of the system at Clemson he wouldn’t win here he would be just like Pruitt no HC experience and in way over his head. We would be right back where we started in 2024 looking for another new coach. Elliot would be better suited starting out at a Western Kentucky or Tulane type of school.

Atlanta Vol said the guy we will get will have head coaching experience, so I’m hoping that holds true and we can avoid this potential issue.

I am expecting that to be the case, but if we were unable to obtain one of our top 3 or 4 targets, I would think that he would be a viable option. I want someone with head coaching experience at the top levels, but if this is a guy White has wanted for a while now there must be a good reason.

VN Store

Back