What was the reason Jeremy Banks was out?

Whether it's true or not, I have no idea but that wasn't the same team I've seen all season.

Neither was that the same SC team anybody has seen all season. Their message boards have been ready to go all tar and feathers on their OC until Saturday night.
Any given Saturday in the fall still holds true and it’s why the games are played.

This board is miserable lol
Well, honestly, what do you EXPECT? I am not exactly ready for a party with balloons, cake, and ice cream 😂. We just suffered the most damaging loss to a season since 2001. Forgive us for taking more than 72 hours to work through all five stages of grief. I am still 💯 percent on ANGER

Well, honestly, what do you EXPECT? I am not exactly ready for a party with balloons, cake, and ice cream 😂. We just suffered the most damaging loss to a season since 2001. Forgive us for taking more than 72 hours to work through all five stages of grief. I am still 💯 percent on ANGER
Trust me I’m still pissed but I’m not saying we’re gonna lose to Vandy either lol

If true, then why doesn’t CJH just say that? No privacy would be violated. Everybody would understand that. Everybody would be sympathetic to that. And all discussion would effectively end.

Sorry but that doesn’t add up to me or account for our D players basically not showing up in JB’s absence.

We’ll find out soon enough on Saturday what we’re dealing with.

Can’t believe this is the same team of players who pulled together to beat Bama just a few weeks ago. And went on to be #1 ranked in the CFP.

SMDH
Saying that Banks missed a meeting/practice unexcused is just throwing him under the bus after the loss. As much as we're talking now about "How could this happen?" it would really concentrate the focus on Banks as "the one coach pointed out in the presser as doing something wrong."

He was unavailable is vague but it shifts pressure off one young man and that's good coaching, especially good when players and recruits don't see a coach shift blame at one player.

There were lots of failures Saturday. Banks not being able to play is a piece of the puzzle but not all of the puzzle. A vague answer sucks but it's the right answer for a coach who respects his players.

Crap happens in almost every practice....or at least it did when I played. You get a bunch of alphas and an intense practice and chit gets chippy. The fact that this team let something like that affect them and ruin their chances at a playoff spot, boggles the mind. Maybe it's just that, as a program, we've not reached a certain point of maturity champions seem to possess? As much as I hate bama, it's a credit to them and their "culture" that they've been so consistently excellent for so many years. Hell, we can't even handle success for one complete damn season. When all you have between you and the playoffs is SCjr and Vandy and you STILL can't get it done, well, the only thing I can say it that "it's just us being Tennessee".

This goes to leadership in that locker room or more accurately the lack thereof. I'm not down on Heupel. Some of his staff, yes. Several of our players, yes. I'm going to hold on to the fact that Heupel needs time to change this roster and clear out any of those who don't fit the vision of what he's trying to do. I'm also hoping that he'll recognize any on this staff who aren't getting the job done and do what's needed after the season. I'll appreciate the end of some streaks and some great wins, but if this season ends as I expect it to, it will be a disappointment not so much due to the fact that we "only" have 9 wins, but in terms of what we lost above and beyond individual games. Perception, respect, recruiting, etc. So much good will down the drain unless we somehow find a way to get just 2 more wins this year. Of course, we needed just "2 more wins" to have a shot at the gold ring and fell flat on our collective faces so I'm far from optimistic.
Boo Hoo Hoo! Move on! Instead of appreciating the season we've had up to this point (no one expected such a turnaround) seems everyone, or most, want to nitpick the one we could have had. Would you still be crying if we finished 5-7? Don't think losing to the #1 team in GA was to be shamed. Losing to USCe in the fashion we did certainly was embarrassing, but it's not the end of the world. Yes, we want everything to go our way but S__t happens. Hopefully, we can beat Vandy and win our bowl game but quit crying in your beer. The defense was mucho improved this year but everyone knows we're far from perfect. Recruiting and coaching will improve this even more we hope. To think we were even in the ball game with the likes of GA & Bama with their rosters loaded with 4/5 star players 3 levels deep seems like a remarkable accomplishment. You look at the teams we beat then see Ky only lose to GA by 10 pts. Keep everything in perspective & keep fighting. Whining about what could have been is non-productive. We can't take Vandy lightly either as they have definitely improved based upon their last 2 games. GBO!

Reactions: EZE and EasternVol
If we play as poorly as we did last Saturday we certainly will. It all depends on that

While that may be the easy way of thinking, I disagree. What was the major reason SC beat us? They have an NFL QB. You can say Rattler is trash all you want and he has been this season. But the guy has always had the talent. And he proved it against us. Vandy doesn’t have a good QB.

Even if our defense plays bad we still win.

At least I didn't shell out $400 a seat for Vandy tix, which is what they were selling for up until Saturday evening. Price might still be inflated if Vandy fans start thinking they might beat us.

While that may be the easy way of thinking, I disagree. What was the major reason SC beat us? They have an NFL QB. You can say Rattler is trash all you want and he has been this season. But the guy has always had the talent. And he proved it against us. Vandy doesn’t have a good QB.

Even if our defense plays bad we still win.

Vandy held them to 38.

Florida held them to 6, no TDs. Rattler isn't trash but an NFL QB that can't score on FL isn't an NFL QB for more than a tryout.
Lot of factors involved for only scoring 6 against one opponent and it’s silly to say based on one performance that it negates Rattlers ability to make an NFL roster one day.

Ok so Rattler will never play in the NFL then? Cool story lol. If you couldn’t tell that Rattler doesn’t have NFL arm talent then you are nuts.
No. It's the same absolute you said that "the reason we lost was we played an NFL QB."

WTF was Bryce Young?

We lost to USCe for a lot of reasons and one of which was Rattler having an uncharacteristically good game considering his performance this year but that's not "THE reason we lost." You're nuts for stating that.

While I do believe SC will be a much tougher game this year, I don’t see how they beat us. They are losing much more defensively than we are. Rattler will make a huge difference but he isn’t better than Young, Pickett and Corral was last year.

Their defense is going to get torched. I think our defense is going to be better than last year. If Heupel loses to SC this year, then serious questions need to be asked about his abilities here at TN.
@BigOrangeTrain Your own words from April.

Reactions: igotworms
show me the poster who correctly predicted how this season would go, please.
Actually several folks predicted 10-2, but many saw 9-3, which sadly still a possibility. Lots of folks saw us beating one, if not two, of GA, Bama, and FL.

No one, I've no idea what the odds were from Vegas, could see us losing to USCe....... which is why everyone is confused.

Heisman Trophy winner 2021
Heisman Trophy 2022 candidate if Alabama had made the SEC game.
Exactly. The "major reason" we lost to USCe was not because we faced a future NFL QB. I'd suggest we faced several, yeah.... including Rattler, who will hit the NFL AND far more talented receivers than USCe.

That was my hyperbole for BigOT from his statement that the "major reason" was Rattler's talent. We've faced more talented QBs and receivers and not given up 63.

Reactions: lifeisdeep
I'm not going to be able to agree with "it wouldn't have mattered" aspect.
If it's true there was that much turmoil going on...there is a lot of things going on in players heads that shouldn't have been.

Me neither. It was pretty obvious something was wrong with the team, emotionally. The result was too incredible to be something about scheme or scouting or percentages catching up with us or whatever pure football reason you want to pretend allowed a mediocre team to score 63 points on the #5 team in the country - even with our mixed defensive play.

Reactions: LadyVolette

VN Store

Back