Solomon ruling And various politics for some reason

Lol, I don't really care or need to know how it works. Somebody said they heard he was going to announced as eligible yesterday. Does it not work in a manner that someone could tell someone else and they could tell someone else and someone would announce it?

So you believe that a coaching change is grounds for Martell's waiver and mitigating circumstances affected Fields overall health, come on man. I guess Luke Ford didn't word his waiver correctly, which was denied twice. NCAA approves waivers like they handout disciplinary actions for violations, unpredictable and inconsistent.

My guess is the process can be held up by the player’s current school if they want to. Smart was probably happy to get Fields out of UGA due to his diva attitude. On the flip side Harbaugh recently came out and said players who skip bowl games are hurting their legacy. That shows me he is a coach who expects 100% buy in from any kid that signs with him and will try to punish those who don’t buy in. He wants to make an example of Solomon leaving and is doing everything in his power to delay it.

I deserve the smackdowns. For whatever reason, I wasn't paying attention. While I was up at 3:30AM prepping to take the wife to the airport, that's no excuse for such a blatant blunder.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
I don’t understand this. The whole point of the transfer portal was to give the player the power to transfer without having to notify the head coach and administration and without asking for permission. Thought it was supposed to empower the player and streamline the process. So how can the coach where he’s transferring from have any power, any say in the decision. What am I missing here? Is there an element involved that I’m not understanding?
If you have graduated and have eligibility left you can transfer anywhere without having to sit a year. If you have not graduated you must sit out a year if you transfer. To be eligible immediately you must apply for a waiver from the NCAA Clearinghouse, now called NCAA Eligibility center. Waivers are granted on a case by case situation. Each case is reviewed individually for EVERY sport, not just football. The player portal helps players because it allows them to let coaches in their respective sports know all of their grade transcripts and contact information thus making it easier for the player to find a new home. The portal is simply an information site that lists available student athletes, nothing else. It is not uncommon for athletes to be declared eligible AFTER their seasons have started. I personally believe that the NCAA waits till the last second to discourage getting sued. Any athlete that is denied can appeal the decision but what good does it do once their season has started?

Okay, tell me because I don't understand. How did this thread prove that 95% of the people here doesn't understand how it works.?
You've got posters saying that ex head coaches are holding up the process, folks claiming conspiracy theories that the NCAA only works for certain programs, one guy claimed Basillio said it was a clerical issue. People can claim all they want, the facts are that each case is reviewed individually and none of our brilliant posters even know the reasons the players have applied for transfer. Waivers are given for lots of reasons whether they be financial, health, family, culture, grades, coaching changes and such. The problem with the NCAA is that they seem to have no rhyme or reason in granting eligibility. It taking this long is not uncommon.

My guess is the process can be held up by the player’s current school if they want to. Smart was probably happy to get Fields out of UGA due to his diva attitude. On the flip side Harbaugh recently came out and said players who skip bowl games are hurting their legacy. That shows me he is a coach who expects 100% buy in from any kid that signs with him and will try to punish those who don’t buy in. He wants to make an example of Solomon leaving and is doing everything in his power to delay it.
A coach can't deny a transfer, he can only state his side of the story. Coach interviews are part of the review process by the NCAA. There are always 2 sides to a story, the NCAA determines which side they believe. Coach Harbaugh can be as petty as he wants and it would have ZERO effect on what the clearinghouse decides.

Lol, I don't really care or need to know how it works. Somebody said they heard he was going to announced as eligible yesterday. Does it not work in a manner that someone could tell someone else and they could tell someone else and someone would announce it?
The decision is made public pretty quickly once it has been announced. You'll know within a couple of hours of when the school finds out.

We deserve a break.
If any school or fan base deserved to win a close call, its us.
Come on, NCAA, throw the Vols a little Love here. 🙏
Solomon won’t mean we will win the East but it will make our defense a little better.

So you believe that a coaching change is grounds for Martell's waiver and mitigating circumstances affected Fields overall health, come on man. I guess Luke Ford didn't word his waiver correctly, which was denied twice. NCAA approves waivers like they handout disciplinary actions for violations, unpredictable and inconsistent.
I have no idea what each of those players requested. Any head coaching change is under the guidelines of allowing a transfer which easily explains Martells waiver, I'm sure that Fields was granted a waiver because of the racial incident, I've got no clue who Ford is but if he got turned down twice then the NCAA determined that he was transferring for personal gain most likely.

Reactions: 08Vol
You've got posters saying that ex head coaches are holding up the process, folks claiming conspiracy theories that the NCAA only works for certain programs, one guy claimed Basillio said it was a clerical issue. People can claim all they want, the facts are that each case is reviewed individually and none of our brilliant posters even know the reasons the players have applied for transfer. Waivers are given for lots of reasons whether they be financial, health, family, culture, grades, coaching changes and such. The problem with the NCAA is that they seem to have no rhyme or reason in granting eligibility. It taking this long is not uncommon.

Lol, this is what we do on a message board. Someone provided a link about Harbaugh. What's your proof its all false?

What's your proof its not favoritism over other schools. It sure as hell looks like some schools get treated different. Where is your proof that's a lie?

"None of our brilliant posters know". Pretty arrogant, especially when you don't know either.

It seems to be uncommon this year.

If you have graduated and have eligibility left you can transfer anywhere without having to sit a year. If you have not graduated you must sit out a year if you transfer. To be eligible immediately you must apply for a waiver from the NCAA Clearinghouse, now called NCAA Eligibility center. Waivers are granted on a case by case situation. Each case is reviewed individually for EVERY sport, not just football. The player portal helps players because it allows them to let coaches in their respective sports know all of their grade transcripts and contact information thus making it easier for the player to find a new home. The portal is simply an information site that lists available student athletes, nothing else. It is not uncommon for athletes to be declared eligible AFTER their seasons have started. I personally believe that the NCAA waits till the last second to discourage getting sued. Any athlete that is denied can appeal the decision but what good does it do once their season has started?
Thanks for that info, am aware of all of it. I’m just asking why the prior head coach/administration/university had any say whatsoever in the transfer? Why would they be consulted and why would their opinion be given any weight in the process like the suggest Harbsugh’s feedback has been given?

I understand that an undergrad can transfer and has to sit out for a year unless granted an NCAA waiver, that’s elementary, we all know that. I’m just baffled to read in that article that Harbaugh, or any other coach who has a player transferring from their program, can possibly hold up the process. Again, I’m certain that I heard the reason the transfer portal was implemented was to empower the athlete in the transfer process, so that he wouldn’t have to ask for permission to do so from his head coach/the university.

Here’s a quote from SI.com....

“In 2018, the NCAA instituted a new rule allowing Division I athletes to add their names to a "transfer portal" without permission from the program.

Entering the NCAA transfer portal is a necessary first step for any athlete who wishes to transfer to another institution. Once an athlete decides to transfer and is added to the database, any coach can contact the athlete. The process is now in the hands of athletes–past situations where universities blocked talented players from leaving are no longer permissible. However, schools are now allowed to cancel the scholarships of players at the end of the semester in which they expressed their intent to transfer.”

Lol, this is what we do on a message board. Someone provided a link about Harbaugh. What's your proof its all false?

What's your proof its not favoritism over other schools. It sure as hell looks like some schools get treated different. Where is your proof that's a lie?

"None of our brilliant posters know". Pretty arrogant, especially when you don't know either.

Please show me one case where schools are being treated better than other schools? Some schools do get different treatment and its generally because of the compliance departments they have. My guess is that schools like Alabama, Ohio State and other top power 5 programs have a better compliance department than say MTSU or Tennessee Tech. Lawyers scare the NCAA, especially when they have the goods on the NCAA. Lots of legal jargon in those transfer requests and some lawyers are better than others.

giphy.gif

Thanks for that info, am aware of all of it. I’m just asking why the prior head coach/administration/university had any say whatsoever in the transfer? Why would they be consulted and why would their opinion be given any weight in the process like the suggest Harbsugh’s feedback has been given?

I understand that an undergrad can transfer and has to sit out for a year unless granted an NCAA waiver, that’s elementary, we all know that. I’m just baffled to read in that article that Harbaugh, or any other coach who has a player transferring from their program, can possibly hold up the process. Again, I’m certain that I heard the reason the transfer portal was implemented was to empower the athlete in the transfer process, so that he wouldn’t have to ask for permission to do so from his head coach/the university.

Here’s a quote from SI.com....

“In 2018, the NCAA instituted a new rule allowing Division I athletes to add their names to a "transfer portal" without permission from the program.

Entering the NCAA transfer portal is a necessary first step for any athlete who wishes to transfer to another institution. Once an athlete decides to transfer and is added to the database, any coach can contact the athlete. The process is now in the hands of athletes–past situations where universities blocked talented players from leaving are no longer permissible. However, schools are now allowed to cancel the scholarships of players at the end of the semester in which they expressed their intent to transfer.”
That article is opinion, the past head coach can't hold up the process. The past head coach is often interviewed so that the NCAA can hear both sides of the story. A glowing review by the past coach would likely help the player out but in the end it's not that hard to tell if the player has a legal argument or not.

Reactions: 08Vol
Please show me one case where schools are being treated better than other schools?
Some schools do get different treatment and its generally because of the compliance departments they have.
My guess is
that schools like Alabama, Ohio State and other top power 5 programs have a better compliance department than say MTSU or Tennessee Tech. Lawyers scare the NCAA, especially when they have the goods on the NCAA. Lots of legal jargon in those transfer requests and some lawyers are better than others.

I asked first.

I didn't ask for why they did, just said they do. But, You asked for me to please show you and I am with your own words and even telling you why.

Our brilliant posters guess better than you. IMO.

Reactions: jerrync

How do you know it's uncommon this year? How many athletes in other sports are currently waiting to hear if they are eligible or not this year?

How do you know its not?
Because we have student athletes in our service currently waiting to know if they are eligible or not. We have several every year that go through this. I'm guessing that you have never helped an athlete through the recruiting process and all the steps they have to take to be eligible.

Because we have student athletes in our service currently waiting to know if they are eligible or not. We have several every year that go through this. I'm guessing that you have never helped an athlete through the recruiting process and all the steps they have to take to be eligible.

Exactly what is going on with Solomon?

Exactly what is going on with Solomon?
His request for a waiver to be eligible this season is being reviewed. It could be a number of reasons, anything from school transcripts being held up, a legal matter or they simply have not gotten to him yet. There is no way of knowing as the NCAA has never made that info public knowledge.

VN Store

Back