The Official Tennessee vs. #2 Alabama Game Thread, 3:30 ET, CBS

From 1989-2001, there was never a game where I didn't feel that we at least had a chance (with the possible exception of the Florida game in 1994). That is what is so hard about games like today... there isn't any room for hope. Playing too many of these will lead to apathy among the fan base.
The last 10 win season was in 2007.

Since 2010 we’ve had 5 wins or less in a season 5 times.

The last 10 win season was in 2007.

Since 2010 we’ve had 5 wins or less in a season 5 times.

And 2007 was disappointing since we got destroyed by both Florida and Alabama. Especially Alabama since they were unranked when we played, they killed us, then proceeded to tank including losing to LA-Monroe.

From 1989-2001, there was never a game where I didn't feel that we at least had a chance (with the possible exception of the Florida game in 1994). That is what is so hard about games like today... there isn't any room for hope. Playing too many of these will lead to apathy among the fan base.
I used to pity other fan bases and often wondered what even kept them going, especially against the mighty Vols where they had no chance. I never imagined that would turn around on us, but here we are. I wish I could see a reason for hope today, but like you and most others, I just can't set myself up for disappointment again. I'll watch the game and hopefully there will be some moments to cheer and celebrate, but I'm not going to get too worked up about the bad plays and let it ruin my whole day.

Go Vols!

Is anybody else just creating scenarios in their head over and over again where you see us finding a way to win? I just keep going to a happy place where every single bounce of the ball goes in our favor.

If you answer just leave out the JG stuff. We all know.

They shouldn't make us suffer through Gary Danielson while suffering through this game.....ugghhhhhh.
Sink your video to Cheggers and Tim on the computer audio. Much much better. Just pause the screen till audio sinks with ball being kicked off

Reactions: UTwild82
Is anybody else just creating scenarios in their head over and over again where you see us finding a way to win? I just keep going to a happy place where every single bounce of the ball goes in our favor.

If you answer just leave out the JG stuff. We all know.

I keep picturing everything going the Vols way until the end and Friday Night Lights starts

Just short.

Reactions: RDU VOL#14
Send dudes. Preferably dudes that can play the foosball

Attachments

• 6D3B467A-DFAF-4037-A5F3-1F888278F88D.jpeg
    6D3B467A-DFAF-4037-A5F3-1F888278F88D.jpeg
    143.9 KB · Views: 14
Reactions: zeppelin128
We have virtually no chance in hell of winning this game...but that's why they play the game.

I want to say X comes in and plays well while Y sits on the bench.

Receivers make a few plays to make you wonder

RBs run hard and with purpose

OL comes to play together and well but still miss blocks

DL makes you say things that make your mother and preacher blush but you’ll promise to be in that pew tomorrow if we get 1 sack

LBs cover ok ToTo makes some great plays but overall they get better as a unit

DBs cover well, Thompson and both safeties erase the field and play aggressive and physical

At the half I’ll get a snack.
They’ll come out and warmup

Things look great, we’re still confident, we’re together, you can hear Rocky Top in the distance you get hype, the echos start to stir, Neyland comes alive, Smokey is howling....

The opening drive of the second half Y comes out of the huddle. You still have hope, you believe that good things come to those who wait...

What’s the set: trips to the let, one to the rignt, one tight, single back flex.

It’s a three step. No problem. Simple.

The ball is snapped. It’s a beautiful play. Palmer is running free like a dog chasing a cat...

With a clean pocket you start to smile as the planets might just be aligned when Y loads up and let’s it fly...

It travels through the air like a roll of toilet paper in the wind and it’s headed toward Palmer.

And then you realize.

He’s running wide open only to be thrown 3 feet short and it’s coming the other way now..

And suddenly your reminded it’s 42-3 and you go back outside.

Reactions: waynechismforthre
I am going to a wedding... seems like a better idea and way more hopeful than watching TN get killed by BAMA today. I hope they put HB in and let him do what he can and learn...other freshmen start in this league all the time...it’s his turn now.

Reactions: firestorm

VN Store

Back