SEC Commissioner concerned about football being played this year : CBS

Is that the same Dr. Fauci who lied to the public about masks.

I want to make it clear, as all of these discussions are about football, that I (personally) am not looking at this through the prism of football.

I am looking at this through the prism of “if we can’t do “x”, what else can’t we do”.

And what are the ramifications of that.

Because if 16 people can’t be on a baseball diamond (fielders, base coaches, batters, umpires), then logically, there’s a whole hell of a lot we can’t do.

And we can not continue to operate like this.

With all that in mind, if it’s too dangerous to play football or another athletic event, how is it not too dangerous to open up a school? And you can extend that logic over and over.

But, from the very beginning, we (as a country) have said one thing and then made exceptions to it on a whim and it’s usually political. What stores are open or not open. Whether churches are open or not open. Who can gather for a protest or not gather for a protest.

We pay attention to one set of numbers and not another. Example, everyone attributes the increase in not wearing masks to the higher cases recently and puts that on a certain group of people who largely make up The constituents of one political party who are “mask deniers”. Yet, increased numbers are heavily out of balance toward younger people and minorities who make up and comprise the other political party. Everyone takes numbers and sees what they want to zing the other guy. We don’t even know if masks, BLM protests, or opening up have a damn thing to do with the increased numbers. I can tell you that if you walk into a clinic right now for third degree burns from a kitchen fire, they are testing you for Covid-19

Im just concerned about destroying the economy and damn near everything else due to people playing politics or claiming to be an expert while throwing **** at a wall and hoping it sticks
They can probably play the games but whether 100k people can be there is another matter...my guess is that what happens when the NBA starts will go along way towards determining if 22 people can play a contact sport and not have so many outbreaks that they can’t field a team for the whole schedule....

They can probably play the games but whether 100k people can be there is another matter...my guess is that what happens when the NBA starts will go along way towards determining if 22 people can play a contact sport and not have so many outbreaks that they can’t field a team for the whole schedule....

Best case scenario that I can see is a 1918 type season where some schools choose to opt out and those that do play end up only playing around 4, maybe 5 games. Even if every precaution is taken, there will inevitably be an outbreak at some point that could cause some teams to have to cancel 2 or 3 games.

No fans in the stands of course and likely no post season. Just enough games for some of the better juniors and seniors to put together some more game tape for NFL scouts to evaluate. Most realistic scenario at this point, however, is that there is no season. JMO

I wouldn't trust Fauci to tell me if the sky is blue. He needs to go away.
That was a half hearted attempt at being funny. Kinda like people that like to bash a certain quarterback, in the end I think you put the best you have on the field. I want this stuff to be gone as much as you. Don't want anything shut down again. I hope the world finds a guru to get on top of this. Actually bought a few season tickets for the 1st time in 16yrs hoping to go to a couple of games. We will have to agree to disagree on zero chances of players being effected , long term or permanently and the demos of death in this country, not the world. Hope to see you in Neyland this fall and argue over a hotdog. probably not gonna pay $8 for a bad beer though.

Reactions: norrislakevol
And that's why people should pay attention to people educated in this and not you and me. I don't pretend to know what this thing is going to do or who it's going to sicken or kill.
The next time there is a consensus among the experts will be the first. What we DO know is that young & healthy people have a greater chance of being struck by lightning twice than dying from Covid19.

And that's why people should pay attention to people educated in this and not you and me. I don't pretend to know what this thing is going to do or who it's going to sicken or kill.

I agree the experts should know, however, many of the experts disagree. So which experts do you believe??

Reactions: feathersax
91% recovery rate, but please continue your propaganda.

Currently it is almost 99% recovery rate. Recovery rate when it first started was closer to your 91%, but theraputic care has improved along with more testing finding out many people with no symptoms had covid19

I didn’t realize thousands of employees at multiple hospitals spread across the country are all coordinating to spread the same lie.
I can't speak to most others, but I'm in management for a hospital system that hasn't been close to being overwhelmed, and we've had multiple employees go to the news saying that we were A) out of beds, B) out of masks/PPE, C) out of sanitization chemicals. All were not just false, but very, very far from the truth. Dunno why they did it, but I can say first hand I've seen quite a few do it. Being "out of ICU beds" doesn't mean much, every hospital in the country prepared 3-5x that capacity of surge space and stocked up on equipment and supplies when this started.

I can't speak to most others, but I'm in management for a hospital system that hasn't been close to being overwhelmed, and we've had multiple employees go to the news saying that we were A) out of beds, B) out of masks/PPE, C) out of sanitization chemicals. All were not just false, but very, very far from the truth. Dunno why they did it, but I can say first hand I've seen quite a few do it. Being "out of ICU beds" doesn't mean much, every hospital in the country prepared 3-5x that capacity of surge space and stocked up on equipment and supplies when this started.

Not denying your unique experience, but there is truth on both sides of this argument. Are most people - me being one - going to have an easy time with COVID if they are infected? YES. Are there far too many other Americans with underlying health conditions and/or are elderly that have a horrible time with COVID that includes intubation and possible death? YES. It’s not a giant conspiracy like some tin foil hat wearers swear it is, but it is a unique situation that includes lots of overreacting and misguided actions on both sides.

Reactions: Delmar and 08Vol
thats the 64000 dollar question -- why do they lie about it ?

Reactions: feathersax
Not denying your unique experience, but there is truth on both sides of this argument. Are most people - me being one - going to have an easy time with COVID if they are infected? YES. Are there far too many other Americans with underlying health conditions and/or are elderly that have a horrible time with COVID that includes intubation and possible death? YES. It’s not a giant conspiracy like some tin foil hat wearers swear it is, but it is a unique situation that includes lots of overreacting and misguided actions on both sides.
The worst thing that's come of all of this, we're seeing, is we've kicked so many "non-urgent" procedures down the road (like removal of tumors, gallstones, herniated discs) that they're all becoming emergencies now. Our hospitals are in real danger of being overrun with emergencies for things that should have been fixed as preventative/elective surgeries before they got worse.

thats the 64000 dollar question -- why do they lie about it ?

Once you buy into a conspiracy, there’s no getting out of it. Even the people who present you with facts to counter the conspiracy are seen as part of the conspiracy. This is how people end up in isolated cabins in Wyoming stockpiling weapons and wearing the same clothes for months

Ignorant people don’t listen to experts

Things get worse

Ignorant people get called out not listening to experts

Ignorant people complain about people calling them out for doing the wrong thing
Are you working currently?
Have you been to a store?
Have you worn a mask every time?
Have you been on vacation?
Don't lie

Reactions: 508mikey

VN Store

Back