Solomon ruling And various politics for some reason

I don’t understand this. The whole point of the transfer portal was to give the player the power to transfer without having to notify the head coach and administration and without asking for permission. Thought it was supposed to empower the player and streamline the process. So how can the coach where he’s transferring from have any power, any say in the decision. What am I missing here? Is there an element involved that I’m not understanding?
Man, I thought the exact same thing. Weird deal here.

Reactions: KBVol
Harbaugh, even though I think he's a good coach, is a whiny b!tch. It wouldn't surprise me if he is contributing in holding up Solomon's clearance.

Harbaugh being a whiny b!tch is the one thing that keeps him from being a good coach. And no question, he is holding it up. By inactive methods at least, and by active contributing likely.

Man, I thought the exact same thing. Weird deal here.

I was thinking the same, until I put two and two together on this. If you look at all the coaches in NCAA D-1 programs, who would you think would be most likely to do something like this? If Harbaugh isn't in your top 5, you haven't seen enough video on him. How he carries himself on the sidelines and in interviews. The man can be a 5 star jerk. He is right up there with Saban in that respect.

Reactions: 08Vol
I don’t understand this. The whole point of the transfer portal was to give the player the power to transfer without having to notify the head coach and administration and without asking for permission. Thought it was supposed to empower the player and streamline the process. So how can the coach where he’s transferring from have any power, any say in the decision. What am I missing here? Is there an element involved that I’m not understanding?

If you are a grad transfer, yes. However Solomon is not a grad transfer.

Reactions: 08Vol
I was thinking the same, until I put two and two together on this. If you look at all the coaches in NCAA D-1 programs, who would you think would be most likely to do something like this? If Harbaugh isn't in your top 5, you haven't seen enough video on him. How he carries himself on the sidelines and in interviews. The man can be a 5 star jerk. He is right up there with Saban in that respect.

If he does not figure out a way to get a W over Ohio St. he is going to be a 5 star jerk somewhere else.

His only mistake was starting a new thread, instead of just posting what he had to say in the player thread where the transfer was already being discussed.

Agreed! And I wouldn’t have if I woulda known it was being discussed elsewhere. The excitement got the best of me. I didn’t search for that discussion, I get on here for recruiting and practice reports... 90% of the other stuff is just people b*******

I don't see why the NCAA should ask the previous coaching staff for anything other than if the kid was a good student at the time there. If they say anything other than yes, which could be proven by transcripts then the previous school should have no say in this. Seriously if they can show that this coach is just a prick to kids leaving then they need to ignore what that coach says and rule on the kids application reasons.

You are expecting the NCAA to be reasonable about this? It all depends on who is pulling their strings.

I guess he had to make a case for immediate eligibility and the NCAA has to see if his case merits it. The portal didn't help much at all.

Reactions: 08Vol and tn4elvis
Never though I would type this but, GO BUCKEYES.

HAAHAHA!
I have said before when you are in a position of power, whether it be a coach, leader, boss, or politician it is not a popularity contest. It is about serving your people well and doing what you were hired to do. With that being said, I simply do not like that fool and hope he falls on his face! I have a ton of respect for the big house nation but they have bonafide jerk running their program.

Agreed! And I wouldn’t have if I woulda known it was being discussed elsewhere. The excitement got the best of me. I didn’t search for that discussion, I get on here for recruiting and practice reports... 90% of the other stuff is just people b*******
Totally get it. I would imagine it happened plenty in years past, and that's why Freak asks posters to check before posting.

Believe me, we ALL wish your info was the big announcement. This whole thing sucks.

At some point, one would think the staff needs to cut the reps Solomon is getting and give the work to the players who are eligible. If he's still not eligible by the end of this week, I think it's time to move on.
Why? This is not uncommon with the NCAA and CJM has already stated that everyone gets the same amount of work regardless of their eligibility status.

All your op did was prove that 99% of our fanbase really has no idea how the NCAA eligibility center works.

All your op did was prove that 99% of our fanbase really has no idea how the NCAA eligibility center works.
The NCAA doesn't even know how the NCAA eligibility center works. Joking aside, there is no standard. Tate Martell and Justin Fields are good examples of how the NCAA has a no standard for waivers, they just pick and choose based on however they feel in the moment and those possible outside influences, Jim Harbaugh?

The NCAA doesn't even know how the NCAA eligibility center works. Joking aside, there is no standard. Tate Martell and Justin Fields are good examples of how the NCAA has a no standard for waivers, they just pick and choose based on however they feel in the moment and those possible outside influences, Jim Harbaugh?
Not true

So you believe that a coaching change is grounds for Martell's waiver and mitigating circumstances affected Fields overall health, come on man. I guess Luke Ford didn't word his waiver correctly, which was denied twice. NCAA approves waivers like they handout disciplinary actions for violations, unpredictable and inconsistent.

Reactions: VolInNorthCack

VN Store

Back