What was the reason Jeremy Banks was out?

Do you think having banks there would have kept them from scoring ~30pts more than us?

I didn't mean not having Banks there, although I do think it would help. It would help in two ways, he is our leading tackler and also (I have heard) the defensive play caller and a leader. So being a leader and leading tackler, that makes a difference.

But what I meant was that if he and Hooker truly got into a fight and there is a lot of team dissension, then that could well explain the defensive performance. I meant mostly that.

Banks defintely is a key part of the D though.

Reactions: Vols2018
I didn't mean not having Banks there, although I do think it would help. It would help in two ways, he is our leading tackler and also (I have heard) the defensive play caller and a leader. So being a leader and leading tackler, that makes a difference.

But what I meant was that if he and Hooker truly got into a fight and there is a lot of team dissension, then that could well explain the defensive performance. I meant mostly that.

Banks defintely is a key part of the D though.

Banks needs to keep a level head when he’s not on the football field.

I believe in 2nd chances but cmon now, it’s stupid to start a fight with your own teammate IF the rumors are true.

Banks needs to keep a level head when he’s not on the football field.

I believe in 2nd chances but cmon now, it’s stupid to start a fight with your own teammate IF the rumors are true.

agree 100%...he has already had a second chance, if rumors are true it reflects very poorly on him

Reactions: feathersax
Tyson also fired Kevin Rooney his trainer who had allowed Tyson to kept his focus on boxing Scilla and motivation. Then there was the Don King influence.

I don't doubt you. Just the same, I believe the bulk of the matter was Robin Givens messing with his head.

Very true, but with him being a senior and having that experience, it makes it even more difficult to understand how he would allow something/anything to get in the way of him being in such an important game. The college football playoffs were right there for the taking. A veteran leader wouldn't allow anyone on the team to stray from the course much less that veteran leader doing it himself. At some point, I think we just need to understand and accept who and what Banks is. He's always been volatile. The question now is how far do you go with him? At some point, I'm going to consider my culture and locker room and protect them.
Yeah I can’t wrap my head around it either. I wish I could be a fly on the wall in that locker room. I’m interested to see if he suits up Saturday. If he doesn’t, it’s probably best for the culture going forward.

Nobody is perfect, and some even less so than others. But the mark of a true humane (whether Christian or not) is the ability to forgive, and do so without holding a grudge. So I'm inclined to look at myself first, before I judge him or anyone else. To look yourself in the eye, and admit, that there but for the grace of God, go I. That is a hard row to hoe.

And sanctimonious people equate forgiveness to ones opinion as whether one should play football at the University of Tennessee. I forgave Jeremy for the despicable comments as well as his obvious harassment of his ex. Not once did I say he should not have been given a second chance. I said that chance should have been somewhere else. Sometimes a change of scenery can really help change someone's perspective.

It’s been said by VFLs that it was a personal family issue and he didn’t communicate to the coaches prior to missing.
If true, then why doesn’t CJH just say that? No privacy would be violated. Everybody would understand that. Everybody would be sympathetic to that. And all discussion would effectively end.

Sorry but that doesn’t add up to me or account for our D players basically not showing up in JB’s absence.

We’ll find out soon enough on Saturday what we’re dealing with.

Can’t believe this is the same team of players who pulled together to beat Bama just a few weeks ago. And went on to be #1 ranked in the CFP.

SMDH

I do wonder how much his absence hurt us? Surely we had someone ready for those duties in case he was out. Or maybe we didn’t ????
I just hope that if Milton is the same old joe Milton I hope CJH puts in the Jackson kid. If you are going to lose it dosen't matter the score

If true, then why doesn’t CJH just say that? No privacy would be violated. Everybody would understand that. Everybody would be sympathetic to that. And all discussion would effectively end.

Sorry but that doesn’t add up to me or account for our D players basically not showing up in JB’s absence.

Can’t believe this is the same team of players who pulled together to beat Bama just a few weeks ago. And went on to be #1 ranked in the CFP.

SMDH
Hooker looked mad every time the camera showed him on the sideline, looked as if he was bothered. So might be something to the rift with the team.

And sanctimonious people equate forgiveness to ones opinion as whether one should play football at the University of Tennessee. I forgave Jeremy for the despicable comments as well as his obvious harassment of his ex. Not once did I say he should not have been given a second chance. I said that chance should have been somewhere else. Sometimes a change of scenery can really help change someone's perspective.

Whatever you say, oh omnipotent and flawless One. Fact is, like the rest of us, beyond hearsay, you don't know a darn thing about what actually happened. Yet want to pass judgment. So, whatever you say, oh omnipotent and flawless One.

Last edited:
3 to 4 stops is all what we needed with or without banks. Maybe a 4th down stop who knows but we will never know if the outcome is different with Banks in the lineup.

Reactions: Orangeslice13
Let me ask you this, if we lose to Vandy do you feel like we made any progress?

Even with Milton’s lack of playing time there is no way Candy should be in this game. It should be 20+ Lead by the end of 1st half. We may be a flawed D team but our offense is top10.

I had not heard the broken jaw aspect of this before.

Honestly, if true-my respect for Milton will increase tenfold. I will take guys who are willing to fight for their friends any day.

SMDH

Why would Coach need to say anything now? He doesn’t owe us or the media any explanation beyond Banks was unavailable which was stated before the game.
If a specific reason was going to be given it would have needed to be last week before everybody started throwing out opinions right and left. The truth from the program right now won’t kill the gossip because that horse has left the barn and is running wild. Saying it was a violation of team rules would just have the exact same result as we’re seeing now with wild speculations over what rules and the dragging of his player.

The defensive guys have said they overlooked SC and weren’t focused correctly on the game. So basically they got gut punched and couldn’t regroup to recover.

I’m not buying that the Banks issue had much bearing on how they played beyond them looking rather lost out there and his leadership and fire might have improved that somewhat. Maybe, big maybe, a few drive stops and one or two less scores. Then again he might have been just one of the guys along for ride as the whole defense collapsed. 🤷‍♀️

3 to 4 stops is all what we needed with or without banks. Maybe a 4th down stop who knows but we will never know if the outcome is different with Banks in the lineup.
That seems like a small ask until you consider we got 1...ONE...against SCjr. Incredible.

That seems like a small ask until you consider we got 1...ONE...against SCjr. Incredible.
It has bugged the crap out of me. Short fields and scores, USCe had their way with us. It Felt like a Who*e at Christmas going Ho!Ho!Hooooo!

Last edited:
SMDH... Beyond it being a “cool story bro”. Does anybody really think that our backup QB would throw a punch, especially at a hard boned jaw, that could have even the slightest possibility of damaging his hands? Seriously? Days before a game he may play in?

If our #1 backup QB was even remotely dumb enough to throw a punch during a verbal altercation he wasn’t directly involved in, he should have been left in Knoxville as well.

He and Banks could have attended a how not to do dumb things class together. 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: rbaylor
I mean it's another reason I'm having 2016 flashbacks. Then the rumors were the drama with Jalen Hurd was causing locker room issues and many blamed all that for the lackluster performance that night.

Whether it's true or not, I have no idea but that wasn't the same team I've seen all season.

Reactions: rbaylor
Focus on Rattlers play...He played lights out. The END
Nope, mediocre QBs don’t become all world for just a single game (unless they are playing Tennessee).
I want us to become a school that makes QBs look BAD for a change (and no Will Levis doesn’t count)

VN Store

Back