What was the reason Jeremy Banks was out?

Unfortunately, I expect a loss on Saturday as well. And I wouldn’t be surprised if it is by multiple scores.

I hope I’m pleasantly surprised, and if I am, it will be a masterful coaching job.
Beating Vandy NEVER requires a "masterful coaching job". C'mon man!

If Banks missed a Monday practice unexcused, got chewed by Heupel and didn't like it so he ended up being told or choosing that he was sitting, and that threw off the team's preparation for the game during the week, I can buy it.

But we were 21pt favorites and lost by more than that. Short of the team spending the whole week in Tijuana drunk and staying in a brothel, there's more than just a "bad week of game preparation" going on.

AP on TOS basically confirmed the whole "T" carpet scenario as well as JB missing practice on Monday. So there's a good chance he was already suspended and/or this was the straw that broke the camel's back to get him suspended.

He also said that he did not believe there was a fight, only a verbal altercation and maybe Milton separated them. Jimmy Hyams has also confirmed it on a different radio show thru his sources (could be the same as AP, who knows) and basically said the same exact thing.

We will see Saturday if this team is able to move on from last weekend.

Agreed. So tired of this drama, saga, BS and rumors. I don't expect JB to play this Saturday.

Dear Jeremy,
Please move on so this team can move on and finish the season without any more controversy.

Tennessee football: Dissecting the Jeremy Banks rumors

Looks like Jeremy Banks had an altercation with Hendon Hooker during practice...and Jeremy Banks may have voluntarily decided to sit out the USCjr game because he was still upset. Reading between the lines of CJH press conference, he said hopefully the loss stings for those that did not make the game.

Sucks to see UT's great season end in this manner :(

If that is true, he needs to be dismissed from the team. You can’t have a player voluntarily sitting during a game with that much on the line and have that much dissension sown on the defensive side of the ball. That is a piece of crap move that is bush league, every team has disputes and disagreements. That is Kindergarten level nonsense

I don't care how good or not JB is, he's either a team player or not and that goes for any team member. Either get in line with the TEAM or GTFO!
He’s the leader of that defense no doubt. So in the future we need to be more careful who we let lead. Stop recruiting thugs !!! Yes I said it.

Regardless of what the reason may have been, if this is true about Jeremy deciding not to play himself, he must go. I get it second chance blah blah blah blah but healthy players don't just decide to not play because you are butthurt.

Sure. Yet neither of us know what really happened so, well, as you said, blah blah blah blah.

Sure. Yet neither of us know what really happened so, well, as you said, blah blah blah blah.

I mean it’s pretty obvious the defense quit. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that any halfway decent team could/has held SC to fewer than 63 points. That was one of the most pathetic performances in the history of football lol

I mean it’s pretty obvious the defense quit. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out that any halfway decent team could/has held SC to fewer than 63 points. That was one of the most pathetic performances in the history of football lol

Yeah. But you know, it's over and gone with now. Onward Volunteers, marching to Vandy's door. With the tri-star flag waving at the fore.

Reactions: Jax_Vol
If wut is true?

At this point, there is so many wild guesses going on, I doubt we ever know the story.

And really, we have no right to know. It is close to PPI.

I bet his consistently stupid personal fouls during games were just coincidences as well. I bet Hadden is a fun loving guy who was engaging in light hearted joking during the game not making a fool himself talking crap while getting burned on every play. A blind man can see what is going on

Reactions: Woke

VN Store

Back