TOM BRADY > PEYTON MANNING. Who had the better career?

Not participating in picking anything against Peyton Manning.

Brady has had the better career. It is hard to argue when you look at Brady's trophy case and also, his career is not over. Brady does play for the best Organization/Coach in the NFL so it has been an easier path towards success. Both are clearly top five QBs all time. This is like a Kobe & Jordan comparison IMO. One is great but the other is greater.
Brady is a huge part of the reason why they're the best organization in the NFL.

Peyton Manning is the best QB of all time. Not the best arm, not the best legs, rarely supported by a strong defense, but when it comes to playing the QB position, nobody ever did it better. If championships are the final measure of a player on a team sport, then Bill Russell is better than Jordan and Lebron combined.

Well..... one is a 2 time SB champ while the other is a 6 time SB champ. Big difference right? NOPE! One did it the right way where the other benefited from 3 of his SBs coming under spy gate. One more under some deflated footballs and who knows what else he and Billicheck are up to now. They just haven’t been caught yet.

I truly think Manning was a better QB, overall. But, Tom Brady's career speaks for itself. Sorry haters! Your team and teammates are a big part of your "Career". Manning=best QB, Brady=Best Career.

Brady played 19 years. 16 times he was not selected NFL MVP. 16 times he was not selected All Pro.*

Manning played 17 years, won 5 NFL MVPs and 7 times All Pro.

Nobody has more than 3 NFL MVPs.

Manning is tied 1st with Otto Graham for All Pros. Next QB is Unitas at 5.

*All Pro = #1 Position Player in NFL.

Reactions: macrovol
My only question here would be, what if Peyton had played for Belichick? 😳
Not sure that relationship would’ve ever worked. Peyton strikes me as straight up kind of dude where Brady strikes me as the opposite and Belicheck needed a qb that was willing to “bend the rules” to be successful. Let’s not forget that Belichick was fired from the Browns because he couldn’t win. JS

Well..... one is a 2 time SB champ while the other is a 6 time SB champ. Big difference right? NOPE! One did it the right way where the other benefited from 3 of his SBs coming under spy gate. One more under some deflated footballs and who knows what else he and Billicheck are up to now. They just haven’t been caught yet.
Good grief! Do you honestly believe a puff of air was the sole reason for a 45-7 win? LULZ! Brady could've played with a Brunswick bowling ball and beaten the Colts.

Good grief! Do you honestly believe a puff of air was the sole reason for a 45-7 win? LULZ! Brady could've played with a Brunswick bowling ball and beaten the Colts.
I agree there. They didn’t need to do the things they’ve done. They play in the NFLs weakest division so they’re damn near guaranteed a playoff birth every year. The fact that they were caught as a result of Mangini asking Belicheck not to spy on him in week 1 ‘07 tells you they’ve been doing it long before it ever surfaced and within their own division as well. Did they need to cheat to beat the Dolphins, Jets or Bills? No. But they did anyway. Just like they did with the Colts.

The fact that they were caught as a result of Mangini asking Belicheck not to spy on him in week 1 ‘07 tells you they’ve been doing it long before it ever surfaced and within their own division as well.
Uh, you do know that it was then and still is now totally within the rules to record your opponents signals right?

Cool.

I've never been to the Cayman Islands but my mom and dad went on a scuba diving trip down there back in the late 70's, I was 10 or so. I remember the underwater pictures they took and talking about Cayman Brac, it wasn't very tourist friendly back then.

Anyway, that was the first "exotic" trip they ever took, when it's brought up I always remember that. Blah blah blah.

I enjoy diving. It's as close as I can get to those dreams about flying. I've vacationed at Cayman, but wasn't certified back then. It's certainly on my bucket list tho. To date, my favorites are Belize/the blue hole and Hawaii/manta and black water. Just awesome experiences.

Uh, you do know that it was then and still is now totally within the rules to record your opponents signals right?
There are so many people that need to dig a little deeper into the facts and DEPTH of spygate. It wasn’t just hand signals. If that were the case it wouldn’t bother me. They were video taping practices of opponents as well. There were 7 video tapes ordered to be destroyed by Rodger Goodell just days into the investigation, confiscated from Gillette Stadium. NFL reporters were sent a memo that reporting any “new info” on the scandal would be “career suicide”. Ever wonder why Goodell came down on Brady so hard over the under inflated footballs? Makes sense if he helped cover up spygate only to be presented with yet another “bend” of the rules by the same team. Not a big enough deal to warrant a 6 game suspension otherwise.

There’s a video on YouTube called “spygate. The untold story”. It’s a fairly long audio of interviews from a few years ago. Many of whom are now ex NFL employees/reporters. I think you and many others should look it up if you’re interested in knowing more than what you’re told by the media.

Now idk for a fact that these people are who they say they are in the audio but you can usually tell when a non professional is acting and it didn’t seem that way to me. If they were acting for the sake of the video then I’ll be the first to say we are all being sold short in the Box Office.

I think the question is "Who IS having the better career?" And with everything Peyton's doing the answer is PM!

This debate was fun when Manning was still playing.

Both are hall of famers. Brady will always get credit for most super bowls.

Manning will always get credit for smartest QB to ever play the game.

Brady is the most unathletic qb in the history of the nfl but he was fortunate to be drafted by the perfect team for him. One where he’s never had to make difficult throws never had to run or scramble for extra yards or throw deep balls to try and come from behind. He always had all the time in the world to stand there throwing three yard passes to wide open receivers. Pretty sure he would have been a backup on most other teams. Really don’t think he could go to any team and carry them like I think Peyton could (did) with four different coaches etc. Brady has done a super job playing within the boundaries of the New England system but don’t think he would get the same results elsewhere.

VN Store

Back