UT fan falling from upper deck? (Merged)

Nobody give s a rat's as what you say happened and your speculation. What part of that do you not get? The bottom line is a young adult is dead and his family is suffering.

Right. Wasn't speculation, though. Post was remedied. OK?

It's sad that you could see this thread going in the wrong direction pages ago.

Last edited:
Your a good man!!! I know our didn't mean any harm.

I didn't mean any harm, true. FYI, my Shirley saw the post and lit into me about it. Said and I agree, made the same boneheaded mistake Job's friends made so take the post down. Which I did. Apologies to Isaac's cousin. But also know I'm from a culture that tends to speak bluntly about things and we don't exercise the same level of tact as mainstream Americans. Still having knowledge of the cultural difference means I did know this and didn't follow the logical course of action. Which in this case would have been silence.

Maybe someone bought an extra, the young men in front me were comming back with beers two at a time about every 15 minutes. There was some rowdy folks there thats for sure.

Not necessary!!!! delete your post, please, I know your not being specific but it isnt an appropriate post at this time

Did I hear ESPN correct? The railing in the Ga Dome is 26" high and the minimum requirement is 33"

I think they said the requirement is 26", and the Dome is 33". I'm not sure why stadiums couldn't sacrifice a couple of rows in the front in order provide a safer barrier, and still allow seated people to be able to see over it.

I think they said the requirement is 26", and the Dome is 33". I'm not sure why stadiums couldn't sacrifice a couple of rows in the front in order provide a safer barrier, and still allow seated people to be able to see over it.

Simple...$$$$$$ .

Just saw his grandmother on the Nashville news.....pretty sad...she showed a framed letter and picture he had written to his grandfather when he was little....cops said he had been drinking BUT that he had not purchased beer inside the dome

Hey guys,

I was one of the first ones over there and tried to revive him. Took about 20-25 mins to get paramedics after yelling countless times. GA Dome handled it the worst way possible. They were more worried about taking us upset fans to jail than getting that man help.

Woodsman you should be ashamed of yourself for that post. Once again the circumstances of this are irrelevant. PLEASE STOP DISCUSSING THEM HERE. Have some respect for goodness sakes!!!!!

I'm sorry, but i don't understand this logic.

Where exactly do you suggest that we discuss such things.

This message board is designed for just such discussions. It isn't as if we are going to the young man's funeral and confronting things there, or as if we are openly harassing the family in any way.

Should the media not report things out of RESPECT as well?

Additionally, the fact that someone died does not excuse any behavior (not saying there was inappropriate behavior, i wasn't there) that may have led up to it.

The discussion of such things is natural, and to be expected, especially when so many know about it, but have very few facts.

No one has any problem at all in talking about the fact that the kid died, and that the stadium staff may have screwed up...but, you try and talk about how it happened and you are branded immoral?

Shame on you and your judgmental attitude.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I forgot the most important part of my post.

Yes, this is a tragedy, and no one deserves to go in this way.

I feel terribly sorry for the family, and hope they will find eventual relief for there unfathomable grief.

I first heard of this terrible accident tonight at the AU v Clem game. So so sad . Prayers to the familes involved and the Volnation.

I'm sorry, but i don't understand this logic.

Where exactly do you suggest that we discuss such things?

Shame on you and your judgmental attitude.

So your need to find a place that you can anonymously discuss these matters no matter how sensitive they might be are more important than showing respect to the family(that has openly posted in this thread)that has lost a loved one?????

Sickening selfish attitude!!!!

Last edited:
why not use plexiglass barriers of 36"?

I really wonder how much difference a few inches would mAke? It seems like somebody would have to really stumble already to go over the rail.

So your need to find a place that you can anonymously discuss these matters no matter how sensitive they might be are more important than showing respect to the family(that has openly posted in this thread)that has lost a loved one?????

Sickening selfish attitude!!!!
We're all very sorry about what happened. But I think we can still talk about it and still be respectful.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back