What was the reason Jeremy Banks was out?

Disagree with that part. Having Banks out provided no pressure to Rattler and exposed how slow we are in the secondary. Rattler had time to freelance with Young and Baron both contained...Banks disrupts the backfield which did not happen.

THANK YOU! Some on here just want to bury their heads in the sand. That team was totally out of whack Saturday. Disturbed and distracted.

On the first play from scrimmage, this would have been Jeremy Banks' approach to Spencer Rattler

JB.jpg

It’s been said by VFLs that it was a personal family issue and he didn’t communicate to the coaches prior to missing.

Lmao. I can understand it's not like 99.8% of the people in this country have instant access to anyone they know right in their back pocket these days.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
This is why it’s so important to build a great culture around a program.

I’m so sick of drama every single year from players that were recruited by the previous coaches who were fired.

Crap happens in almost every practice....or at least it did when I played. You get a bunch of alphas and an intense practice and chit gets chippy. The fact that this team let something like that affect them and ruin their chances at a playoff spot, boggles the mind. Maybe it's just that, as a program, we've not reached a certain point of maturity champions seem to possess? As much as I hate bama, it's a credit to them and their "culture" that they've been so consistently excellent for so many years. Hell, we can't even handle success for one complete damn season. When all you have between you and the playoffs is SCjr and Vandy and you STILL can't get it done, well, the only thing I can say it that "it's just us being Tennessee".

This goes to leadership in that locker room or more accurately the lack thereof. I'm not down on Heupel. Some of his staff, yes. Several of our players, yes. I'm going to hold on to the fact that Heupel needs time to change this roster and clear out any of those who don't fit the vision of what he's trying to do. I'm also hoping that he'll recognize any on this staff who aren't getting the job done and do what's needed after the season. I'll appreciate the end of some streaks and some great wins, but if this season ends as I expect it to, it will be a disappointment not so much due to the fact that we "only" have 9 wins, but in terms of what we lost above and beyond individual games. Perception, respect, recruiting, etc. So much good will down the drain unless we somehow find a way to get just 2 more wins this year. Of course, we needed just "2 more wins" to have a shot at the gold ring and fell flat on our collective faces so I'm far from optimistic.

Every UT fan, on this site, was talking about UT boatracing SC because they were hot garbage. They had no offense or defense and the game was gonna be a pushover. It seems a large portion of our players thought the same thing and thought SC was gonna just lay down. I tend to believe this version of the story. We are no where ready to challange anyone for a National Championship in Heupel's second year. It's gonna take more than two years to build a National Championship team.

If Banks missed a Monday practice unexcused, got chewed by Heupel and didn't like it so he ended up being told or choosing that he was sitting, and that threw off the team's preparation for the game during the week, I can buy it.

But we were 21pt favorites and lost by more than that. Short of the team spending the whole week in Tijuana drunk and staying in a brothel, there's more than just a "bad week of game preparation" going on.
A week in a Mexican brothel might do wonders for this team.

Could be true.

Welcome back JB!

Both Marlon Walls and Sterling Henton said it so I think I’ll put a wee bit more credibility in them knowing a little something about something than a bunch of pot stirrers across social media. It’s not like either of the actually know Banks or anything. They are also probably sources for Hyams on this as well. 😁

Reactions: Jax_Vol
Tennessee football: Dissecting the Jeremy Banks rumors

Looks like Jeremy Banks had an altercation with Hendon Hooker during practice...and Jeremy Banks may have voluntarily decided to sit out the USCjr game because he was still upset. Reading between the lines of CJH press conference, he said hopefully the loss stings for those that did not make the game.

Sucks to see UT's great season end in this manner :(
Amazing anyone believes this trash. But here we are

True and we never got a good explanation for letting him return to the team in the first place after insinuating violence towards police yet here we are.

Nobody is perfect, and some even less so than others. But the mark of a true humane (whether Christian or not) is the ability to forgive, and do so without holding a grudge. So I'm inclined to look at myself first, before I judge him or anyone else. To look yourself in the eye, and admit, that there but for the grace of God, go I. That is a hard row to hoe.

Last edited:
At the very least an itchy jock would be a somewhat acceptable excuse for the whiffs and lame arm tackle attempts we witnessed Saturday night.🤷‍♀️
All the rumors notwistanding, I believe the root cause of the poor defensive performance was more between their ears than between their legs. And that includes coaching too.

Yes, we had fights all the time in practice. I think the coaches wanted us to fight. It shows spirit. Boys will be boys.

We need an Al Wilson on the team. Unfortunately, an Al Wilson type is a once a lifetime thing.
fixed

Reactions: Jax_Vol
The idea that Banks being withheld for discipline is the reason we got destroyed is so ridiculous it boggles my mind.

VN Store

Back