Wanya Morris In the transfer portal

Well you idiots are getting what you wanted. You hate the coach so much you wanted drastic things to hsppen so he would be fired. You must be so happy, brava!
Speaking of idiots, fix the one in the mirror if you are defending the job JP has done at UT, then get back to us. I’ll hang up and listen, I’m sure that’s a phrase you’ve repeated often.

In the transfer portal.

Sad

You will see a number of players enter the portal. Not just Tennessee players. Most of the players that enter will be players who have felt they have not been given the chance to start or have been having to share the position because they couldn't win the position outright. The later is the reason Wayna is leaving, imo. Plus, I think he had a good relationship with Oline Coach Friend. The slow process to get a new Oline coach probably hasn't helped as well. I don't like losing any player that has contributed like Morris has. I wish him well as long as he doesn't go to a rival. He struggled with the SEC speed he faced each week.

This year the portal is basically a free agency for college players. WE are not the only school seeing players enter the portal. But, Morris is the first player to enter the portal, who was in a position to battle to be a starter next season. You can argue Shrout was too but I think he saw the writing on the wall that QB was Bailey's to lose. The only reason he was in the rotation this year was due to the lack of practice time for Bailey in the Spring and Fall.

Let's just hope we don't lose too many key players. GBO

Reactions: 89 VOLS grad
We are so screwed

Pruitt is a disaster

TN better fire Pruitt before the roster is completely decimated! This many losses on the roster can take several years to replace due to max # of yearly signees!

Last edited:
You will see a number of players enter the portal. Not just Tennessee players. Most of the players that enter will be players who have felt they have not been given the chance to start or have been having to share the position because they couldn't win the position outright. The later is the reason Wayna is leaving, imo. Plus, I think he had a good relationship with Oline Coach Friend. The slow process to get a new Oline coach probably hasn't helped as well. I don't like losing any player that has contributed like Morris has. I wish him well as long as he doesn't go to a rival. He struggled with the SEC speed he faced each week.

This year the portal is basically a free agency for college players. WE are not the only school seeing players enter the portal. But, Morris is the first player to enter the portal, who was in a position to battle to be a starter next season. You can argue Shrout was too but I think he saw the writing on the wall that QB was Bailey's to lose. The only reason he was in the rotation this year was due to the lack of practice time for Bailey in the Spring and Fall.

Let's just hope we don't lose too many key players. GBO

Wanya was a 5 star recruit. He struggled because Friend and Pruitt suck!

Reactions: Border Vol
TN better fire Pruitt before the roster is completely decimated! This many losses on the roster can tell several years to replace due to max # of yearly signees!
This isn't a normal year. Some was seniors and we kept some and no one lost a year of eligibility.

This isn't a normal year. Some was seniors and we kept some and no one lost a year of eligibility.

Can only sign 25 players.... So 10+ players leaving the program will take several years to replace. The issue is not eligibility.

TN better fire Pruitt before the roster is completely decimated! This many losses on the roster can tell several years to replace due to max # of yearly signees!

So, do you think we will have more players in the portal if Pruitt stays than if we fire him? Like to hear the backup you have on that. Change has always had a cost, this year could have the most nationally, not just at UT with all of the transfer trends. Not saying it should be a factor in the decision, in fact I am saying it should not be a factor. You just have to live with the results. But lots of kids will be loyal to their position coaches and if they feel betrayed by the decision may vote with their feet. Just a bigger part of the equation this year. If you only have a year or two left, getting a chance to go to some stability of staff and scheme could be really enticing. It is a new world out there. Unfortunately the better they are the more opportunities they will have.

Reactions: tbones0711
No the players are frustrated because they still love CJP and have said they can't stand the lack of support from the university and fans. It's really amazing talking to kids and hearing their views on UT once they get here. Morris could stay if they go ahead and nix this fake investigation and just report the secondary violation like most do. What does it say to the athletes when the powers that be and the fans make them feel like they are against them and their coach?
So you are saying that the players are inspired to play for Pruitt and don't mind losing?

If they "love" CJP then their play definitely does not show it. They show virtually no passion. They don't even show shame for being blown out by the likes of UK. If anything.... this amounts to testimony AGAINST Pruitt.

I took heat for saying the same thing. The mass exodus of players is just as telling as this “investigation”. This is going to set us back years.
Yea. I'm not sure how Pruitt's supporters can avoid the simple fact that UT may not have a roster even if he's kept. Then we get to hear 3 years of excuses about how UT is thin and needs more recruiting classes to "catch up" to UK and Vandy.

Can only sign 25 players.... So 10+ players leaving the program will take several years to replace. The issue is not eligibility.
The only caveat is that we do not know how many guys will stay for the extra year of eligibility. However if the attrition continues at this rate even that won't matter.

I thought most of the players love Pruitt, think it’s definitely more likely he thinks/knows Pruitt is done.
I never really liked my HS coach. But I was glad we had him because he knew how to win. I really liked my HS baseball coach but was glad when they finally replaced him with someone who knew how to win. Maybe you are right... but it is a really bad statement on both the player and the coach if you are.

I never took a shot at you, but this is the first potential transfer that mattered.
I disagree. Several transferred who were at a minimum experienced depth. Thanks for not taking shots...

This ship is sinking quick. Someone better make a decision and remove the uncertainty. If he stays there will be costs. If he goes then there could be costs depending on who the replacement is, how quickly he's hired, and how well he recruits players back into the fold.

I disagree. Several transferred who were at a minimum experienced depth. Thanks for not taking shots...

This ship is sinking quick. Someone better make a decision and remove the uncertainty. If he stays there will be costs. If he goes then there could be costs depending on who the replacement is, how quickly he's hired, and how well he recruits players back into the fold.
It’s never as good or as dire as we make it seem.

These kids are going through a lot and I think for some, the importance of football has been diminished. Social, political, medical issues across our country has been brought to the forefront of young college minds that want to make a difference in those areas.
Maybe it doesn’t have anything to do with anything, but it can’t be ruled out either.

The portal is really getting out of hand. It's going to turn college football into just a bunch of mercenaries transferring around. Even free agency in the NFL is limited more than this.

These kids are going through a lot and I think for some, the importance of football has been diminished. Social, political, medical issues across our country has been brought to the forefront of young college minds that want to make a difference in those areas.
Maybe it doesn’t have anything to do with anything, but it can’t be ruled out either.
They aren’t quitting football

Could just as easily be a sign that Wanya thinks he's going to stay and has lost hope of the program improving with Pruitt. In fact... that might be more likely. If a new coach is brought in then he will likely recruit Morris to stay. Morris' decision to leave is with Pruitt as his coach.

Please tell us HOW YOU KNOW this!

Yes, ALL 5 STAR PLAYERS always develop into studs in college and go on to do well in the NFL......NOT!

He hasn't developed because Friend can't coach a lick..... So I guess you are one of those sheep that see player development across the board under Pruitt and his staff..........

VN Store

Back