What was the reason Jeremy Banks was out?

Tennessee football: Dissecting the Jeremy Banks rumors

Looks like Jeremy Banks had an altercation with Hendon Hooker during practice...and Jeremy Banks may have voluntarily decided to sit out the USCjr game because he was still upset. Reading between the lines of CJH press conference, he said hopefully the loss stings for those that did not make the game.

Sucks to see UT's great season end in this manner :(
I don't care how good or not JB is, he's either a team player or not and that goes for any team member. Either get in line with the TEAM or GTFO!

I’ll be bluntly honest, if we go 9-4 thats a huge disappointment. That will make the LSU, UF, and Bama wins all look like flukes. I just don’t understand how you go from beating Mizzou 66-24 but then dropping to an SC team that didn’t score an offensive TD the week prior and not to mention they lost to Missouri as well.
I will be disappointed if we go 9-4 after we were 8-0. However I also realize that the were/are a very thin team, in number and talent of players, and that we have suffered a number of injuries to one starters. in addition, losing to Georgia was a big let down for a team who was overachieving. I still think the should/will beat Vandy Saturday. If the team gets their attitude back, we will to lose.

Me? Different take. If he did sit out on his own, which might be true given CJH's tepid comment. It might be he knew in his angry(?) state of mind, he'd end up being responsible for multiple penalties and opted to stay out to avoid that. Yes, I know, I'm considering the best instead of the worst, which some Vol-player haters insist upon.

Regardless of what the reason may have been, if this is true about Jeremy deciding not to play himself, he must go. I get it second chance blah blah blah blah but healthy players don't just decide to not play because you are butthurt.

Yep. I don't think this team has the fortitude to pull themselves up after a loss like that and beat a very hungry Vandy at their place in the cold and rain. I also don't have the confidence in Milton that many on this board do. Folks here act as tho he's "matured" into the next John Elway. Milton had a few nice throws in mop up duty, but overall, he looks like the same Milton to me. To be honest, I see us finishing 9-4.

Unfortunately, I expect a loss on Saturday as well. And I wouldn’t be surprised if it is by multiple scores.

I hope I’m pleasantly surprised, and if I am, it will be a masterful coaching job.

Reactions: CJBlaze and Jax_Vol
I don't care how good or not JB is, he's either a team player or not and that goes for any team member. Either get in line with the TEAM or GTFO!
Oh my! But we’re all just supposed to be happy because of this season we’re having. You’ll upset some pearl clutchers if you don’t watch it. Just sit back, excuse selfishness, and enjoy mediocrity.

Tennessee football: Dissecting the Jeremy Banks rumors

Looks like Jeremy Banks had an altercation with Hendon Hooker during practice...and Jeremy Banks may have voluntarily decided to sit out the USCjr game because he was still upset. Reading between the lines of CJH press conference, he said hopefully the loss stings for those that did not make the game.

Sucks to see UT's great season end in this manner :(
If true, apparently it is just not in the stars for us to have nice things. SMH.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
It literally reads that way. Not a single actual source cited other than Heupel giving a non answer at a press conference and reading Jeremy Banks’ instagram. I don’t mind articles like this. Just don’t pretend you’ve done actual journalism where you talked to people and asked questions.

No one does real journalism any more - they just read and steal tweets/articles/posts from each other and stir the pot for clicks.

Yep. I don't think this team has the fortitude to pull themselves up after a loss like that and beat a very hungry Vandy at their place in the cold and rain. I also don't have the confidence in Milton that many on this board do. Folks here act as tho he's "matured" into the next John Elway. Milton had a few nice throws in mop up duty, but overall, he looks like the same Milton to me. To be honest, I see us finishing 9-4.

You’re never confident in anything so I’m not surprised by your takes.

Why even bother following sports with that attitude?

Reactions: HeadVol77
Crap happens in almost every practice....or at least it did when I played. You get a bunch of alphas and an intense practice and chit gets chippy. The fact that this team let something like that affect them and ruin their chances at a playoff spot, boggles the mind. Maybe it's just that, as a program, we've not reached a certain point of maturity champions seem to possess? As much as I hate bama, it's a credit to them and their "culture" that they've been so consistently excellent for so many years. Hell, we can't even handle success for one complete damn season. When all you have between you and the playoffs is SCjr and Vandy and you STILL can't get it done, well, the only thing I can say it that "it's just us being Tennessee".

This goes to leadership in that locker room or more accurately the lack thereof. I'm not down on Heupel. Some of his staff, yes. Several of our players, yes. I'm going to hold on to the fact that Heupel needs time to change this roster and clear out any of those who don't fit the vision of what he's trying to do. I'm also hoping that he'll recognize any on this staff who aren't getting the job done and do what's needed after the season. I'll appreciate the end of some streaks and some great wins, but if this season ends as I expect it to, it will be a disappointment not so much due to the fact that we "only" have 9 wins, but in terms of what we lost above and beyond individual games. Perception, respect, recruiting, etc. So much good will down the drain unless we somehow find a way to get just 2 more wins this year. Of course, we needed just "2 more wins" to have a shot at the gold ring and fell flat on our collective faces so I'm far from optimistic.
Haynesworth 2x4 agrees with this.

Be glad social media and quick news was not around in 1998, not sure many could fathom not knowing what was going on.

Crap happens in almost every practice....or at least it did when I played. You get a bunch of alphas and an intense practice and chit gets chippy. The fact that this team let something like that affect them and ruin their chances at a playoff spot, boggles the mind. Maybe it's just that, as a program, we've not reached a certain point of maturity champions seem to possess? As much as I hate bama, it's a credit to them and their "culture" that they've been so consistently excellent for so many years. Hell, we can't even handle success for one complete damn season. When all you have between you and the playoffs is SCjr and Vandy and you STILL can't get it done, well, the only thing I can say it that "it's just us being Tennessee".

This goes to leadership in that locker room or more accurately the lack thereof. I'm not down on Heupel. Some of his staff, yes. Several of our players, yes. I'm going to hold on to the fact that Heupel needs time to change this roster and clear out any of those who don't fit the vision of what he's trying to do. I'm also hoping that he'll recognize any on this staff who aren't getting the job done and do what's needed after the season. I'll appreciate the end of some streaks and some great wins, but if this season ends as I expect it to, it will be a disappointment not so much due to the fact that we "only" have 9 wins, but in terms of what we lost above and beyond individual games. Perception, respect, recruiting, etc. So much good will down the drain unless we somehow find a way to get just 2 more wins this year. Of course, we needed just "2 more wins" to have a shot at the gold ring and fell flat on our collective faces so I'm far from optimistic.
Yes and everyone needs to remember there is still dead wood on this roster and how far we have come in a very short period of time. I believe with our restored profile, much improved recruiting, NIL improvements and NCAA situation, we will be more aggressive in transfer portal and also “encourage” any bad apples to move on! Weeding out players (and coaches) is not a bad thing!!! I certainly don’t like what happened this weekend. However it may be a blessing in disguise! Heupel got hit with an eye-opener Saturday and Sunday in MANY ways! He’s smart, and a damn good young coach! Everyone be patient!!!!

Reactions: mpfvol
Yes and everyone needs to remember there is still dead wood on this roster and how far we have come in a very short period of time. I believe with our restored profile, much improved recruiting, NIL improvements and NCAA situation, we will be more aggressive in transfer portal and also “encourage” any bad apples to move on! Weeding out players (and coaches) is not a bad thing!!! I certainly don’t like what happened this weekend. However it may be a blessing in disguise! Heupel got hit with an eye-opener Saturday and Sunday in MANY ways! He’s smart, and a damn good young coach! Everyone be patient!!!!

I like your post and agree with it, but it reminds me, in part, of a Derek Dooley Quote (paraphrase) "the Good News is, we got everyone back. the Bad New is....we got everyone back"

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back