Wanya Morris In the transfer portal

I'd say losing Deandre Johnson is pretty big as well.

Shrout and Brandon Johnson were significant losses, but more expected given their positions on the depth chart.

Morris leaving looks more damning IMO.
I wasn't overly concerned about Deandre because it seemed like his production was pretty much offset by the bone head penalties he acquired.

No the players are frustrated because they still love CJP and have said they can't stand the lack of support from the university and fans. It's really amazing talking to kids and hearing their views on UT once they get here. Morris could stay if they go ahead and nix this fake investigation and just report the secondary violation like most do. What does it say to the athletes when the powers that be and the fans make them feel like they are against them and their coach?

Well....he is a terrible head coach so there is that

Reactions: dduncan4163
I think if I were in his shoes I might enter the portal as well. You don't have a position coach, and you've heard publicly confirmed that the university is not letting the head coach get you a position coach. And factor in your head coach may be gone any day now. I would probably enter the portal just to look around and let the rest of the world know I'm receiving offers. Doesn't mean you have to actually leave. You can wait and see what the University does.

Did anybody see this one coming or were there any indicators that this might happen? It’s easy to flippantly say “who dat”
Or “was going to be buried on the depth chart “ but this one is really a nut punch .

SIAA but don’t want to read through 11 pages to find out .

No the players are frustrated because they still love CJP and have said they can't stand the lack of support from the university and fans. It's really amazing talking to kids and hearing their views on UT once they get here. Morris could stay if they go ahead and nix this fake investigation and just report the secondary violation like most do. What does it say to the athletes when the powers that be and the fans make them feel like they are against them and their coach?
If the administration had worked quickly and fired Pruitt instead of dragging this out, a new coach could have tried to stem the tide of departures. some may have still left, but at least they would know what the future looks like. Of course, this is presuming that they have a coach on the hook to take over.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Against them??

Kids are ignorant is the answer.

They get emotionally invested because their coach has put time and effort into them. They don't even think to consider how much their coach actually sucks at his job...

Wanya played like trash this year. He needs to reevaluate a lot of things.

Against them??

Kids are ignorant is the answer.

They get emotionally invested because their coach has put time and effort into them. They don't even think to consider how much their coach actually sucks at his job...

Wanya played like trash this year. He needs to reevaluate a lot of things.
Or maybe his injury in the MO game was more severe than we realized ? I seriously don’t know but I do remember it looked nasty when it happened and he missed the Bama game .
Edit - did further research
He also missed a lot of preseason practice time from a hip injury and had some sort of injury during the sc game that caused him to leave the game early

Well you idiots are getting what you wanted. You hate the coach so much you wanted drastic things to hsppen so he would be fired. You must be so happy, brava!
It's pretty obvious that Jeremy Pruitt is a freaking lousy head football coach. It's time for him to leave Tennessee and go back to what he would rather be doing that is being defensive coordinator at Alabama.

Reactions: igotworms
Well you idiots are getting what you wanted. You hate the coach so much you wanted drastic things to hsppen so he would be fired. You must be so happy, brava!
Yeah bc he’s given us so many reasons to like him. If you’re content with the results you’ve seen go be a Vandy fan they’re ok with being hot garbage just like you appear to be

VN Store

Back