Sticking My Neck Out, Waaaaay Out

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
I'm going to do it. Long before we even play a game, this is how I think 2022 shakes out.
1649068745992.png
I think USCe kicks us as we usually go back and forth season by season. They have a bevy of big boy edge rushers. I think their general size will wear us down that late in the season after giving the Tide and Dawgs our best efforts. So it will be a trap game and USCe takes advantage. Plus, I think Beamer is a legit coach. Our relatively young secondary is going to give us fits all season, but the boys certainly try. Oh, the Kentucky game is going to be bloody, they hate us with the same passion we hate Bama, and they will play like it.

Last edited:
LSU, Florida, Bama, Georgia, Kentucky are very lossable games. Really want to see how many teams do some cheap crap to slow down the offense bc that’s our trump card.

Reactions: mercuryvol
Zero way in hell this team beats Florida then gets blown out by Carolina unless Hooker goes down to an injury.
Yeah that one makes absolutely zero sense. We have beaten them 3 years in a row and last year we blew them out. If we didn't slow it down we put 60 on them. Don't see how they somehow hold us to 21 in year two with Hendon and Heupel running this offense.

I'd flip that game with the LSU game.

Yeah that one makes absolutely zero sense. We have beaten them 3 years in a row and last year we blew them out. If we didn't slow it down we put 60 on them. Don't see how they somehow hold us to 21 in year two with Hendon and Heupel running this offense.

I'd flip that game with the LSU game.
Be interesting to see how Kelly fits there. I still think Mullen is a good coach; he just wasn’t a fit for that Florida team in the current climate.

Reactions: titansvolsfaninga
LSU, Florida, Bama, Georgia, Kentucky are very lossable games. Really want to see how many teams do some cheap crap to slow down the offense bc that’s our trump card.
Agree Daddy. We will be lucky to come out of those 5 with only 2 losses. I do have faith though that the coaches will have a blocking strategy for the slow down attempts. It’s a shame that the officials do not have the integrity to address the fake injuries. Personally, I like UT just having an “injury” on every play (if it starts with the other team) - offense and defense.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
Agree Daddy. We will be lucky to come out of those 5 with only 2 losses. I do have faith though that the coaches will have a blocking strategy for the slow down attempts. It’s a shame that the officials do not have the integrity to address the fake injuries. Personally, I like UT just having an “injury” on every play (if it starts with the other team) - offense and defense.
I agree with you on the last sentence but Heupel won’t do that. I think we could have a step back honestly bc I don’t see the cheap slowdowns ending from other coaches and idk how they get around that.

Reactions: mercuryvol
I just want us to beat Florida and win the bowl game. Losing bowl games at Tennessee is absolutely unacceptable and u should have to forfeit bowl bonuses when u lose.

I just want us to beat Florida and win the bowl game. Losing bowl games at Tennessee is absolutely unacceptable and u should have to forfeit bowl bonuses when u lose.
Interesting take. You realize we would have forfeited almost as many bonuses as we have collected? We have almost as many losses as wins overall in bowl games. Losing games period is not a desired result, but we have not been dominant overall.

I'm going to do it. Long before we even play a game, this is how I think 2022 shakes out.

View attachment 444654
I think USCe kicks us as we usually go back and forth season by season. They have a bevy of big boy edge rushers. I think their general size will wear us down that late in the season after giving the Tide and Dawgs our best efforts. So it will be a trap game and USCe takes advantage. Plus, I think Beamer is a legit coach. Our relatively young secondary is going to give us fits all season, but the boys certainly try. Oh, the Kentucky game is going to be bloody, they hate us with the same passion we hate Bama, and they will play like it.
I was with you until the SC jr game. We have killed them the past 3 years with much less talent and all 3 games were not even close. 10-2 with my neck!

Zero way in hell this team beats Florida then gets blown out by Carolina unless Hooker goes down to an injury.

Memphis State with a loaded Peyton led team. Stuff happens, and at times, there seems no accounting for it to happen. A Hookerless Vols team, for example, and you get your "more than zero in hell" situation. Stuff happens. 2019 Georgia Team results vs. Vols and Gamecocks:
i
Tennessee
W 43-14

vs
i
South Carolina
L 20-17 2OT

and yet --- 2019 Tennessee beat that same Dawg killer squad: 41-21, stuff happens.

Memphis State with a loaded Peyton led team. Stuff happens, and at times, there seems no accounting for it to happen. A Hookerless Vols team, for example, and you get your "more than zero in hell" situation. Stuff happens. 2019 Georgia Team results vs. Vols and Gamecocks:
i
Tennessee
W 43-14

vs
i
South Carolina
L 20-17 2OT

and yet --- 2019 Tennessee beat that same Dawg killer squad: 41-21, stuff happens.

While I do believe SC will be a much tougher game this year, I don’t see how they beat us. They are losing much more defensively than we are. Rattler will make a huge difference but he isn’t better than Young, Pickett and Corral was last year.

Their defense is going to get torched. I think our defense is going to be better than last year. If Heupel loses to SC this year, then serious questions need to be asked about his abilities here at TN.

While I do believe SC will be a much tougher game this year, I don’t see how they beat us. They are losing much more defensively than we are. Rattler will make a huge difference but he isn’t better than Young, Pickett and Corral was last year.

Their defense is going to get torched. I think our defense is going to be better than last year. If Heupel loses to SC this year, then serious questions need to be asked about his abilities here at TN.
Our offense will also be better.

I agree with you on the last sentence but Heupel won’t do that. I think we could have a step back honestly bc I don’t see the cheap slowdowns ending from other coaches and idk how they get around that.

Ditto. What can we possibly do to slow down or prevent flopping defensive players? Maybe go even faster? Snap the ball before the flopping player hits the ground? What possible “blocking strategy” against could we have?

VN Store

Back