SEC Commissioner concerned about football being played this year : CBS

Just band-aid it, pull it right off and get it over with.

In all seriousness though, I hope some of you who have openly cheered on the virus for the season to be canceled realize real people are effected by this and towns will be devastated. Knoxville as big as it is will take a huge blow

In all seriousness though, I hope some of you who have openly cheered on the virus for the season to be canceled realize real people are effected by this and towns will be devastated. Knoxville as big as it is will take a huge blow

Who did that?

Yeah it sucks because the whole country will feel the burden. All the travel such as airlines. Resturaunts ,stores ,hotels. Small businesses. So many other things that rely on college football. Its a tough situation all the way around.

Yeah it sucks because the whole country will feel the burden. All the travel such as airlines. Resturaunts ,stores ,hotels. Small businesses. So many other things that rely on college football. Its a tough situation all the way around.
It will atrify the entirety of the sport and that has significant ripple effects.

Also, the same would apply to musicians. Concerts gone.

As someone who lost two people very close to me including my grandfather who should have had quite a few years left I've never cheered on the virus. I've mourned it. I've also mourned the spread of idiocy and misinformation I've read daily on what was once my favorite web site to visit. I was praying for college football to happen so hopefully it would get my mind off things I've had to go through. But I also don't want anyone to go through these same things because proper caution wasn't used. Flame away, anyone who would like to. I really don't care.

As someone who lost two people very close to me including my grandfather who should have had quite a few years left I've never cheered on the virus. I've mourned it. I've also mourned the spread of idiocy and misinformation I've read daily on what was once my favorite web site to visit. I was praying for college football to happen so hopefully it would get my mind off things I've had to go through. But I also don't want anyone to go through these same things because proper caution wasn't used. Flame away, anyone who would like to. I really don't care.
Didn't call you out for cheering on the virus, did I?

Weaklings. Complete weaklings. Americans have went from taming the wild west to being afraid of a virus with a 99% plus recovery rate. We should be embarrassed as an entire nation.

Hopefully, all the big donors here and at all the other colleges will get together and pull back all their donations and threaten to withhold all future donations if football isn't played.

It will go beyond just the cities. It will likely mean the cancellation of the remaining sports for 2020-2021 because there are going to major cash flow issues. Even within P5 you are going to see sports cuts, I expect the NCAA to reduce the number of sports required to be D1, and you may see entire athletic departments except for head coaches get furloughed for a calendar year. There will be no money coming in and the universities will not be in a position to back stop the damage due to their own issues (state funding cuts, layoffs/furloughs, depressed enrollment etc).

The writing is on the wall. I terminated all my add on sports packages with Sling this afternoon. Its only $25 or so a month but that money is as good to me as it is to ESPN/SEC.

Weaklings. Complete weaklings. Americans have went from taming the wild west to being afraid of a virus with a 99% plus recovery rate. We should be embarrassed as an entire nation.

Hopefully, all the big donors here and at all the other colleges will get together and pull back all their donations and threaten to withhold all future donations if football isn't played.
God that's a horrible take...I really hope a thought like that is just an ugly manifestation of your disappointment that we might not get football this year....If not, you come off looking like a not so great person.

Seems inevitable it just isn't gonna happen at this point. The financial fallout will be huge, but figuring out the logistics of playing any kind of season with the virus running rampant like it is now just doesn't seem possible.

Openly cheered on the virus? Who cheers a virus?

Reactions: NashVol11 and 08Vol

130k and counting is still a lot of dead people though but why worry about that...

This line of thinking helps to explain why the U.S. is failing so miserably in controlling this virus.

130k and counting is still a lot of dead people though but why worry about that...

Average age of death is 80 years old. That exceeds the average U.S. life expectancy. You can blame a decent chunk of that early on on the loser governors of New Jersey and New York who forced nursing homes to be exposed to COVID. Besides that, Alot of those supposed deaths shouldn't have been blamed on COVID. Alot of these people were dying anyways, and probably even died of cancer, pneumonia, ect, but because they tested positive for COVID it was listed as a COVID death.

To your point I read an article where the Mayor of Tuscaloosa indicates they may go broke.

Lol.

Yea, I'm sure the big donors can straighten this all out.

VN Store

Back