What was the reason Jeremy Banks was out?

GBOplayer

Tennessee football: Dissecting the Jeremy Banks rumors

Looks like Jeremy Banks had an altercation with Hendon Hooker during practice...and Jeremy Banks may have voluntarily decided to sit out the USCjr game because he was still upset. Reading between the lines of CJH press conference, he said hopefully the loss stings for those that did not make the game.

Sucks to see UT's great season end in this manner :(

Looks like Jeremy Banks had an altercation with Hendon Hooker during practice...and Jeremy Banks may have voluntarily decided to sit out the USCjr game because he was still upset. Reading between the lines of CJH press conference, he said hopefully the loss stings for those that did not make the game.

If Banks decided to sit out the game on his own, there’s still gonna be a lot of locker room issues and he shouldn’t be allowed back.

With that being said…I’m done seeing so many stories on all of this no one knows is true or not. We should just let it go. What happened Saturday would have happened with or without Banks the way SC and we played

If Banks decided to sit out the game on his own, there’s still gonna be a lot of locker room issues and he shouldn’t be allowed back.

With that being said…I’m done seeing so many stories on all of this no one knows is true or not. We should just let it go. What happened Saturday would have happened with or without Banks the way SC and we played
Agreed. It’s not like it matters anyway. I guess some of us on here like drama. For some reason.

Enough already. Win on Saturday and move on, the lesson having hopefully been learned. The goal is for this to be a lasting thing, not a one year flash in the pan, and obsessing on something that is already done doesn't help anything or anyone. For some bizarre reason, fans are obsessed with 'blaming' and feel they are entitled to know everything that goes on in a locker room. Leave it alone already.

What happened Saturday would have happened with or without Banks the way SC and we played

Disagree with that part. Having Banks out provided no pressure to Rattler and exposed how slow we are in the secondary. Rattler had time to freelance with Young and Baron both contained...Banks disrupts the backfield which did not happen.

Last edited:
allfortennessee.com? Who is Caleb Calhoun? Seems like clickbait to me. This kind of thing always comes out when we lose. Happens under every coach. Who knows if it even happened? Even if it did, so what? Win the next two games and it will go away.

Crap happens in almost every practice....or at least it did when I played. You get a bunch of alphas and an intense practice and chit gets chippy. The fact that this team let something like that affect them and ruin their chances at a playoff spot, boggles the mind. Maybe it's just that, as a program, we've not reached a certain point of maturity champions seem to possess? As much as I hate bama, it's a credit to them and their "culture" that they've been so consistently excellent for so many years. Hell, we can't even handle success for one complete damn season. When all you have between you and the playoffs is SCjr and Vandy and you STILL can't get it done, well, the only thing I can say it that "it's just us being Tennessee".

This goes to leadership in that locker room or more accurately the lack thereof. I'm not down on Heupel. Some of his staff, yes. Several of our players, yes. I'm going to hold on to the fact that Heupel needs time to change this roster and clear out any of those who don't fit the vision of what he's trying to do. I'm also hoping that he'll recognize any on this staff who aren't getting the job done and do what's needed after the season. I'll appreciate the end of some streaks and some great wins, but if this season ends as I expect it to, it will be a disappointment not so much due to the fact that we "only" have 9 wins, but in terms of what we lost above and beyond individual games. Perception, respect, recruiting, etc. So much good will down the drain unless we somehow find a way to get just 2 more wins this year. Of course, we needed just "2 more wins" to have a shot at the gold ring and fell flat on our collective faces so I'm far from optimistic.

AP on TOS basically confirmed the whole "T" carpet scenario as well as JB missing practice on Monday. So there's a good chance he was already suspended and/or this was the straw that broke the camel's back to get him suspended.

He also said that he did not believe there was a fight, only a verbal altercation and maybe Milton separated them. Jimmy Hyams has also confirmed it on a different radio show thru his sources (could be the same as AP, who knows) and basically said the same exact thing.

We will see Saturday if this team is able to move on from last weekend.

Crap happens in almost every practice....or at least it did when I played. You get a bunch of alphas and an intense practice and chit gets chippy. The fact that this team let something like that affect them and ruin their chances at a playoff spot, boggles the mind. Maybe it's just that, as a program, we've not reached a certain point of maturity champions seem to possess? As much as I hate bama, it's a credit to them and their "culture" that they've been so consistently excellent for so many years. Hell, we can't even handle success for one complete damn season. When all you have between you and the playoffs is SCjr and Vandy and you STILL can't get it done, well, the only thing I can say it that "it's just us being Tennessee".

This goes to leadership in that locker room or more accurately the lack thereof. I'm not down on Heupel. Some of his staff, yes. Several of our players, yes. I'm going to hold on to the fact that Heupel needs time to change this roster and clear out any of those who don't fit the vision of what he's trying to do. I'm also hoping that he'll recognize any on this staff who aren't getting the job done and do what's needed after the season. I'll appreciate the end of some streaks and some great wins, but if this season ends as I expect it to, it will be a disappointment not so much due to the fact that we "only" have 9 wins, but in terms of what we lost above and beyond individual games. Perception, respect, recruiting, etc. So much good will down the drain unless we somehow find a way to get just 2 more wins this year. Of course, we needed just "2 more wins" to have a shot at the gold ring and fell flat on our collective faces so I'm far from optimistic.

Yes, we had fights all the time in practice. I think the coaches wanted us to fight. It shows spirit. Boys will be boys.

We need an Al Wilson on the team. Unfortunately, an Al Wilson type is a once a decade thing.

More information here on VN than in this article. Of course you do have to be able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

Jimmy Hyams claimed on 104.5 the zone the suspension was due to a combination of a mandatory missed practice followed by the altercation with Hendon.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Enough already. Win on Saturday and move on, the lesson having hopefully been learned. The goal is for this to be a lasting thing, not a one year flash in the pan, and obsessing on something that is already done doesn't help anything or anyone. For some bizarre reason, fans are obsessed with 'blaming' and feel they are entitled to know everything that goes on in a locker room. Leave it alone already.
I agree, but I think the fascination exists bc everything we saw Saturday was completely different than what’s occurred all season long. We were 22.5 point favorites to a team that didn’t score an offensive touchdown the week before against a mediocre Florida team… and we gave up 63 points. We gave up 63 points to a bad team w/ a cornball coach with a college football playoff spot on the line. People are going to want answers when the defense’s leader doesn’t make the trip for non-medical reasons.

You are correct BUT you never, ever hit the quarterback. An OG and LB throwing hands...No problem. LB going after a Heisman caliber QB...Somebody's going in the dog house.

All I gleaned from that article is Mr. Calhoun reads VolNation..... 🙄
It literally reads that way. Not a single actual source cited other than Heupel giving a non answer at a press conference and reading Jeremy Banks’ instagram. I don’t mind articles like this. Just don’t pretend you’ve done actual journalism where you talked to people and asked questions.

This article does nothing but fan the flames of intrigue. It does nothing but relate the "rumors" that are floating about in a little bit better journalistic fashion.

Reactions: Johnnyreb#VFL
It literally reads that way. Not a single actual source cited other than Heupel giving a non answer at a press conference. I don’t mind articles like this. Just don’t pretend you’ve done actual journalism.
Exactly, there is nothing in that article that I haven't already read here, pretty much the day after the game..

Reactions: volfeeva

VN Store

Back