SEC Commissioner concerned about football being played this year : CBS

Average age of death is 80 years old. That exceeds the average U.S. life expectancy. You can blame a decent chunk of that early on on the loser governors of New Jersey and New York who forced nursing homes to be exposed to COVID. Besides that, Alot of those supposed deaths shouldn't have been blamed on COVID. Alot of these people were dying anyways, and probably even died of cancer, pneumonia, ect, but because they tested positive for COVID it was listed as a COVID death.
Yeah screw those old people...you’re all heart

God that's a horrible take...I really hope a thought like that is just an ugly manifestation of your disappointment that we might not get football this year....If not, you come off looking like a not so great person.

No, the football players have nearly a zero chance of dying from this. What don't you understand about this? I'm sure the "Well, others around them may be vulnerable" statement may now come from you. To that I say that THEY need to take precautions. The players are fine.

Weaklings. Complete weaklings. Americans have went from taming the wild west to being afraid of a virus with a 99% plus recovery rate. We should be embarrassed as an entire nation.

Hopefully, all the big donors here and at all the other colleges will get together and pull back all their donations and threaten to withhold all future donations if football isn't played.

You're a psycho. Have some compassion and be a little less selfish. We'd all be better for it.

Don’t you realize that all some of these people care about is watching some “fuh-baw”? And it doesn’t matter to them who gets sick or dies as long as the gladiators entertain them.
Of course I do and it’s such a blatant exhibition of some of the most unbelievably shallow, callous and self serving fandom I’ve ever seen that I can’t stop looking at the posts....it’s sad but I can’t stop haha

No, the football players have nearly a zero chance of dying from this. What don't you understand about this? I'm sure the "Well, others around them may be vulnerable" statement may now come from you. To that I say that THEY need to take precautions. The players are fine.
What don’t you understand about the players being at risk for long term lung, heart, and kidney damage? Death is far from the only complication from this virus.

Only 5% of the 18% of the 10% who caught it and were hospitalized had serious to severe complications and we know we dont know these numbers are not 100% accurate but they are worse if that helps or less if that helps but usually the numbers are mistyped and still 75% accurate. Some situations require special intervention unless the hospital is too busy not being too busy but overcrowded with empty rooms and nurses on furlough or vacation at the beach which is open but really closed except for exercise. Some doctors say but we haven't heard them clearly say this is the craziest virus ever except for that time they said it and that other virus and the 4 others we know how to deal with in 90% of the civilized world. So it is bad outside unless you need to go outside but wear a mask unless you need a drink at the bar then dont wear a mask or your breath will get trapped in and you'll fail the DUI test easier and that leads to less Wendy's which may or may not be a good thing. But stay 6 feet apart except when you need to be close and wear a mask if 6 feet isn't possible with the exception of if sometimes it's possible. In summary you are only 43% likely to know the virus exists but 100% likely to hear of a person who had it before testing began but then again the virus isnt real so that person is 67% of the time lying. My mom says hi!

Go Vols

So if a vaccine is never found do we shut down forever? Been 6 months since all Schools and sports started shutting down for the folks who believe no sports or schools! So when? Never?
My dad is a doctor and he thinks we will have a vaccine by December

No one is cheering for it. People have been predicting its eneviability, in some instances, for months now. If truth angers some here, how pathetic that is.
Just band-aid it, pull it right off and get it over with.

In all seriousness though, I hope some of you who have openly cheered on the virus for the season to be canceled realize real people are effected by this and towns will be devastated. Knoxville as big as it is will take a huge blow

God that's a horrible take...I really hope a thought like that is just an ugly manifestation of your disappointment that we might not get football this year....If not, you come off looking like a not so great person.

Damn, Dude. At least tell the guy specifically what is God-forsaken awful about what he posted. Specifics. Not generalities.

What about Trey Smith and his health conditions and I'm sure other players around the country may have health conditions that have not yet been found.

Reactions: 08Vol
As someone who lost two people very close to me including my grandfather who should have had quite a few years left I've never cheered on the virus. I've mourned it. I've also mourned the spread of idiocy and misinformation I've read daily on what was once my favorite web site to visit. I was praying for college football to happen so hopefully it would get my mind off things I've had to go through. But I also don't want anyone to go through these same things because proper caution wasn't used. Flame away, anyone who would like to. I really don't care.
Sorry to hear that. Everything about this year just sucks. At least you had the privilege of having the time with them that you had with them. In a way, they live on through your memories of being with them. That's what I try and tell myself. No disrespect intended.

VN Store

Back