TOM BRADY > PEYTON MANNING. Who had the better career?

Bernie Williams has a more decorated career than Willie Mays. Does that make him a better player? Bill Russell had a more decorated career that Michael Jordan. Does that make him a better player? Roger Craig had a more decorated career than Walter Payton. Does that make him a better player? Tim Tebow had a better college career than Peyton. Does that make him a better player. This ridiculous argument that Brady’s team had 6 rings this he must be better is ludicrous. Why are they always Brady’s rings like he won them all by himself? ( ie last year - wow. He had so much to do with that victory.)

I'm with you...... This all began with me making the argument that I personally don't think TB is a better player than Peyton. And I've stated the reasons throughout the thread on why I believe that....with this being said, I also stated I didn't have a problem with people calling TB the goat because he is GREAT! However, during what I felt like was interesting discourse, I got called names, accused numerous times of propagating malicious activities, etc......making me revisit my decision to engage with strangers online about sports.....

Manning and Brady have the same average yards per completion in their career, 11.7. That number is good for 133rd all time.

Yards per completion is just as deceiving as yards per attempt. If you throw a 5 yard pass and the receiver runs for 15 yards the full 20 yards counts towards completion yards. I’m talking about yards per completion before yards after catch better known as ‘yards in the air’. It’s a true measure of the ‘real’ yards a qb is throwing the ball in the air. If you google this stat there is lots of info on it and I would be absolutely shocked if Brady’s yards in the air avg is the same as Manning’s. The qbs of the 70s - 90s had much higher averages because they had to throw the ball down the field without all of these cushy rules both Brady and Manning have played with. again good for Brady for making this type of system work and he’s been great at it but I’m sticking to my opinion that he’s basically a dink and dunk passer.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Yards per completion is just as deceiving as yards per attempt. If you throw a 5 yard pass and the receiver runs for 15 yards the full 20 yards counts towards completion yards. I’m talking about yards per completion before yards after catch better known as ‘yards in the air’. It’s a true measure of the ‘real’ yards a qb is throwing the ball in the air. If you google this stat there is lots of info on it and I would be absolutely shocked if Brady’s yards in the air avg is the same as Manning’s. The qbs of the 70s - 90s had much higher averages because they had to throw the ball down the field without all of these cushy rules both Brady and Manning have played with. again good for Brady for making this type of system work and he’s been great at it but I’m sticking to my opinion that he’s basically a dink and dunk passer.
Of course it’s a meaningless stat, but you were the one said you were more interested in yards per completion. All I did was provide you with the numbers that say that they’re equal.

Brady and Manning aside that kid in KC is the most physically talented QBs I have seen in a long time. Wow imagine what he would accomplish with a Belichick type regime.

Brady and Manning aside that kid in KC is the most physically talented QBs I have seen in a long time. Wow imagine what he would accomplish with a Belichick type regime.

Talent level is off the charts......hes gonna have to continue to grow mentally. NFL QB is the hardest position to play in all team sports IMO........we'll see.. He reminds me of Farve in his prime, right now....which is unbelievable

I could care less about yards per attempt. That stat is very misleading I am more interested in yards per completion and even more specifically ‘yards in the air’ or ‘yards before yards after catch’. Brady DOES mostly throw short passers and he has always gotten a ton on yards after the catch which inflates his yards per attempt (high completion % due to short low risk passes = better yards per ATTEMPT - see JGs stats from last year as an example - short passes inflated his completion % and his overall passer rating. Show me your stats on Brady for ‘yards in the air or yards before yards after completion’ and you will see he is at the lower end and Peyton is well ahead of him because he averaged longer passes. A typical Brady play is a 5 yard pass to a wide open receiver who runs for another 10 yards due to outstanding blocking schemes, skilled possession receivers and an oline that is in sink. I’m not going to argue with what others see but MY opinion is NOT going to change based on what I SEE- Brady mostly makes very short throws that do NOT have a high degree of difficulty. I don’t blame him for taking advantage of new rules and what defenses give him but he sure as heck is not the most skilled Qb to ever play and my opinion is that he would NOT have the same success on another mediocre or low level team.

That’s all I have to say liar.
I knew you would completely ignore the objective stat which doesn't lie and plod ahead with your willful lying. It really takes a determined liar to make a complete fool of himself even when presented, in front of thousands of people i.e. everyone reading this thread, with ineluctable proof that he has lied, to continue trumpeting his lie. You either have never watched a Patriots game, or you're just a willful liar. Brush up on Proverbs 12:22 and Revelation 21:8 when you get a chance - I know you think lies are just toys to have fun with, but they aren't.

Not been here in months and the first thread I open ends with someone defending the patriots system (which is a system, as we have seen literally several times now when Brady gets replaced by random Joe #46 and they still do just fine, or in Cassel's case break records) by trying to quote biblical passages that have absolutely nothing to do with the situation, on top of calling people names which is also literally the opposite of what the big dog in the new testament says to do.

Good ole volnation. Average person doesn't understand sports, and even more don't understand the religion they claim to follow, that also they claim tells them how to vote and why they're racist/xenophobic/sexist/homophobic/etc instead of just admitting their hypocritical ignorant fools who are definitiely not getting into any heaven if it does exist.

Reactions: keenobserver
Who had the better career overall? I know brady is still playing and isnt done. Is there any way we can say that Peyton had a better career? OR is he more of a mid tier Hall of Famer?

I think Peyton should win the Heisman. Yes, I'm still mad.

Who had the better career overall? I know brady is still playing and isnt done. Is there any way we can say that Peyton had a better career? OR is he more of a mid tier Hall of Famer?
Well Tom Brady is the best to ever play the game so dunno how we can compare Manning to him. Peyton is the best in our hearts I guess.

Well Tom Brady is the best to ever play the game so dunno how we can compare Manning to him. Peyton is the best in our hearts I guess.

There you go again. He has played on one of the most successful teams and that team has won 6 Super Bowls but to say he is the best to ever play the game is ridiculous and I hope you aren’t saying he’s the best player period. No way he’s better than jerry rice, Jim brown. Lawrence Taylor and many of the other greats.

There you go again. He has played on one of the most successful teams and that team has won 6 Super Bowls but to say he is the best to ever play the game is ridiculous and I hope you aren’t saying he’s the best player period. No way he’s better than jerry rice, Jim brown. Lawrence Taylor and many of the other greats.
No just the best QB. I didn’t buy it until I saw him in the falcons game. I was the biggest Manning supporter. You just can’t argue with his production. He just gets it done. Period.

No just the best QB. I didn’t buy it until I saw him in the falcons game. I was the biggest Manning supporter. You just can’t argue with his production. He just gets it done. Period.

Agree. Whether you like him or not (no secret that I can’t stand him as a human being) he certainly has come through in the clutch.

My fellow members of the “ Tom Brady Sucks “ Facebook group would all disagree. Here is one of my favorite pics:

Attachments

• C17385F2-A42F-4106-BCB2-FDA5662C9B37.jpeg
    C17385F2-A42F-4106-BCB2-FDA5662C9B37.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 1
Interesting how terrible Jimmy G is for the 49ers yet he looked like an mvp on NE. Interesting how terrible Cassle played once he left NE yet he played like an MVP for the Pats. Interesting how Brady was a very average QB in college and all of the sudden played better on the Pats. I will be a believer if I see him have the same success on another team. Until then I won’t completely be able to shed the ‘system Qb’ theory.

VN Store

Back