SEC Commissioner concerned about football being played this year : CBS

CDC disagrees with you. Said schools need to reopen yesterday on their site.
MSNBC was interviewing 5 doctors about kids going back to school and each one said they should. The MSNBC host then asked "without reservations?" and the reply was yes again. The expression on the host's face was awesome. Seems MSNBC needs to vet their experts better and make sure they know the company line before getting on air.

‘Absolutely' reopen schools: 5 of 5 pediatricians would send their kids back to class

Last edited:
Reactions: 508mikey
MSNBC was interviewing 5 doctors about kids going back to school and each one said they should. The MSNBC host then asked "without reservations?" and the reply was yes again. The expression on the host's face was awesome. Seems MSNBC needs to vet their experts better and make sure they know the company line before getting on air.

‘Absolutely' reopen schools: 5 of 5 pediatricians would send their kids back to class
its the teachers that dont want to go back

Football may start but I promise you it won’t finish. It might make it to late September

The SEC/ACC/Big XII are assuredly going to announce plans to proceed with a season beginning in September (maybe August, if OU gets its way) on Friday. As long as the television revenue keeps pouring in and there are no deaths/huge spike in regional case counts, they’ll trudge forward game after game.

Those were the "revised" guidelines after the White House reviewed the original CDC guidelines. In addition, the more dada collected, the guidelines are updated to include those new data.

They just posted yesterday that information. It’s revised because they realize they should. So they will.

In the case of schools, school systems have done nothing to upgrade filtering air systems which could clean and recycle safe breathing air. They have no attempted to buy computers so students can study at home and still learn. The Federal Government has not provided any resources to assist in these efforts. Many States and Localities jumped the gun and reopened too early and we have seen the results.

I agree that education is one of the two or three activities which have essentially ignored at all levels of Government and again we find ourselves in a very difficult situation. When the ball has been dropped, it is almost impossible to catch up. Unfortunately, recovery will take some time, but we can not sit around and wait if this is to be resolved.

The Federal Government, via the Cares Act, has provided NC Public Schools with $396.3 million for COVID-19 relief. Of this, $356.2 million of this went directly to public schools. In NC, this is intended to go to summer learning, student devices, school nutrition, staff devices, and home and community WI-FI. My county alone, one of the larger in NC, has received $31 million to help with costs related to the pandemic.

I'm not sure how you can say that the Federal Govt has provided no funds! I don't know what TN has received, but I'm sure the state has received its share! The question is, in NC, too, will it be used the way it should be used?? My county hasn't even stated its plans yet to return -- online / A/B days / hybrid / classroom with social distancing, etc. The thing you have to realize is that the Federal Government, and believe me, I'm not a huge fan, especially of Congress, can only do so much. There must be some wise people in place at the city and county level to help make these decisions!

Easy google search is your friend
View attachment 292741
In many areas, hospitals are more occupied, not because of COVID, but because they are now catching up on elective surgeries. Be careful who you pay attention to. Ask questions. Do your research somewhere besides CNN. Some media outlets, namely some of the ones you are quoting, have an agenda. Look at all sides of this. I'm not saying it's not a dangerous virus, but the media outlets are fueling the fire for a purpose, IMHO.

well then, it depends on where you are. Where I am if you walk into a medical facility with virtually anything, they test you. And we are at the point now where damn near anything you have is a symptom of COVID.

i know people who have seen a doctor for all kinds of things (confirming pregnancy, constipation, leg pain, back pain, etc) who were all tested for COVID

Same in my area. Testing sites in many places, just drive in and get tested, with no symptoms at all. If you get admitted to the hospital for any reason u get tested.

Wrong. Don't listen to a handful of schools and teachers unions. The vast majority of teachers I know think kids need school and that distance learning is difficult in high school and impossible at lower levels

All the teachers I know want school to start, which, it has now. I know several teachers, and all of them thinks school should start back. I have seen on the news teahcers who didn't want to go back, but none that I know personally.

And that was on msnbc one of the most liberal news channels.

In many areas, hospitals are more occupied, not because of COVID, but because they are now catching up on elective surgeries. Be careful who you pay attention to. Ask questions. Do your research somewhere besides CNN. Some media outlets, namely some of the ones you are quoting, have an agenda. Look at all sides of this. I'm not saying it's not a dangerous virus, but the media outlets are fueling the fire for a purpose, IMHO.

I did notice all those news outlets were liberal news channels, and newspaper. Bunch of lies going around on both sides of the news media.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
He can’t keep his pets (Alabama, Auburn, Florida & Ga) all happy with this schedule thing.

Bama didn’t want to have to play ga, Fla & Tennessee in the same year. Really? How about playing Ga, Fla& Alabama EVERY year?

Penn State has announced they will not allow fans in their stadium this year. I can't help but think back to what Deer Park said about the SEC allowing no fans to 20% capacity. I believe we will have no fans in the stands league-wide this year.

VN Store

Back